Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doug Fisher on the Demographic, GGG haters, Racism and Bias in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some whites interpret any criticism of Kovalev or GGG as racism.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      Yeah as being from Europe, I don't get it, people here cheer for all fighters and we don't give a damn about skin color or nationality.
      That's bull****. Europe has tons of tribal fanatics to.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
        Some whites interpret any criticism of Kovalev or GGG as racism.
        not naming names, but theres a certain set of posters on this site who's obsession with hating GGG transcends boxing matters

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          not naming names, but theres a certain set of posters on this site who's obsession with hating GGG transcends boxing matters
          Ward is by far the most hated boxer on this forum.

Comment

good article by Doug, I agree with him

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              Yeah as being from Europe, I don't get it, people here cheer for all fighters and we don't give a damn about skin color or nationality.
              As a latin american with mixed blood of american natives and europeas I also cant understand why there's so much racism against an eurasian fighter in the US. Well, I can. I agree with the article you posted. There are a lot of truths there.

Comment

where was an article like this when the boxers getting the hate/bias were Mayweather, Roy Jones etc.?

oh yeah, Dougie was one of the guys criticizing them in the very same ways he complains about GGG getting called on now.

Its as if he feels GGG is above being criticized for not fighting anyone of substance.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 09-01-2016, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Good to see some from the media has acknowledged what many of us already know. The anti GGG crowd has become a very vocal and vile minority, completely obsessed with talking about Golovkin nonstop. It's weird to me since there really isn't any reason to. Pac vs Mayweathere for example were two camps of extremely loyal fans of their fighters who were in the same division, the anti GGG crowd are just a mix of people who have no real dog in the fight rather they just love to hate Golovkin (sure maybe some are diehard Ward fans but hes at 175 now it should move past that by now).

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    where was an article like this when the boxers getting the hate/bias were Mayweather, Roy Jones etc.?

oh yeah, Dougie was one of the guys criticizing them in the very same ways he complains about GGG getting called on now.

Its as if he feels GGG is above being criticized for not fighting anyone of substance.
                    I think in a way he was pointing out that there are black fighters out there that fight guys of no substance that are praised by black Americans but trash GGG for the same. He did drift off a few times though which is odd for a 'supposed" pro writer to do. Also it was kinda odd as to why he brought Ward into the equation like Ward has been Pro Black or has played a Black villain. If anything I think Ward has chose to identify himself as a Christian/family man moreso than an black man. Im not saying hes probably not proud of it but I know being a Christian your brethren are other Christians not who shares the same skin color. This was made obvious when Ward chose to back Guerrero (another Christian and homeboy) over Mayweather and I remember some people in the black boxing community took offense to this... So again it was odd that Fischer portrayed Ward as apart of the antagonism.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      Good to see some from the media has acknowledged what many of us already know. The anti GGG crowd has become a very vocal and vile minority, completely obsessed with talking about Golovkin nonstop. It's weird to me since there really isn't any reason to. Pac vs Mayweathere for example were two camps of extremely loyal fans of their fighters who were in the same division, the anti GGG crowd are just a mix of people who have no real dog in the fight rather they just love to hate Golovkin (sure maybe some are diehard Ward fans but hes at 175 now it should move past that by now).
                      yeah, its the same old names on this forum, spewing crap every day, people can say im annoying, ggg fan boy etc but at least i do contribute positive posts and praise fighters. Some of these peope ive never seen post anything other than anti-ggg propaganda, and some of it is vile. Was one thread where they were just discussing him being a '***' cause he didnt stare at a womans chest during an interview

Comment

Working...
                      X