No announcement yet.

The Spence ******ation is unreal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    I agree that Spence is overrated but let's be honest, Brook is never tsopping Bundu in 2 rounds lol

Say what you want about Spence but the guy is huge at 147lb and a genuinely hard puncher. Harder than Thurman (obviously lol) and harder than Brook too.
    I honestly disagree. I think had Brook fought Bundu they'd be talking about how much of a mismatch it was like they were after the Bizier fight.

I also think Algieri would get put to sleep in a couple rounds by Brook.

Spence attacks the body viciously causing you to defend it and then catches you unawares up top. Great power and technique. But Brook slips and slides tiny measurements and explodes punches through the target from inches away... he is the more dangerous puncher IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Lmfao! This thread is hilarious!! Are people really comparing who beat boom boom Bundu better? Hahahaha! Hes a 40yo man with no power for crying out loud! Its pitiful guys like Spencer & Thuman are even fighting him when theres other people within their company they could fight. & Brook is never going back to 147 & good riddance. Its funny but all the "PBC" match-ups r making Vargas vs. pac look like a superfight!!
      whoever was involved in making that match including spence should be jailed for assault and defrauding the public. that guy bundu could have been killed or put in a coma

Comment

says the guy who goes buckwild after nathan cleverly and tyson fury get wins

spence has a ton of talent. the kid can punch, box, and he's getting better. bundu had never been stopped, and made thurman look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          I agree that Spence is overrated but let's be honest, Brook is never tsopping Bundu in 2 rounds lol

Say what you want about Spence but the guy is huge at 147lb and a genuinely hard puncher. Harder than Thurman (obviously lol) and harder than Brook too.
          Brook would absolutely smash Algieri and Bundu on the same night within 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            i think spence is good. but to say brook moved up to duck him is ridiculous. plus didn't spence move down from 154 lbs? they can still fight though, but i don't think they'll do it as soon as GGG KOs brook.
            You know i've been the ONLY guy on here pro Brook for about the last 5-6 years. Way before the Porter fight.

And even I fight it funny, how Brook was perfectly fine with fighting mandatories until Spence became a mandatory. Or until he saw Spence would be a mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              This kid looked OK.

Facing a guy he was 100/1 to win, who's only fight against a decent level opponent was Keith Thurman. Let's calm down a bit.

Keith Thurman dropped him in the first round and decided to get some experience. Big fuking deal.

Brook would have wiped his arse with Bundu in 2 rounds ffs And some of you idiots are claiming Brook moved up to avoid Spence.

I mean, I don't know where to start. If there's anything in you that believes Brook is moving to MW to avoid this kid, you should have your ******ed brain scanned immediately.
              It happens every time, when someone knocks a guy out that guy becomes a monster and boogeyman and will be declared the one that will clean out the division. Its ridiculous.

Spence is a good young fighter but dude has fought absolutely nobody. He just KO'ed a journeyman fighter who went the distant with Thurman 2 years ago, but since he KO'ed him unlike Thurman that means hes the best at WW. Dang triangle theories.

Thurman who has a resume that is 100 times better than Spence is suddenly a bum fighter now because Spence knocked out a guy he went the distants with.

Comment

so everytime fighters on the come up win we will get these threads?

Comment

I was just thinking this Bundu is a little underrated for me. He isn't elite & falls short of world class but he is a solid little fighter. A good, honest pro.
                  Algieri? Meh, so & so.

There are levels to boxing & a guy like Kell Brook hell even a Danny Garcia is 3 levels above these types if not more.

I'm not hating on Spence I am one of few who see's he needs too fight guys like Bundu, that is how you develop but people really need to slow the damn hype down.

He beat a 41yr old who isn't & never was a world beater. I didn't see the fight but I'm reading he didn't look exactly spectacular either.

I think sometimes fans ruin prospects by hyping them - The fighter, their team start believing the smoke being blown up their ass. Spence still needs time to develop rather than talking crazy about GGG, Brook, Garcia I think a more logical step for Spence would be too fight maybe a Robert Guerrero next. He isn't ready for the jump people want him to take.

I was just skim reading & seen a post someone claiming he already beats everyone south of 175, just laughable.

Comment

Agree with this thread for the most part. Spence looked good, but not great. He got hit by Bundu, but at least he didn't swing wide as much as he did vs. Algieri.

But yeah, Algieri win doesn't say much since Pac dropped him like 6 times, and Bundu is an old man. Both guys are in the borderline top20. Spence definitely has a ton of skill and I'd love to see him fight a couple of guys in top10 to see how good he is.

Comment

• There's a whole video on Keith Thurman explaining why he found Leonard Bundu very tricky and why he had to run all night to a UD. Spence didn't respect his power walked through him and nearly killed him. Spence destroys anyone at welterweight. Brooks been wobbled by Senchenko and had life and death with Carson Jones, spence has not been hurt yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X