Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the MW division considered a "weak" division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    Because none of those fighters have fought each other and they all have crap resumes. How do we know if Canelo is a good middleweight or if Billy Hoe Saunders and Danny Jacobs are anything more than mid-tier contenders? It's all speculation.

My theory, is that none of them want to fight GGG, because they suck. And since they suck, they want to get paid a gazillion dollars, before another average fighter, proves how much they suck, for a much lesser price tag.

A bunch of fighters that suck = a weak division.
    I agree with you bro to an extent but in all reality the same can be said about 50-75% of every boxing division. Does 154 suck because none of them have faced each other? How about 147? None of them have, the only one trying to unify in 147 or taking a dangerous fight is Jessie Vargas but hes supposedly the lowest hanging fruit, Im assuming now its because he has the biggest cajones....

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      IDK man, Jacobs has to get some credit for KO'ing Quillen. Hes A-/B+ level, at least his power will hold him to that standard. Saunders isn't a killer or anything but he has skill, I dont think anyone but GGG runs through him and I know its what counts in the ring but Canelos name holds a lot of weight in terms of ranking. He was also the recognized champ in the weight division below which has to add to the reputation of the division...
      If he was more durable, I would maybe consider him A-, but he's just not, just like Khan. He is somewhat underrated skillwise though, very solid boxer. I would say B or B+ at very best.

Comment

it's weak because noone fights anybody

its a bunch of non household names that all think they're Floyd and Manny that can cherrypick who they want

BTW- is Quillin still alive?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          There is Canelo, Saunders, GGG, & Jacobs in that division but i constantly hear its a weak division. Its hard to find other divisions with as many top names and skills as the guys I mentioned if any tbh.
          Some talented up-and-comers too:

Derevyanchenko
          Khytrov
          Murata
          Sulecki

Plus several at 154 that will need to move up soon.

Comment

Because the best guy in the division just said that a ww will be his toughest test.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              Because a Kazakh fighter is dominating the division like it never got dominated before. Butthurt racist fans, mostly biased American fans are the people who say that.
              Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              because a fighter they dont like is the best guy in it, so they have to say its ****
              Yes, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                Because the best guy in the division just said that a ww will be his toughest test.
                Who were Hagler's toughest tests against? The fight is ****, most GGG fans know it. Please answer the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                  Who were Hagler's toughest tests against? The fight is ****, most GGG fans know it. Please answer the question.
                  Probably John "The Beast" Mugabi.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                    Most divisions have more than 1 elite A level fighter, middleweight has 1, 2 if you wanna include Canelo. Jacobs and BJS are good but B level.
                    I'm not so sure. You got like 6 divisions that are relatively stacked, but everywhere else I just don't see it. 115, 130,147 and 175 are the only divisions off the top of my head that I would consider them having two or more elite fighters. Tons of talent swimming around, but most hav't proven anything. A level to me just means your skill set, elite to me means you have proven it.

With that said, middleweight is an ok division that would be highly competitive if it was'nt for GGG. Its not great but it also is'nt trash like some would like us to believe.

Comment

List the fighters that are good and what are their accomplishments? And none of the fighters there are really passing the eyeball test either~

Comment

Working...
                      X