Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking Like Errol Spence will run 147 soon should Porter should be next opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Like Errol Spence will run 147 soon should Porter should be next opponent

Brook is gonna get decaptitated vs GGG and I doubt he moves back down

Im sure Spence blitzes whoever he'll fight for the vacant title

thats Leaves WBO Vargas WBC Danny Garcia and WBA Keith Thurman

at this point I think he'd beat all three

I try not to get ahead myself with young fighters but this kid is the truth. Works hard, has the right attitude and has a nice blend of speed, power, poise and aggression,

Thurman doesnt like it to the body and he is the type of fighter to out jab you, he often wastes a lot of energy moving his legs but not his hands

DSG is the sleeper in the division, always finds a way to win but I dont see how he deals with SPence unless he tries to outbox him in spots and time him coming in

Vargas is straight up and down, pretty basic but solid fighter. Spence beats this kid

I think Porter would make a great opponent for him if he cant get a title shot next.

Agreed, he looks like the best talent at 147 to me. I still need to see his heart and will tested, but he's definitely got the skill. If he takes a good shot, nobody at 147 is touching him.

The guys who would do best against him at 147 are imo Thurman, Porter, Diaz and Bradley, but I don't see any of them beating him.

If you're not mobile, it's man down! He's an absolute monster in the pocket, anybody who doesn't have good legs is in trouble against Spence. He reminds me of a southpaw GGG but he's better on the inside, but not as good on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      Brook is gonna get decaptitated vs GGG and I doubt he moves back down

Im sure Spence blitzes whoever he'll fight for the vacant title

thats Leaves WBO Vargas WBC Danny Garcia and WBA Keith Thurman

at this point I think he'd beat all three

I try not to get ahead myself with young fighters but this kid is the truth. Works hard, has the right attitude and has a nice blend of speed, power, poise and aggression,

Thurman doesnt like it to the body and he is the type of fighter to out jab you, he often wastes a lot of energy moving his legs but not his hands

DSG is the sleeper in the division, always finds a way to win but I dont see how he deals with SPence unless he tries to outbox him in spots and time him coming in

Vargas is straight up and down, pretty basic but solid fighter. Spence beats this kid

I think Porter would make a great opponent for him if he cant get a title shot next.
      I like the kid a lot. I agree with him beating Danny and Vargas. Thurman I would still favor. I think Thurman's movement and counterpunching would give him problems. Would definitly answer the questions I have about Spence' defense and chin.

As far as Porter goes. Great name for his resume, but its a bad matchup for Porter. Porter is tailor made for Spence. Shawn still smothers his power and would lose pretty much every exchange all night. He likely takes a pretty bad beating. Shawn really needs to get him a coach/trainer that understands how to teach all the little nuances of in fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
        I like the kid a lot. I agree with him beating Danny and Vargas. Thurman I would still favor. I think Thurman's movement and counterpunching would give him problems. Would definitly answer the questions I have about Spence' defense and chin.

As far as Porter goes. Great name for his resume, but its a bad matchup for Porter. Porter is tailor made for Spence. Shawn still smothers his power and would lose pretty much every exchange all night. He likely takes a pretty bad beating. Shawn really needs to get him a coach/trainer that understands how to teach all the little nuances of in fighting.
        This is one fight in which I don't think Porter would be the aggressor in. Porter is a very good boxer when he's not the aggressor and is a lot less wild. We've seen him box against Diaz in patches, against Thurman, Le Greco etc. He actually not only outworked, but also outboxed the likes of Broner, Alexander, Pauli, even Thurman at times. He's got terrific double jab, handspeed, footspeed and over 300 amateur wins, I think he boxes in this one and does well, but not enough to win.

There's no reason for Porter to take the fight though, not yet anyway. Let Spence get his hands on the title, then there's something in it for both of them, Shawn wants to be a world champ again, Spence wants the name on the resume, it works for both guys.

Comment

Hit pause on those plans bruh, Errol is going for that crap belt ( the IBF ) and you know how they stall careers with strict mandatories but that actually a good thing for Spence right now I seen a lot of holes in his defense that will cost him a lot of rounds against the best at welterweight.

Side Note: Konstantin Ponomarev is up for a IBF mandatory soon no doubt that would make for a interesting fight you know he was suppose to face Spence in this eliminator but I forgot what happen with that...another name that stands out in the IBF ranking is Lamont Peterson -- thats a great fight...I say start off with these two get the rounds in and get the mandatories out the way.

Comment

Next fight should be Brook. However, I think Brook will vacate and go up to 154 after the GGG fight given there are reports that he was having a tough time making 147.

Here are the rankings now that Spence just beat Bundu.

1. Errol Spence Jr.
            3. Konstantin Ponomarev
            4. Jeff Horn
            5. Lamont Peterson
            6. Leonard Bundu
            7. Bradley Skeete
            8. Charles Manyuchi
            9. Eddie Gomez
            10. Andre Berto
            11. Samuel Vasquez
            12. Kevin Bizier
            13. Carlos Ocampo
            14. Rico Muller
            15. Ahmed El Mousaoui

If this happens, it looks like Brook will be fighting Ponomarev for the vacant title. I don't know much about him.

Comment

I'd like to see maybe a Robert Guerrero next before a Porter.
              A guy like Porter is a huge jump up in class. Spence might win maybe even stop Porter but is it worth the risk at this stage?
              Fighters need time to develop & mature. Spence is young, there is no rush.

Lets say he fights Porter and is found wanting then what next? People can say back to the drawing board but boxing fans are unforgiving. Nobody will give two ****s for the kid if he lost.
              He'll be forgotten and they will jump onto the next American WW like they have Sadam Ali and a whole heap of others.

Comment

Spence beats them all, nobody can chalenge him at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                  This is one fight in which I don't think Porter would be the aggressor in. Porter is a very good boxer when he's not the aggressor and is a lot less wild. We've seen him box against Diaz in patches, against Thurman, Le Greco etc. He actually not only outworked, but also outboxed the likes of Broner, Alexander, Pauli, even Thurman at times. He's got terrific double jab, handspeed, footspeed and over 300 amateur wins, I think he boxes in this one and does well, but not enough to win.

There's no reason for Porter to take the fight though, not yet anyway. Let Spence get his hands on the title, then there's something in it for both of them, Shawn wants to be a world champ again, Spence wants the name on the resume, it works for both guys.
                  Oh I'm not trying to **** on Shawn, I'm a fan and he is a better overall fighter than most give him credit for, but his default mode is coming forward and smothering you. He may try to box in spots, but I think as soon as he gets tagged a few times he will revert to what he is most comfortable with. I may be wrong but I just don't see him boxing for a full twelve rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                    Agreed, he looks like the best talent at 147 to me. I still need to see his heart and will tested, but he's definitely got the skill. If he takes a good shot, nobody at 147 is touching him.

The guys who would do best against him at 147 are imo Thurman, Porter, Diaz and Bradley, but I don't see any of them beating him.

If you're not mobile, it's man down! He's an absolute monster in the pocket, anybody who doesn't have good legs is in trouble against Spence. He reminds me of a southpaw GGG but he's better on the inside, but not as good on the outside.
                    I think Porter would answer those questions......once we see him in there with a pressure fighter and puncher most the questions will be answered.

Comment

Working...
                    X