No announcement yet.

Official(ish) Boxing Betting Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    He's still a top LHW for now but I feel he's lost a step. He's just not looked the same to me since Ward 1.
    There was a time he was quite dynamic back when he fought cleverly, Campillo etc these days he looks flat and ponderous. That spring in his steps gone he can't glide in and out and control range like he once did.
    His feet were all over the place vs Mikhalkin.
    I don't see Kovalev prior to Ward 1 having any problem with a guy like that. Regardless of low blows etc he looked awful in the Ward rematch too.
    I don't see anything special in Eleider like a slightly better Pascal really but I just feel Kovalev isn't what he was. I don't think he's mentally all that strong either. A stereotypical bully really.
    you should probobly watch the chilemba fight before you bet on alvarez mate. clearly lost that fight imo

Comment

• I can't shake this fight

He was winning, he busted Mikhalkin up and eventually got the stoppage but it wasn't a great performance. Mikhalkin ain't world level. What if Mikhalkin could punch? I'm not seeing the same Kovalev from a few years back.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
        you should probobly watch the chilemba fight before you bet on alvarez mate. clearly lost that fight imo
        It was close but I had Eleider scraping it by a couple of rounds if memory serves. Kovalev didn't look great vs Chilemba either he's an awkward mofo only The Nail has blew him away (and Bivol soon enough).

The blueprint to beat Kovalev is out there and Eleider has the tools, stamina and durability to give Kovalev big problems.
        If Eleider is still there late he has every chance.

Comment

It was close but I had Eleider scraping it by a couple of rounds if memory serves. Kovalev didn't look great vs Chilemba either he's an awkward mofo only The Nail has blew him away (and Bivol soon enough).

The blueprint to beat Kovalev is out there and Eleider has the tools, stamina and durability to give Kovalev big problems.
          If Eleider is still there late he has every chance.
          I had a big bet on Alvarez on points doubled with something else at the time, i remember scoring most of the close rounds to Alvarez (as you tend to do when u have £ on it) and i still thought Chilemba clearly won.

Kovalev didnt look great but he still clearly won the fight, did chilemba win more than 3 rounds?

Comment

• I think I gave Chilemba 4 rounds vs Kovalev.
            Kovalev certainly isn't the same fighter he was then.

His legs are going. His feet don't react like they did.
            Constantly off balance, feet crossing.
            He doesn't even look the same puncher. He still has all the floors Chilemba and Ward exposed in fact they're more obvious than ever.

Ward ruined him imo. He might beat Eleider (I think likely outcome is Kovalev tough decision) but its certainly going to take put a lot more mileage on.
            I see it ending badly he's not the most sturdy and his defense is maintaining distance. No inside game he doesn't know how to clinch.
            He's not going to keep a Bivol or Beterbiev off of him. Gvozdyk has better feet, a better jab.

I guess he's a top LHW until proven otherwise but I feel he's there for the taking.

Comment

• I agree that Kov has lost a step. But hes still a great fighter. maybe just not the destructive force he used to be. You can get 3/1 for Storm? Tempting, but most likely, you'll be losing your money.

Comment

• Lol fury is a favourite vs wilder for a fight this year

I can see fury making wilder miss a lot early but the layoff is gonna have made fury that tad bit less athletic and that small reduction in speed is all it takes to lose

Wilder to beat fury should thr fight happen is a 5 star play...meaning bet a relatively decent % of your bankroll

Comment

Eleider Alvarez better than 3\1 vs a quickly fading Kovalev with money piling on Kovalev.

I probably still edge Kovalev in a tough fight but if I can get 4\1 on Eleider I'm seeing great value.
                  Great shout mate

Comment

• There is some boxing free on Facebook Watch tonight at 9 pm ET in case anyone is jonseing for action on a Saturday evening: I took Jesus Rojas at +475 vs Joseph Diaz. Former Olympian Diaz missed weight and is ineligible to win the WBA Regular featherweight belt in this back to back title fight after losing his WBC featherweight belt to Gary Russell Jr. Despite the weight mishap, the hard hitting Rojas appears to be the bigger man at the face-off.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/8/1...rojas-to-go-on

Jesus M Rojas (+475) vs Joseph Diaz ~$160.00 for ~$760.00
                    Jesus M Rojas/Joseph Diaz Draw (+2900) ~$25.60 for ~$742.40

Comment

• i like beltran to win vs pedraza

bookies have it evens

pedraza went into a slump after davis fight, had a really close fight vs moran which i remmeber watching live, he started slow imo, and i think morans cuts affected him late.

pedraza doesnt have high enough output imo, and its in beltrans adopted home state of arizona.

beltran is 36 but he did finish strong late in his last fight vs moses.

beltran does get cut a lot though.

beltran has clear advantage in power

and i think beltran is the better fighter overall

so a clear bet for beltran imo. although the money has gone on pedraza. not sure if that is shark money that is aware of how the camps have gone. there is obviously always the risk of injuries and whatnot.

beltran to win is my play at 5/6 odds.

Comment

Working...
                      X