Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook Admits He 'Probably' Will NOT Return To Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    WE all predicted this

He'd find a way to avoid Spence, duck his first legit mandatory

and before some **** says well he's fighting GGG, well Brook has nothing to lose fighting GGG, he is SUPPOSE TO LOSE
    Jesus fcukin Christ, do ever get tired of being stupid? He avoids a fighter by going UP in weight?! Shut the fcuk up and log off.

Comment

I'm a big Spence fan and I think there are plenty of WW for him to fight other than Brook. I would much rather see an elimination for Brooks belt at WW. That would be the best thing for Spences's developement. He is a special talent but experience is the best teacher. No rush to fight Brook who has outgrown the div. If he is still around when Spence gets to 154 then they can fight. This talk about Brook ducking Spence is dumb. At 154 Andrade and Lara are the only ones I think could hang with Brook based on pure talent. The Charlos,and Williams lose competitive affairs.
      Last edited by ironfriend; 09-06-2016, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
        154 is probably the best weight for him, I think Eddie said that would be the perfect weight for him when the Golovkin fight was first announced.

Problem is, 154 has a lot of difficult matchups, the Charlos aren't that great but they are huge for the weight like he's huge at 147 plus Andrade, Lara so those are all high risk low reward like Spence. Assuming Canelo beats Smith and vacates he could go for that belt, or if Smith wins that would be a big fight but he'd probably be tied into a rematch clause.

Some might say he's avoiding Spence by leaving 147 but if he is then he definitely won't get it any easier at 154.
        If he goes to 154 and still seeking out the JoJo Dans then I've gotta call it how I see it. I wonder if Spence would fight him at 154 just to have the fight under his belt.

Comment

Originally posted by AD86 View Post
          Yea of course Brook an undefeated fighter is throwing away his undefeated record in a fight hes supposed to lose to avoid fighting Spence, Spence may turn out to be great but hes done nothing so far and if Brook was to beat him next fight he gets labeled a hype job.

Clowns like you moan about the quality of Brooks opposition he goes and takes on the hardest challenge he could reasonably be asked to take by moving up the limit his frame will take him to fight a man clearing out the division 2 above him and you still find a way to knock him.
          Nah , if he beats Spence people wouldn't say Spence was a hype job they would give the props to Brook and say he exposed Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
            Nah , if he beats Spence people wouldn't say Spence was a hype job they would give the props to Brook and say he exposed Spence.
            Nope I can see people on here calling Spence a hype job if he loses. It's just the way out is around here losing once automatically makes you a bum.

Comment

Didn't see him going back to the WW limit after this, regardless of the outcome.

Brook isn't "ducking" Spence by moving up to MW to fight Golovkin.

I'm big on Spence, but that equation or rationale makes absolutely no fucking sense.

I think Brook will have his moments and be competitive, with Golovkin eventually wearing him out and stopping him in the championship rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                Which elite level has golovkin fought at? Coz last time I checked, they both don't have stellar resumes and they both are having the problem of champions in their division ducking them, and they both have the exact same KO ratio, with only 3 fights not being KO wins.
                Golovkin's done it more times, and Errol's resume makes Golovkin's look like that of an ATG. No faulting the kid, it's still early days and for the same reason it's hard to say he's really been avoided much... he was never even in the picture until the Aligieri and Bundu wins (and even these are both fairly meh IMO, though the manner was impressive).

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  WE all predicted this

He'd find a way to avoid Spence, duck his first legit mandatory

and before some **** says well he's fighting GGG, well Brook has nothing to lose fighting GGG, he is SUPPOSE TO LOSE
                  Or maybe he just doesnt want to keep terribly draining himself.

Comment

Tell us something we didn't already know! There was no way he was going back down to 147 after this fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      Golovkin's done it more times, and Errol's resume makes Golovkin's look like that of an ATG. No faulting the kid, it's still early days and for the same reason it's hard to say he's really been avoided much... he was never even in the picture until the Aligieri and Bundu wins (and even these are both fairly meh IMO, though the manner was impressive).
                      Keith Thurman blatantly ducked when Spence called him out last year after Mayweather said that they should fight on his undercard with the winner getting a fight with the man himself.

Spence answered Mayweather's call by calling Keith out right after his next fight and Keith responded by making all sorts of excuses as to why they shouldn't fight.

Brook jumped two divisions to get away from him, took a win win fight even though he would have been the draw if he had beaten Vargas and Spence, but he knew he wouldn't win so he cashed out.

Comment

Working...
                      X