No announcement yet.

The Brits Deserve a LOT of RESPECT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Brits Deserve a LOT of RESPECT

I found this on YT and I'm sure many of you have seen it, but I must wonder why the U.S. isn't currently doing things like this. I'd love to see a round table with the fabulous four.

[IMG][/IMG]

And here are the heavyweights...

Not to mention that this is great promotion, but look at the energy on a fight night there and we all know about the chanting and cheering...

[IMG][/IMG]

You have Carl Frampton-Scott Quigg, Frampton-Santa-Cruz, Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and so many others making noise, making big fights and promoting the hell out of this sport. I know there are good promoters in the US, but as of now, I feel we are woefully behind the Brits. May hat is off to them.

The UK is a boring country no wonder they got time for these old farts, this would only get views on ESPN Classics here in America ( Maybe) considering nobody cares about these has-beens -- not even the NFL or NBA legends like Larry Bird or Jordan are going to get us to watch a 'Special' on them now you talk about Lebron James you got my attention ; these old timers are lame they remind me of my uncle whos always talking about the good ol days ( enough of that ****) -- lets talk about DSG, Crawford, Canelo, Degale, Zurdo,Thurman, Chocolatito, Wilder, Lomanchenko, Valdez, M.Garcia list goes on...or at least something relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      The UK is a boring country no wonder they got time for these old farts, this would only get views on ESPN Classics here in America ( Maybe) considering nobody cares about these has-beens -- not even the NFL or NBA legends like Larry Bird or Jordan are going to get us to watch a 'Special' on them now you talk about Lebron James you got my attention ; these old timers are lame they remind me of my uncle whos always talking about the good ol days ( enough of that ****) -- lets talk about DSG, Crawford, Canelo, Degale, Zurdo,Thurman, Chocolatito, Wilder, Lomanchenko, Valdez, M.Garcia list goes on...or at least something relevant.
      Well they did talk about Froch-Kessler which was coming up at the time the video was shot. So it was relevant at the time. I like the guys sitting around talking about boxing since I've seen them in the ring so much. How about a round table with the current fighters? I'd definitely love to see that too, if the egos could be kept in check, which is a big IF. Haha

Comment

Brits don't deserve any credit. Nearly all their champions are paper champs and roid abusers. Brits can't fight period, the UK has some of the most feminine men in the world. Take a look at their police ffs.

Trash, Tyson fury is a perfect example. Looks like a giant inbred bowling pin.. He's nearly 7 foot and hits like a welterweight. Worst of all he is using steroids and his power still sucks and he couldn't KO an old declining champ. Trash.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          Well they did talk about Froch-Kessler which was coming up at the time the video was shot. So it was relevant at the time. I like the guys sitting around talking about boxing since I've seen them in the ring so much. How about a round table with the current fighters? I'd definitely love to see that too, if the egos could be kept in check, which is a big IF. Haha
          Word ; these cowards stay on twitter...but when they are face to face its a different story...I feel ya.

Comment

Originally posted by BombZquad View Post
            Brits don't deserve any credit. Nearly all their champions are paper champs and roid abusers. Brits can't fight period, the UK has some of the most feminine men in the world. Take a look at their police ffs.

Trash, Tyson fury is a perfect example. Looks like a giant inbred bowling pin.. He's nearly 7 foot and hits like a welterweight. Worst of all he is using steroids and his power still sucks and he couldn't KO an old declining champ. Trash.
            The Squad Going In!

Comment

Originally posted by BombZquad View Post

wow LMFAO!

Comment

the colony is now the master

and their hoes aint all that either, most of em flat chested as a ironing board

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Word ; these cowards stay on twitter...but when they are face to face its a different story...I feel ya.
                  Yeah, man. The twitter wars don't impress me very much. Face to face discussion would be better and we'd get more fights because they'd say things they couldn't go back on.

Comment

The atmosphere at British fights is second to none and we've produced some of the best heavies in recent years, have historically produced the best super middleweights, still have a strong ppv scene (I personally dislike ppv but it shows the financial strength of boxing in this country) and we currently have 12 or so world champs, 4 of which are regarded almost unanimously as THE MAN in their division with a further 2 who are not quite unanimous but in the argument.

If we wana go the whole US v UK road then let's be honest, the US only have TC at 140 as the best. At 154 an argument can be made but it's pretty wide open atm. That's pretty sad for a country with the highest number of professionally certified fighters on the planet.

Comment

Working...
                    X