No announcement yet.

Doug Fisher on the Demographic, GGG haters, Racism and Bias in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
    Ward is by far the most hated boxer on this forum.
    ^This. All while being the most skilled fighter in the sport - with arguably the best resume among active fighters.

Why is that?

Comment

why are people pretending that people arent standing with the fighters they are standing with because of their ethnic background????

HUMANS ARE TRIBAL.

BY NATURE.

= HUMANS ARE RACIST BY NATURE.

What you see in public when people arent racist are people lying to themselves holding back their true savage nature consciously and subconsciously.

I think we should just do a racial olympic medal count.

BLACKS
      WHITES
      ASIANS
      LATINOS
      NASTY TRANS

Who has won what.

Keep It Simple.

Stop beating around the bush....

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        where was an article like this when the boxers getting the hate/bias were Mayweather, Roy Jones etc.?

oh yeah, Dougie was one of the guys criticizing them in the very same ways he complains about GGG getting called on now.

Its as if he feels GGG is above being criticized for not fighting anyone of substance.
        ^This right here...

Comment

Seeing a whole bunch of crying in this thread.

This is how "hated" and "biased" the American sports media is in regards to poor wittle Golovkin.

The "World Wide Leader In Sports" has Golovkin in their top 25 fighters of the last 25 years:

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...oxers-25-years

Ring has him number 3 in their P4P rankings:

http://******.craveonline.com/ratings/pound-for-pound

This very forum at #4

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=pound

Cut the bullshit, and tighten your vaginas because a few black posters on here may or may not like him because of his race.

Comment

Who is the fucking court jester? Has he conducted some sort of census to determine his claims? I'm sure there is a small percentage of dumbasses who support a particular fighter while shitting on another strictly because of ethnicity or race. Such people are not true fans of the sport, but rather are fans of racism & cronyism. Fuck that! I base my opinions of fighters on their talent, their character & their guts. Neither their ethnicity nor race has a damned thing to do with it. I hope the majority of true boxing fans feel similarly.
            Last edited by SUBZER0ED; 09-01-2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              I think in a way he was pointing out that there are black fighters out there that fight guys of no substance that are praised by black Americans but trash GGG for the same. He did drift off a few times though which is odd for a 'supposed" pro writer to do. Also it was kinda odd as to why he brought Ward into the equation like Ward has been Pro Black or has played a Black villain. If anything I think Ward has chose to identify himself as a Christian/family man moreso than an black man. Im not saying hes probably not proud of it but I know being a Christian your brethren are other Christians not who shares the same skin color. This was made obvious when Ward chose to back Guerrero (another Christian and homeboy) over Mayweather and I remember some people in the black boxing community took offense to this... So again it was odd that Fischer portrayed Ward as apart of the antagonism.
              He is over exaggerating the praise Wilder gets from fans that do not like GGG.

I use myself as the example, I am critical of GGG's resume and think Wilder is utter trash and post the same.

The problem some black people have is GGG's KO streak is praised despite it coming against subpar comp while Wilder's isn't. I think Wilder's comp is far worse than GGG's so I can understand why treating them as equal is a problem.

Much of the criticism of GGG is fair and his fans need to accept that. The criticism that is unfair they need to accept as well because they did the same thing in the past with boxers like Ward and Floyd.

Comment

I agree but the article makes it look like there's all this hate when there really isn't its just 2 or three assh0les and their alts in the real world golovkin is loved by everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                  In a sport where the history of racism in America could be told through the stories and treatment of some of its most transcendental athletes (Jack Johnson, Joe Louis, Ali, etc.), good ole Dougie Fischer has decided that 'the demographics' treatment of GGG is the hill he wants to plant his flag on.

Yeah, aight.
                  ^This right here...

Comment

I can summarize it for you:

"What's the matter boss, we sick?"
                    ^This right here.

Lol...

Comment

No my friend, it's not odd at all. It's the way the media has long dealt with Black folk. One big bucket of negative narratives already well embedded into the American psyche, whether they are applicable to the individual or not.

This is how this description of GGG is magically not applicable to Andre Ward (gold medalist and Christian family man who carries himself with absolute class) who other than skin color, it fits to a tee:

Fischer knows what he's doing. There's money to be made in Kneegrow-baiting.
                      Sorry dude, but you're exactly the type of person that Fisher is talking about. I respect Ward as fighter, but to say that he carries himself with absolute class is laughable. Ward talks alot of ****, his fight against Kessler was as classless as it gets, he has a reputation as a primadonna to deal with, which is rightfully earned over a decade plus.
                      Sure, he's not Carlos Monzon or SRR, but he's far from 'absolute class'.

This has nothing to do with black or white. It's about RIGHT or WRONG. And don't get me started that it's how the media portrays black folk. You have your blinders on and have no idea what you're talking about.

Ward has been getting opportunities that Golovkin could only dream of through his career. Ward got paid 2 million dollars to fight Paul Smith, who was a 40th ranked contender from Britain. Do you know what Golovkin had to do to make the same money? He had to fight a Top5 champion on PPV.
                      And that doesn't prevent the lot of you from prancing around here singing "golovkin ppv flop mr.97k" which only shows that you have no idea how basic math and finances work.
                      Ward was also involved Nike's 25th anniversary of "Just do it" commercial, along some of the greatest athletes ever. He also just had a role in the movie this year after not doing ANYTHING to deserve it in over 5 years.

On top of all of this, Ward, still to this day, whines about his promoter and how he was in a dispute, yadda yadda. He was suing his promoter after Goosen put him on the map with S6 and got him all the advantages possible in that tourney. Then Ward went on and sued a dying man because he felt 'disrespected'.
                      Well guess what kiddo? Golovkin was also involved a promotional dispute. But his situation was SLIGHTLY (this is sarcasm btw) different. His promoters refused to give him a shot at Sturm. Golovkin stayed as Sturm's mandatory for 2 damn years, and still ended up getting screwed out of that title shot.

Except instead of whining about his promoter and blaming him for all of his problems like Ward still does, Golovkin packed his bags and his family, and moved them to another nation for the SECOND time in his life.

Golovkin has worked for every god damn thing he's earned. He's relocated twice, makes efforts to learn the language and the culture, still travels all over the world to build a name for himself, and is asking for big fights. While Ward sits at home and complains about how HBO is 'forcing' him to move up , while trying to fight Rohan Murdochs and Alexander Brands.

And the saddest thing is that boxing has so many fans that are either complete morons, or closet racists (the 'demographic that Fisher talks about), that instead of respecting a fighter who's working to promote the sport, most of you troll the forums trying to find the lamest reasons to discredit him. It's sad and pathetic, and is one of the biggest contributors to the decline of the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X