Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya is Firm: Canelo Will Out-Sell Both Pacquiao Fights!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar also predicted that Canelo-Khan will do 1.8m PPV buys:

By Jeff Aranow: If Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya’s predictions come true, the May 7 fight between WBC middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Amir Khan will be bringing in twice the pay-per-view numbers on HBO than last November’s fight between Canelo and Miguel Cotto.

Canelo-Cotto brought in 900,000 PPV buys on HBO, which were very good numbers and made Golden Boy happy.
    Source: Boxing news 24 /2016/04/208836/

Comment

OK... It's the Mexican Holiday -- if they are able to pack the venue with great extra-sportive entertaining events/services it's OK... They can do well...

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
        He does have the most ppv's sold of anyone in boxing currenty, so dela hoya has a point. That makes him the A-side in any negotiations with anyone in boxing, he should stay at 155 and collect all of the belts before he moves up...
        Pacquiao????

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        I predicted Canelo would sell at least 50K tickets so I'm not surprised that he's already outsold Manny who did 40K at Cowboys stadium. It's a Mexican Holiday in texas! Most fans there don't have the money to spend to fly to Vegas where Canelo usually fights, stay in hotel for the weekend and buy expensive tickets. So this might be your only chance to ever seen Canelo fight. Most of the tickets here are affordable $50-$100 bucks.
        He hasn't outsold Pacquiao. He said they're on pace to outsell Pacquiao. They've only sold 20,000 tickets. I don't think he's going to outsell Pacquiao. Whenever Oscar starts talking like this something is wrong. His projections have always been off. He said Cotto vs. Canelo would do a million and a half buys. He said Khan vs. Cotto would do more than that. And today we find out Oscar even lied about it doing 600k. Whenever Oscar starts to oversell something is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
          Sorry De la hoya but in 3 to 5 years Verdejo will be bigger star than Canelo.
          Please bro.... I'm Puertorican too but you sound really ****** with this post. Verdejo is a bum, every body knows it. Flanagan would have kicked his ass. Too bad he felt of his bike. Pedraza will now face Flanagan, win, and be the next Puertorican star (as he should have been years ago).

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Pacquiao????

He hasn't outsold Pacquiao. He said they're on pace to outsell Pacquiao. They've only sold 20,000 tickets. I don't think he's going to outsell Pacquiao. Whenever Oscar starts talking like this something is wrong. His projections have always been off. He said Cotto vs. Canelo would do a million and a half buys. He said Khan vs. Cotto would do more than that. And today we find out Oscar even lied about it doing 600k. Whenever Oscar starts to oversell something is wrong.
            PPVs is all prediction and guessing and most of it is posturing to sell the fight. Hell GGG's promoters predicted he was going to do what 300-400K PPV buys but it flopped and really only did 97k or 150k depending on who you believe. But ticket sales is different. Oscar said the VENUE told them they have already sold more tickets then Manny did in each of his 2 fights at this same point. That's not prediction that's what the Cowboys Stadium people are telling them. How else would Oscar know what the F Manny ticket sales were looking like leading up that was a Top Rank promoted fight. They are ahead of the pace for Manny who sold 36k tickets and gave away almost 6k in comps

"The fight was rewarded with a paid crowd of 36,371 and a gate of $6,359,985, according to post-fight tax reports filed with Texas boxing regulators. Counting complimentary tickets delivered to sponsors, media outlets and others, the Dallas fight attracted 41,843"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_...Joshua_Clottey

We'll see what the final attendance is on fight night but I don't see anyway it doesn't pass Pacquiao. You say it ONLY sold 20k tickets in 1 month like that's a bad thing. How many fighters are selling that many tickets today? And apparently Manny in his prime didn't either.

Comment

28,000 Mex's will see Canelo fight but 40,000 will leave after

Go figure the multitude influx of Mex's coming to see Canelo red fight in Dallas. Every box car semi truck and tunnel will be full of illegals trying to come into the USA. Why not have Canelo fight in Mexico so 40,000 can leave the US to go south to see Canelo the Irish Mex fight? Mex's multiply quickly and the crime rates soar with this Mex invasion. of decent folks. Fight in mexico City if they have a bull ring with electricity and running waTER and wooden chairs. Liam isn't much anyway.

Comment

So he's predicting that one crap fight will outsell another crap fight? Does anyone really care? I sure dont nor am I paying to watch either fight. Only fight this year that I will pony up for is Kov/Ward. I've saved myself a few hundred bucks this year not paying for these crap ppv fights!

Comment

People forget Canelo drew 40k in texas against Trout. And he's a much bigger star now then he was then and this fight is on a Mexican Holiday and this fight has the Dallas Cowboys helping to draw casual fans. This fight will draw more then Trout and will pass Manny's 41k at Cowboy Stadium record. Mexicans and casual Cowboy fans will fill that joint up.

Comment

Canelo won't touch Manny as far as PPV goes. Which is where the money is.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      People forget Canelo drew 40k in texas against Trout. And he's a much bigger star now then he was then and this fight is on a Mexican Holiday and this fight has the Dallas Cowboys helping to draw casual fans. This fight will draw more then Trout and will pass Manny's 41k at Cowboy Stadium record. Mexicans and casual Cowboy fans will fill that joint up.
                      I do think Canelo lost alot of steam though since Trout. Regardless of what people say/think about the outcome of Lara and Trout fight, Canelo at that time made himself look like a guy thatd take on all comers. Now that impression has died down drastically. But I will say there are ALOT of casual Mexican fans that dont know the ends and outs of Canelos career right now but word is spreading. I do think Canelo is the biggest draw in boxing BUT that title is totally open for the taking by whom I cant call it but I dont see him having a firm grip. I think it was you that told me that the ticket prices were $40 each, imo thats pretty high for such a big stadium, they must have a lot of events going on and are trying to cover those costs. Im sure itd be a fun venue overall though.

Comment

Working...
                      X