Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was down with Winky Wright (160lbs) vs Floyd Mayweather (140lbs)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Fight was agreed to.

Winky priced himself out like always.
    I don't remember but this seems the most likely. Had it happened it would have been Floyd vs jmm but more boring because winky wasn't an offensive fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      I don't remember but this seems the most likely. Had it happened it would have been Floyd vs jmm but more boring because winky wasn't an offensive fighter
      You think Floyd would have dominated Winky?

Comment

I thought Winky was too big, but the situations are different. Floyd was actually special, unlike Special K.

Comment

Fight was agreed to.

Winky priced himself out like always.
          Well that depends on who you believe, but Winky should of took a 45-55 split if that was offered. I honestly think Floyd had very little chance of beating Winky and Winky could of got paid again in a rematch. Don't think his team thought that one through all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
            Well that depends on who you believe, but Winky should of took a 45-55 split if that was offered. I honestly think Floyd had very little chance of beating Winky and Winky could of got paid again in a rematch. Don't think his team thought that one through all the way.
            There's nothing to believe and not believe. The facts are there.

Bob Arum negotiated 50-50, Floyd then said he wanted 55-45 (more than reasonable) and Winky turned down a career high pay day like he did numerous times in his career.

And Floyd would have likely stopped Winky considered the rehydration clause he agreed to.

Comment

Bob Arum negotiated 50-50, Floyd then said he wanted 55-45 (more than reasonable) and Winky turned down a career high pay day like he did numerous times in his career.

And Floyd would have likely stopped Winky considered the rehydration clause he agreed to.
              Going off memory here, but I thought Arum said they had never actually agreed to terms, as far as money goes. Winky's team claimed they did and then the deal got changed. Either way, Winky should of took the fight because we are going to disagree on who would of won. I think Winky would of handled Floyd rather easily even with the rehydration clause. Too big, strong and good for Floyd's skills to overcome imo.

Comment

people have no problem if fighters they dont like go up in weight, if they dont, they are cowards. But if anyone else goes up in weight to fight them, then its an instant mismatch, freak show fight. People wanted mayweather to go up for the same reason they want GGG to go up, because the higher they go from their natural weight, the higher the chance that they will lose. And if they do lose, it wont be due to size, it will be due to them being 'exposed' as a hypejob

Comment

I don't understand Winky Wright's career.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post

marquez was weighing 133-4 lbs for his fights at LW before and after the floyd fight.

wright was a robust, durable 154 lber who had success at 160 lbs. a lot of people think he beat jermain taylor, who was the lineal champion at the time. you're talking about men who genuinely aren't in the same conversation in terms fo their size.

Comment

holy f#cking god you cannot be serious

Comment

Working...
                      X