Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Smiles, Explains Why Golovkin is NOT a Top 5 P4P Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    Yes, but what doesn't make sense is why the other top MW's are saying they need millions to take the risk of fighting GGG. What risk do they talk about? if GGG is beatable, he's an average fighter.

I don't get why they don't want it, if beating GGG means four belts.
    What did Sergio do when he was ducked?

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
      Golovkin ducked Ward, Canelo ducked Golovkin. No different.
      Ward is a 172-175 fighter and GGG a 160 fighter.

Canelo is a 160 fighter draining himself to 155 (not anymore, he says he will move up to MW after this fight)

Ward was never Golovkin mandatory.

Comment

Making canelo vacate like a puss1 was a very good win
        And making Golovkin admit Ward was too much was a great win for Ward.

Comment

Ward is a 172-175 fighter and GGG a 160 fighter.

Canelo is a 160 fighter draining himself to 155 (not anymore, he says he will move up to MW after this fight)

Ward was never Golovkin mandatory.
          Ward offered to fight the coward at 168, a weight Golovkin agreed to fight at. I got the link of him saying it. Golovkin is a entitled fraud.

Comment

Golovkin ducked Ward, Canelo ducked Golovkin. No different.
            From now on u better bash and hate on Canelo the same way yo do to GGG. No different.

Comment

This white on white hate needs to stop

Comment

Well, to be fair, let's look at some other top p4p guys.

1.Cholatito is obviously going for his 4th division win, he hasn't lost and is fighting better opponents...obviously
                2.Kovalev, despite what some may view as not the best division, has a win over an ATG and Pascal twice, which is still better than golovkins resume.
                3. Ward, obviously not the best opposition in his last 2 fights, but it's universally agreed that his skill level vs any fighter if they were the same weight, is better.
                4. Lomachenko, 2 titles in 7 fights, one loss in a foul fested affair in which his opponent also missed weight and he STILL almost beat him. The complete domination and schooling of Russell also was highly impressive.
                5. Fury, yep...he's fought plenty of bums, but he beat the man that had not lost in over a decade, and that guy fought pretty much everyone in the division.
                6. Canelo...up for debate if he ducked, or just played games with golovkin, considering he's the money man in the sport right now. Canelo has beaten Lara, Trout, Cotto, and has 1 loss against the best of this era...2 of those names who are future HOF fighters.
                7. Crawford, put on a clinic vs postol, gave Gamboa his first loss, and has some other ok names, and doesnt seem to have any issue with moving up in weight.
                8. Rigondeaux, he's not that active, but he's dominated some good and top opposition, another fighter that his speed, accuracy, and defense makes me believe again, that if he were the same weight, he'd give anyone hell.
                9. Frampton just won an important fight that he was the underdog in (when was golovkin an underdog vs any bums he fought?), making him also a 2 weight world champion.
                10. Mikey Garcia, great fighter who imo will be #1 p4p at some point. His overall skill and past opponents even with the inactivity shows he's got the goods.. easily winning his last fight. His record has some excellent names on it. Again, better than golovkin.

These are in no particular order btw.
                Last edited by Metho_4u; 08-23-2016, 12:21 AM.

Comment

He's not wrong.

Comment

Ward too much for me, isn't a duck? Hypocrite.
                    Wasn't Ward suing his promoter at the time? That or his shoulder, whatever reason he said no to fighting Ggg when Hbo approached them both. The Ggg fight was on the table for Froch, but he was saying this about the smaller unproven guy giving up home turf: "he's dangerous and if he can be avoided we'll avoid him. ". Well he could be avoided. Some retire, some forfeit their belt, some lose the pen when it's time to sign, or develop promotional issues

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                      From now on u better bash and hate on Canelo the same way yo do to GGG. No different.
                      I do all the time fool, Canelo fighting 20 minutes from me, I'm not going to his bum fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X