Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook Admits He 'Probably' Will NOT Return To Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course not, he's a huge super middleweight dwarfing GGG and will probably move up to LHW where he belong.s I can't believe Golovkin is taking such a risk against this massive a fighter.

Comment

But but but, GGG is picking on small guys doe!

Comment

I wonder who has Brook been sparring with? Is he getting some real work by 168 and 175 pounders? There has to be a reason that someone convinced him to stay @ 147, other than a Mayweather or Pacquiao payday. Some guys only succeed when they fight smaller men (Chavez Jr.) and then when they move up, they realize that starving down 20 lbs. isn't that bad after all!

Comment

So the rumors of him struggling to make weight for the gavin fight (i think is the one) might be true.
          He might actually do good this saturday but still get ko'd

Comment

There's no surprise here. Although Spence is a high risk, low reward fight, I don't view this as a duck. This gets him a big payday with no expectations of actually winning. If he does, great for him. If he gets knocked out, he doesn't lose any stock. Win-win.

With that being said, he shouldn't be sucking himself dry to get to a lower weight to begin with. This is borderline cowardly in my opinion. Squeezing down to an extremely low weight, so you can get a size advantage in a combat sport is lame. I understand that all boxers do this, but there are levels to this. If Brook was sucking himself that dry, I have no sympathy for him. He should have moved up to 154 years ago if it has been such a struggle to make 147.

Either way, I hope he fights better than most predict. His confidence is making me irrational. I'm starting to believe he may be able to give GGG a show...

Comment

Wow. People in this thread. People in this thread! Are saying by fighting GGG. He's ducking Spence. Ducking Spence!!! I like young Errol. Great upside. He's a threat. But this has to be the most twisted reasoning i've ever friggin seen. You duck a 147lber who has not fought at the elite level ever...to fight arguably the biggest puncher since Mike Tyson...who also has a damn good boxing IQ??!!!??? And he's ducking... Sheesh the internet brings them out.

Comment

Once again, Spence is being overrated. Guy is a good fighter but why would Brook duck him?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Not realistic to expect him to after Bulking Up the way he has done for this fight and it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with "FEAR OF SPENCE JR" as some will suggest. I think going down to maybe 154 might be more realistic and to be honest, I think he can BEAT most of the champions at 154 now of course that will depend on how much damage he takes from GGG. Surviving 12 is a Moral Victory for Brook IMO, he has absolutely NOTHING to lose on Saturday.
                  Stop! He has no chance of beating the charlos, lara, jrock, or andrade. He also has no chance of beating canelo (judges). He can beat Liam Smith for sure, maybe Trout too if he's good against southpaws, and he maybe kos Harrison, though if he fails to KO or hurt him he'll have his ears boxed off.

Comment

Originally posted by greglory View Post
                    Wow. People in this thread. People in this thread! Are saying by fighting GGG. He's ducking Spence. Ducking Spence!!! I like young Errol. Great upside. He's a threat. But this has to be the most twisted reasoning i've ever friggin seen. You duck a 147lber who has not fought at the elite level ever...to fight arguably the biggest puncher since Mike Tyson...who also has a damn good boxing IQ??!!!??? And he's ducking... Sheesh the internet brings them out.
                    Which elite level has golovkin fought at? Coz last time I checked, they both don't have stellar resumes and they both are having the problem of champions in their division ducking them, and they both have the exact same KO ratio, with only 3 fights not being KO wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                      Stop! He has no chance of beating the charlos, lara, jrock, or andrade. He also has no chance of beating canelo (judges). He can beat Liam Smith for sure, maybe Trout too if he's good against southpaws, and he maybe kos Harrison, though if he fails to KO or hurt him he'll have his ears boxed off.
                      Well lets see how he looks Saturday with that weight

Besides Lara and Trout, the rest are unproven as much as I like Andrade and J Rock, I do think they're legit but they still have to go out and prove it. I thought Amir Imam was legit and look what happened to him?

While I think Kell Brook loses to GGG Saturday, make no fuking Mistake, Kell Brook is a talent himself an win or lose on Saturday he will still be a contender regardless of the outcome of that fight. I THINK again "MY OPINION" is that I think he can go down to 154 and compete with ALL OF THEM and probably even beat most of them again "MY OPINION" which is not going to change until prove other wise and not because someone on this forum disagrees with me

Comment

Working...
                      X