Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: We'd Fight Andre Ward, But He Can't Make 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    At this point, I don't see how even the most diehard of GGG's diehards aren't completely sick of the chatter coming from his camp. For the sake of argument, let's pretend at one point in time when a Ward fight at 168 was mentioned that he didn't make financial sense. Our priority is to unify all the belts didn't become the "priority." And "we'll do it at 164" was never spoken. Let's pretend none of that happened. The fact is in a couple weeks GGG is fighting a welterweight movimg up two divisions. So how in the name of sound logic and rational can you defend or justify GGG being unwilling to make the two division jump to fight Ward, Kovalev, or any other light heavyweight that generates interest for Gennady. I think GGG is a fighter and he'll fight anyone. But his team is making him look really bad with the bull**** they're constantly spewing in the media.
    A team didn't make him stay in the amateurs for far too long...that was on him...the same way his pro career is on him.

GGG is a willing participant in this sham they are running.

Comment

there we have it, can people please stfu about ggg ducking ward now? The guys a light heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Why not fight him at 175?
        um let me guess einstein, maybe its because hes a 160 fighter who makes 160 easily?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          there we have it, can people please stfu about ggg ducking ward now? The guys a light heavyweight.
          So what.

Kel Brook jumped 2 divisions...why can't GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            um let me guess einstein, maybe its because hes a 160 fighter who makes 160 easily?
            He's fighting a welterweight next bruh. That excuse was gone the second GGG signed on to fight Brook.

Comment

Ward is fighting Kovalev. GGG is fighting a Welterweight.

Comment

... some people here seem to forget that, in the first place, it was about Ward calling Mayweather "lil' Floyd" by saying he's ready to go down "as deep" as 160 and fight him!?!

... nota bene: Ward was calling out "lil' Floyd" at 160, remember?... WTF...

Comment

... What kind of posters do we have on this thread?

Look hereunder:

Floyd Junior
                  Up and Comer

DJS
                  Up and Comer

Comment

GGG is fighting Brook now so who gives a ****?

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      A team didn't make him stay in the amateurs for far too long...that was on him...the same way his pro career is on him.

GGG is a willing participant in this sham they are running.
                      I think at his core, GGG is a fighter just like 99.9% of other guys that lace gloves on. I don't think fighters fear other fighters. That said, GGG, just like most other fighters that real the top level of the sport, get more wrapped up in the business aspect of boxing than the competition aspect. In his heart, GGG knows that from a legacy standpoint, the Ward-Kovalev winner is the biggest fight for him. It makes him the clear cut P4P King. And in his heart I think he thinks he can beat both guys. But financially, Canelo is the biggest fight, so that's his target. And in the meantime, HBO is willing to pay him good money to fight tomato cans. And he has a growing fan base that's willing to pay to see him foght tomato cans. So yhe Ward-Kovalev winner just isn't worth the risk.

Comment

Working...
                      X