Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doug Fisher on the Demographic, GGG haters, Racism and Bias in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fischer talking about Blacks, Arum talking about Whites, Kapernick sitting for national anthem cause of some movement, protests everywhere, and Trump talking mad smack about mexicans. And this forum isn't any better

Feels like everything is reverting back to 1960's

People are people

Comment

In a sport where the history of racism in America could be told through the stories and treatment of some of its most transcendental athletes (Jack Johnson, Joe Louis, Ali, etc.), good ole Dougie Fischer has decided that 'the demographics' treatment of GGG is the hill he wants to plant his flag on.

Yeah, aight.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
        aint nobody reading that long ass story wheres the cliffs *****???? ,...,,,,,,
        goglovins resume is booty,,,, fight some names to put respeck on ur name,.,,,,,,
        I can summarize it for you:

"What's the matter boss, we sick?"

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          Good to see some from the media has acknowledged what many of us already know. The anti GGG crowd has become a very vocal and vile minority, completely obsessed with talking about Golovkin nonstop.
          The thing is thats not really a racial thing at all. People, of all colors, have a certain segment of their population who thrive on hating that "perfect" person. At work, at school, in their favorite sport or whatever. This is some common ****. Floyd was this in boxing for a long time. GGG is this now. Ward is this too. Even Thurman & Brook & Spence got some haters cuz thus far they have been perfect in their career & if those guys grow in their perfectness the hate they receive will grow.

So Dougie making GGG's situation about race in anyway is short sighted on the deeper, non-racial issue at hand with the negative opinions & words about guys like Floyd, GGG & Ward. Hell Oscar was hated by a lot of people when he was that undefeated perfect guy. I'm not sure I can think of a undefeated high profile guy who DIDN'T have a solid amount of haters in my time watching boxing.

Comment

Whoah..i guess he does visit Boxingscene.

Comment

This topic is funny because I have recently began to look at this situation from the outside. At first I hated GGG because Ward is my favorite fighter and I am Mexican-American btw. I went on a few rants against GGG fans because I thought & felt their support of him inferred racial bias because who would really hate a Christian family man? But when i look at things from the other point of view what boxing fan would hate an ACTIVE champion, gym rat, that wants to unify a division, and knocks people out? Kinda seems to me like the shoes on the other foot when you think about it like that. Truly a real boxing fan would acknowledge that both men are good/great at what a dominate fighter does, you dont have to like them or think they are invincible, hell I will never like the Celtics, Giants, or Rams but I acknowledge a good season and when they face my team I will be hoping for a win, Im a Laker, 49er, and Dodger fan btw.

One thing I have noticed is black sports fans in general dont care to acknowledge anyone of a different culture or try to find a black athlete better. IDK why that is? Personally my favorite athlete of all time is Kobe Bryant even though there are plenty of Mexican or Mexican American athletes I could choose from grant it not as many as AA but I seriously doubt you would ever get a brotha to choose anyone but another brotha as their favorite athlete of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                I think in a way he was pointing out that there are black fighters out there that fight guys of no substance that are praised by black Americans but trash GGG for the same. He did drift off a few times though which is odd for a 'supposed" pro writer to do. Also it was kinda odd as to why he brought Ward into the equation like Ward has been Pro Black or has played a Black villain. If anything I think Ward has chose to identify himself as a Christian/family man moreso than an black man. Im not saying hes probably not proud of it but I know being a Christian your brethren are other Christians not who shares the same skin color. This was made obvious when Ward chose to back Guerrero (another Christian and homeboy) over Mayweather and I remember some people in the black boxing community took offense to this... So again it was odd that Fischer portrayed Ward as apart of the antagonism.
                No my friend, it's not odd at all. It's the way the media has long dealt with Black folk. One big bucket of negative narratives already well embedded into the American psyche, whether they are applicable to the individual or not.

This is how this description of GGG is magically not applicable to Andre Ward (gold medalist and Christian family man who carries himself with absolute class) who other than skin color, it fits to a tee:

......and he’s got a clean-cut look – short hair (sometimes with a part in it), no tattoos. He’s also polite and respectful outside of the ring. He just smiles, offers his sound bites and stays out of the usual mud-slinging between rival fighters, promoters and managers. This drives cretins crazy. (Trust me, I’m an expert on a__hole boxing fans.) They want the fighters they hate to engage with them, sink down to their level. GGG won’t do it, and it pisses a lot of them off. They actually like it when a white-skinned fighter they piss on spews some s__t back, which is one of the reasons Krusher Kovalev isn’t as hated on as much as GGG.
                Fischer knows what he's doing. There's money to be made in Kneegrow-baiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  This topic is funny because I have recently began to look at this situation from the outside. At first I hated GGG because Ward is my favorite fighter and I am Mexican-American btw. I went on a few rants against GGG fans because I thought & felt their support of him inferred racial bias because who would really hate a Christian family man? But when i look at things from the other point of view what boxing fan would hate an ACTIVE champion, gym rat, that wants to unify a division, and knocks people out? Kinda seems to me like the shoes on the other foot when you think about it like that. Truly a real boxing fan would acknowledge that both men are good/great at what a dominate fighter does, you dont have to like them or think they are invincible, hell I will never like the Celtics, Giants, or Rams but I acknowledge a good season and when they face my team I will be hoping for a win, Im a Laker, 49er, and Dodger fan btw.

One thing I have noticed is black sports fans in general dont care to acknowledge anyone of a different culture or try to find a black athlete better. IDK why that is? Personally my favorite athlete of all time is Kobe Bryant even though there are plenty of Mexican or Mexican American athletes I could choose from grant it not as many as AA but I seriously doubt you would ever get a brotha to choose anyone but another brotha as their favorite athlete of all time.
                  This is not unique to Black folk, but only Black fans seem to take heat for that.

As a matter of fact, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that on May 2nd, 2015, WAY more Black folks were cheering for Manny Pacquiao than Pinoys were cheering for Mayweather. But folks will act like only Black folk 'support their own'.

Comment

The Demographic Doug Fisher is a clown

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                      This is not unique to Black folk, but only Black fans seem to take heat for that.

As a matter of fact, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that on May 2nd, 2015, WAY more Black folks were cheering for Manny Pacquiao than Pinoys were cheering for Mayweather. But folks will act like only Black folk 'support their own'.
                      IDK about that 1 man, maybe who really know but I do know a lot of Filipinos especially women that dont like Manny because he is a womanizer. One thing I did notice is black athletes (from different sports) dont care for Floyd Mayweather probably out of professional jealousy.

In boxing though especially on this site, AA posters will support a Latino fighter if it fits their agenda. Like fights under PBC or Floyd or antoher black fighter beat them so if they beat someone they dont like its like Floyd won too? Like the Canelo love or the love Marquez got when he KO'd Pac? But did you notice that Canelo loses to every black fighter at 154 and Marquez got schooled by Bradley even though he was 40 and it was a split decision? I mean its cool to an extent, support your own but acknowledge others because if not then you are really not a boxing fan, just a black boxing fan. And 1 last thing, I have noticed this Floyd mayweahter fan generation refers to themselves as "stylist fans" or "defensive fight fans" BUT they love Errol Spence. In my eyes Errol Spence will be in GGG's shoes in the next 2 years, being a title holder with no real relevance because no one wants to fight him. this really goes to prove there is an agenda driven audience. I like boxing for what it is and thats a skill vs will sport, all races got skill and will and that generally I think is how people should look at it. Nothing wrong with going for who you relate too but again boxing is a great sport and there is more to it.

FYI, when I say "you" I dont mean YOU, just generally speaking. And whats up addix?? where you been? haha

Comment

Working...
                      X