Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya is Firm: Canelo Will Out-Sell Both Pacquiao Fights!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

face value tickest are $40.
    tickets on ticketmaster go for $100 in those nosebleeds. but anywhere seat in cowboy stadium is great. that damn screen doe. always catch myself watching the game there vs on the field below. WE DEM BOYZ

Comment

Originally posted by BaDaBingVIP2 View Post
      half the fans that show are there for the spectacle rather than the actual fight. mostly celebs that are there to be seen and locals looking to be seen by the celebs. facebook tagging and instagram. just to say they were there. blah blah blah.
      3/4% just want to PARTY Mexican Independence Day until 1-2 A.M. on Saturday Night in Jerryland!!!!

I'm FREAKING jealous!!! That is going to be one KICK@ss party 50K strong...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        OK... It's the Mexican Holiday -- if they are able to pack the venue with great extra-sportive entertaining events/services it's OK... They can do well...
        Yup!!! You know this. Most won't even care about the fight. Just treat Jerryworld like one big club.

Comment

also dont sleep on the uk bringing a few thousand fans. i mean beefy is no Ricky Hatton that brought swarms of those brits to vegas, but i think i will see some pint drinking fellas there.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            I do think Canelo lost alot of steam though since Trout. Regardless of what people say/think about the outcome of Lara and Trout fight, Canelo at that time made himself look like a guy thatd take on all comers. Now that impression has died down drastically. But I will say there are ALOT of casual Mexican fans that dont know the ends and outs of Canelos career right now but word is spreading. I do think Canelo is the biggest draw in boxing BUT that title is totally open for the taking by whom I cant call it but I dont see him having a firm grip. I think it was you that told me that the ticket prices were $40 each, imo thats pretty high for such a big stadium, they must have a lot of events going on and are trying to cover those costs. Im sure itd be a fun venue overall though.
            They announced ticket prices to start as low as 40. Secondary sites have them as cheap as 60. Still these are far cheaper then Canelo's vegas tickets that started at 150 (3X the amount) and are much more on secondary sites. Like I said if you a casual fan or a canelo fan who can't afford to fly out to vegas and spend all that money 40 bucks is very affordable. And casual fans don't care about most of the crap we bytch and complain about on these boards. Unlike many other fighters they know who Canelo is and they don't have many opportunities to see him or world class boxing in dallas let alone cowboy stadium.

Floyd was killed by hardcore boxing fans for 5 years straight for not fighting Manny when fans wanted. Yet he still drew crowds. People are overestimating the impact of hard core fans complaining and underestimating casual fans who don't know or care about that shyt. The idea that Canelo was going to go from the biggest draw in boxing to nobody showing up at his fights overnight is foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              If Canelo gets 50K to come through the gate, and 750K to buy the PPV, the event will be a success!
              I'm betting they get 50k++ in the gate and 350ish PPV buys....If I was a betting man of course.

Comment

Originally posted by BaDaBingVIP2 View Post
                also dont sleep on the uk bringing a few thousand fans. i mean beefy is no Ricky Hatton that brought swarms of those brits to vegas, but i think i will see some pint drinking fellas there.
                YUP I didn't even think about that???

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Pacquiao????

He hasn't outsold Pacquiao. He said they're on pace to outsell Pacquiao. They've only sold 20,000 tickets. I don't think he's going to outsell Pacquiao. Whenever Oscar starts talking like this something is wrong. His projections have always been off. He said Cotto vs. Canelo would do a million and a half buys. He said Khan vs. Cotto would do more than that. And today we find out Oscar even lied about it doing 600k. Whenever Oscar starts to oversell something is wrong.
                  WOW!!!! Your reaching??? Need me to go to Wal-mart and pick you up a few more bags of salt???

But you are WRONG on "Khan vs. Cotto would do more than a million and a half buys" Oscar never said that...And WHY WOULD he???
                  Last edited by Shadoww702; 08-26-2016, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Somebody knows if Andre Ward is still alive or is he pushing a Canelo? Even if he is a Son of God i am still worried...people are shooting so much nowadays...

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      People forget Canelo drew 40k in texas against Trout. And he's a much bigger star now then he was then and this fight is on a Mexican Holiday and this fight has the Dallas Cowboys helping to draw casual fans. This fight will draw more then Trout and will pass Manny's 41k at Cowboy Stadium record. Mexicans and casual Cowboy fans will fill that joint up.
                      It will BREAK that record no doubt about it. Who WOULDN'T want to party Saturday Night on a MexiCAN Holiday at JerryWorld??? I would be like what Club you going to??? And I be like check this out???

Too be fair it's mostly about the party as Canelo the VIP guest. And he's bringing some Britz as well.

I'll bet ANYONE right now this fight...I mean event does 50K at the gate. PPV wise?? No comment lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X