Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter on Carl Froch: You Can't Force Guys To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
    As for Froch, he probably can't make 168 anymore either, that's true. That's why they were talking about the fight last year at 168, before he retired. They're not talking about fighting him now unless he can make 168 again and comes back from retirement.
    Here's Froch telling Loeffler he can't make 168 last year when they were talking about the fight. He told Loeffler he could make 172. Froch hadn't fought in almost 2 years. Inactivity.

When the fight was first discussed, the super middleweight limit of 168-pounds was the weight class in play. Froch admits that he likely won't be able to make 168 again and a comeback fight against anyone would have to take place at 170 or 172-pounds.

Froch spoke with Golovkin's promoter, Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions, last month when both men were ringside for Wladimir Klitschko vs. Tyson Fury in Germany.

The British star claims Loeffler showed very little interest in the fight and seemed to place his focus on Golovkin going after Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.

"I spoke to Tom Loeffler who is his manager and I said, 'Look, lets do it at a catch weight because I’m walking at around nearly fourteen stone and I’m still under ten percent body fat, so I’m gonna struggle to make super middleweight. I won’t put my body through it.' I think if myself and Golovkin agreed to fight, it wouldn’t need to be at super middleweight for a world title, it would just need to be at a catch weight where I’m comfortable enough to box at," Froch told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.

"I said, “Come up to 170 or 172,” and Tom Loeffler was like, 'No, that won’t happen. I don’t even think it would happen at 168lbs because he’s talking about fighting Canelo now.' So the Gennady Golovkin unfortunately for the fans is also a nonstarter."

"After speaking to Tom Loeffler, it showed very little interest in him coming up to fight me. There’s another nail in the “I’m retired” coffin if you like, another reason for me to say I’m definitely done. There’s no big fight there for me."
    http://www.boxingscene.com/froch-gol...nterest--99213

Comment

Truth. GGG has to be the most feared middleweight in the history of the sport. Fans can debate, but fighters know. Prime GGG was superhuman. Now that he's getting older, I predict you finally see guys face him once he's 35, 36, and the speed, power, and stamina aren't the same. Once he's vulnerable, opponents will pounce on him trying to get that scalp and the $ that will come with a GGG win. But certainly during his prime years he has been more avoided than any fighter I can think of in middleweight history.

The art of nutt-huggery in full display...

Comment

Loeffler is absolutely right.

Since that is the case, you know what you have to do? Give up advantages and make incentives for the big names to fight you. Keep giving in until they have no reason to avoid you.

Comment

Cal Frosh post no shirt peecture on Tweeter and I sheet my pants

He eez too beeeig and too strong for me

Kal Bruks much better foight for me

Comment

"These guys literally get paid to say what they say. Their whole plan is for the trainer to talk tough, and the promoter to talk tough, while Golovkin sits on the sidelines and just smiles and waves. They tell him to smile and keep waving while they talk tough." - Andre Ward

Comment

Truth. GGG has to be the most feared middleweight in the history of the sport. Fans can debate, but fighters know. Prime GGG was superhuman. Now that he's getting older, I predict you finally see guys face him once he's 35, 36, and the speed, power, and stamina aren't the same. Once he's vulnerable, opponents will pounce on him trying to get that scalp and the $ that will come with a GGG win. But certainly during his prime years he has been more avoided than any fighter I can think of in middleweight history.

STOP !

remove your lips from Golovkin's knob.....

..... now, breathe.....

..... now, continue ^^

Comment

Golovkin wasted his prime.

You don't know who Body Snatcher is but he was more avoided.

Comment

Al Haymon fighters are so entitled. Spence making the "give me the belt" sign for beating Leonard Bundo? If he wants a belt, go beat Thurman or Garcia or one of the guys at 154, and he will have a belt. But beating Bundu? That's ridiculous.

As for Froch, he probably can't make 168 anymore either, that's true. That's why they were talking about the fight last year at 168, before he retired. They're not talking about fighting him now unless he can make 168 again and comes back from retirement.
                  Spence is 8 years younger you racist moron.

Comment

Al Haymon fighters are so entitled. Spence making the "give me the belt" sign for beating Leonard Bundo? If he wants a belt, go beat Thurman or Garcia or one of the guys at 154, and he will have a belt. But beating Bundu? That's ridiculous.

problem is neither thurman and Garcia wants to fight Spence

Comment

Froch was pretty much retired he kept hinting at that since his last fight in 2014 but leave out all those facts cause it don't fit in your narrative of GGG most feared argument

Comment

Working...
                      X