Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: Some Have It, Some Don't - I Have The 'It' Factor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
    Is that why your management team is moving you slower than molasses?
    Exactly. Spence fans are a special breed of bewildered IMO, sorta like Wilder fans. They just can't fathom their hero getting throttled when he gets in there with the true elites of the division. History shows us that scenario happens way more often than not. The guy has talent, no doubt, but he's just knocking down cans at this point. We'll see how things go when he starts going after titles vs the toughest champions.

Comment

Spence is being moved along appropriately for the talent in and around his weight class. I don't care for this fight but he's on a similar path as Ward was and I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess he's not gonna have problems getting fights........and soon.

In the next 2-3 years, he'll be in the top half of the top 5 #4# an eventually #1. Be great to see a tourney at WW and if Canelo hangs around 154 too much longer, Spence will whip that ass too......He has 'it'........and that is very apparent......if you don't see 'it' in him, you probably can't see 'it' at all.....

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        Exactly. Spence fans are a special breed of bewildered IMO, sorta like Wilder fans. They just can't fathom their hero getting throttled when he gets in there with the true elites of the division. History shows us that scenario happens way more often than not. The guy has talent, no doubt, but he's just knocking down cans at this point. We'll see how things go when he starts going after titles vs the toughest champions.
        Whole different level than Wilder........and in a much tougher weight class. It's easy to go out and blow out 32 bums that can't defend themselves. He's on schedule and I don't see anyone at WW beating him..........and that's not because I'm a fan of his........I haven't even decided that yet. He's just that obviously good. He'll keep one-upping his peers........I'm sure of that........eventually someone will have to fight him........and it's coming soon.

Comment

Fight GGG!

Comment

Spence is headed for the place in boxing that Broner said was going to be his (but never will be).

I think Thurman won't back down from a showdown with Spence, neither will Porter or Bradley, so quite a few prospective opponents. Khan will fight him for a price, but that price will he high as Khan knows he will lose and will want to be paid off - possible.

Brook will likely have problems getting down to 147 again, and if he does, I think he loses a step, but Brook-Spence also possible.

Spence - Broner ? Same as Khan, Broner knows he loses and will want to be paid off accordingly...doubt it will happen as no real challenge for Spence and Broner will price himself out again.

Spence - Garcia ? Garcia doesn't fight people who can/will beat him. Nuff said.

Comment

He's already got that cocky Broner type attitude when he hasn't proven schit yet. He better be careful he doesn't underestimate a legit opponent and get taxed for his attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                I swear man, I can can still remember some of the asinine posts calling Broner the next Mayweather jr, the future P4P #1, a future ATG of the sport, lololol. Spence "looked" like he had a good head on his shoulders with a good attitude but now he is starting to sound like Broner himself. I'd like to be able to support him but I can't support a guy with a schit attitude.

Comment

Bundu is ranked 7th by the IBF, otherwise no boxing organization ranks Bundu in the top 15 fighters at 147.
                  Bundu is older, smaller, slower and lacking in power.
                  Spence is a -10,000 favorite. By coincidence Ward was -10,000 favorite in his last fight.
                  This fight is about Spence's team protecting their guys record until they cash in on a mega-fight.
                  I'll probably watch though, cause who can resist a train wreck?

Comment

spence is great! looks unstoppable. but needs to beat some kind of name before he enters a ring with thurman. thurman just beat porter.
                    spence is gonna have "bundu". there are levels to this. give him guerrero, peterson, or khan. one of those names on his resume. then a shot at thurman.

Comment

The only thing he has is an undeserved amount of hype.

He is no where near, nor will he become what people expect him to be.

Incredibly limited.

See : Jeff Lacy

Comment

Working...
                      X