Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence-Bundu Bout Draws PBC Network-Record 6 Million Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by larryusa View Post
    People just love knockouts..ISNT THAT WHAT YOU GGG GROUPIES ALWAYS SCREAM???
    noone wants to see an old 40 year old man getting beaten up in a complete mismatch mate. as i said im not slating spence, think hes looking really good and i like his style but casuals watching it quite rightly will be thinking why the **** is he in there with a 40 year old.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      noone wants to see an old 40 year old man getting beaten up in a complete mismatch mate. as i said im not slating spence, think hes looking really good and i like his style but casuals watching it quite rightly will be thinking why the **** is he in there with a 40 year old.
      Mandatory fight doe!!!!! bigdrama show doe

Comment

• Originally posted by larryusa View Post
        People just love knockouts..ISNT THAT WHAT YOU GGG GROUPIES ALWAYS SCREAM???
        The reason for the hatred is pretty obvious. They try to hide behind certain excuses, but we all know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          Martinez who had bad legs, Murray is past prime because he got dominated by Groves and beat by Abraham? That's his level.

Lemieux is the same B- level.

34 and his best win is Murray a 33/1 underdog. ATG though.
          Yeah Murray isn't past prime. He's always been a loser that'd give somewhat tough fights to his opponents, but never had the mentality to actually win. That's why his best win is....

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
            The reason for the hatred is pretty obvious. They try to hide behind certain excuses, but we all know.
            Oh trust me i know...they expose themselves so easily

Comment

no im not, i like errol spence. just saying with that slot sandwiched in between olympic events it would have been good to have got a competitive match up and get people interested in boxing again
              The goal was to get the fans interested in the hot prospect, Errol Spence

Comment

no way man, the commentators reminded people who Bundu was, his high rankings, never being stopped, etc etc etc. Viewers were fine. People want to see beat downs, Spence delivered.

It was the perfect time slot for this fight, they are shocking numbers. It makes me wonder how well boxing would do Sunday mornings/day time in the future (not football season obviously).

Comment

• Originally posted by DblLFThooK View Post
                  The only reason for this is the time slot. Smart placement right after usa mens bball gold medal game. People still thought it still was the olympics. Lol. Thats the truth. Either way smart move for boxing because spence got that Ko and gave the casual fans what they need to get excited about boxing.
                  Exactly. Monster rating but clearly the main factor was the Olympics. NBC had Olympic coverage all day except a 1hr block where PBC was sandwiched in between the Gold medal basketball game and the closing ceremony which drew 17mil viewers. Hell most people and restaurants/bars likely just left the channel on NBC all day thinking it was still olympics. Friday NBC aired a special episode of the Superstore following Olympics and it did monster ratings of 10mil viewers up 65% the highest rating that ****** show has ever done. Do you think 10m give a damn about Superstore?

Whoever picked this timeslot either NBC or Haymon was genius and it helped give them huge boost in ratings. The real question is will any of this carry over to the next PBC show. Or will you see the same decline in ratings that every NBC show but this one has seen.

Comment

you all make it sound like its a great thing, no it isnt. these people wont be tuning in again. they watched a 40 year old mean get beat up, you think they were all enthralled by that?
                    Typical and predictable comment from the armpit of boxing's fanbase.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                      why are you making out its hatred. am a fan of errol spence ffs, dont know how many times i have to type that

Comment

Working...
                      X