Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some one pls explain to me...What is so special about Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    can't tell if you're deliberately dumb, or just dumb. probably a combination of both.

not as fighter go up in weight. not once was that mentioned! as fighters GET LARGER, IE as you look at weight classes, FW, LW, WW, MW, so forth, they take less punishment from guys of their own size. and for that reason it's much more of an issue when a LHW can't punch than when a FW can't.

you should be banned for a lack of reading comprehension

do you really think i'd have media credentials for several years if there was a damn thing the biggest fanboy on bscene could tell me about boxing? i mean really, do you think i'd have media credentials for several years if arguably the biggest fanboy on this website could tell me anything?
    your media credentials dont come with common sense I see....you probably dont even know the difference between a parry and a block lol

a lot of media people know little to nothing about what goes on in a boxing ring.

You are truly overrating the importance of power....Tommy Loughran, Slapsie Maxie Rosenbloom, are all time great 175ers, Virgil Hill had no big punch and they all hall of famers, light heavyweights and non of them had great power.....Hopkins didnt either.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      you should be banned for a day for lack of proper boxing kowledge

every fighter in history has lost power moving up in weight. punch resistance AND power goes down when you move up because you are fighting naturally bigger and stronger opponents

I think he means generally fighters and fighting in the higher weight classes involves more power and less punch resistance as a result. If you take the heavyweight division as an example, it is the least predictable and the biggest gamble and highest stakes because the human head is not designed to take those forces not matter how big you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        You're joking right???

Did Floyd's power increase when he moved up??

Come on now dude.

Abraham was cold-co.cking people at 160 but that all went away when he moved to 168.

To imply Ward should have more power at 175 is just plain goofy.

reading comprehension:

not once did i talk about a single fighter moving up in weight. your little pugliss buddy made the same mistake.

i said "as fighters get larger," IE when you look at how punching power and chin vary between fighters of size A and fighters of size > A. as fighters get bigger [IE as you look at trends from bigger weight classes] punching power goes up, and resistance to that punching power, goes down. so for that reason it's a bigger issue and more rare for a LHW to not have power than it is for a 112 lber, who is probably going to the scorecards anyway if the fight is evenly matched.

again, i go back to leonard - hearns. leonard's behind in the fight. ward could concievably get behind vs kovalev. what do you do? leonard moved forward and beat tommy hearns up. he had the chin and hte mentality, but so does ward. what ward lacks is the punching power, and the finishing that comes with developing it over years. not only does ward lack the physical talent needed to punch the way leonard had to to get hearns out of there, he lacks the muscle memory and the skillset developed by learning how to do it. that's a huge limitation. ward may find himself behind on the cards some day, maybe even this november, and he doesn't appear to ahve the kind of punching power, particularly at lhw, to do anything about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by chris232 View Post
          roman gonzalez has a better cv. Alright yeah kessler was a decent enough fighter, will put that down as 2 good wins for ward. Still dont think abraham was/is any good at all and dont see that as a great win. What im trying to get at is that his wins from the past arent amazing enough to compensate for his dog**** last few years.
          ....GGG hasnt fought anyone even on Abrahams level....your point? This is speaking about the man's entire career

please quit you pathetic attempt at talking down guys Ward beat when several crap on your hero's best career win period

Abraham was a long time titlist at 160, actually had the balls to move up unlike GGG, and fought the best around at 168, won some and lost some but had enough in the tank to remain a mainstay and titlist years after

you do realize if GGG fought him today, it would be his best opponent...right?

The sad thing is Martin Murray may be GGG's best win and he couldnt even beat a clearly past prime Abraham.....pathetic

your agenda is clear and you argument weak

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            I think he means generally fighters and fighting in the higher weight classes involves more power and less punch resistance as a result. If you take the heavyweight division as an example, it is the least predictable and the biggest gamble and highest stakes because the human head is not designed to take those forces not matter how big you are.
            what good is power, if you cant land enough shots to win....common sense...dude is talking in circles.

Power means no more or less in any division.

skills>power

Comment

• tremendous ring IQ, world class defense and accuracy with his punches

that's all i got

Comment

• decent fighter. Decent guy in and out the ring. Ive never been wow'd by him. At this point and time in boxing i dont see him being in the top 5 P4P. Too much inactivity and the activity he has had lately has been pretty lame and of waaaaay less opposition. nobodies.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  Does he have blistering combinations? Exceptionally quick hands? Is his skill set on par with the greats of the past?

Ward is very simple to predict, it's jab, jab, right hand, clinch, elbow, maybe a head butt then repeat.

I'm not sure how many rounds he'd be winning if we had judges scoring his fights in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Nowadays, a fighter who is able to negate his opponent and even if he can't land much of his own, can win rounds.

Maybe I shouldn't have said he isn't particularly skillful, because he is good at what he does but he is pretty straightforward. What adds to his game is his strength on the inside and the poor quality of modern day inside fighters helps him.
                  Ward's skills have deteriorated significantly since his Super Six glory days.

Nowadays, he's fighting inferior competition, and he doesn't look nearly as impressive. His hand speed and foot speed are noticeably slower.

I think these last wasted five years have taken a toll on him...and it shouldn't be any surprise, as early thirties is a common time for boxers' skills to start to erode and degrade.

Comment

your media credentials dont come with common sense I see....you probably dont even know the difference between a parry and a block lol

a lot of media people know little to nothing about what goes on in a boxing ring.

You are truly overrating the importance of power....Tommy Loughran, Slapsie Maxie Rosenbloom, are all time great 175ers, Virgil Hill had no big punch and they all hall of famers, light heavyweights and non of them had great power.....Hopkins didnt either.

you're at the point where you genuinely don't understand why a lack of power or offensive potency is a problem, and it's probably a function of your floyd mayweather fanboyism as it's developed in teh context of floyd's lack of power and finishing abiliyt.

what does ward do if he needs a knockout?

and i'm almost certain that i've seen you spar

Comment

....GGG hasnt fought anyone even on Abrahams level....your point? This is speaking about the man's entire career

please quit you pathetic attempt at talking down guys Ward beat when several crap on your hero's best career win period

Abraham was a long time titlist at 160, actually had the balls to move up unlike GGG, and fought the best around at 168, won some and lost some but had enough in the tank to remain a mainstay and titlist years after

you do realize if GGG fought him today, it would be his best opponent...right?

The sad thing is Martin Murray may be GGG's best win and he couldnt even beat a clearly past prime Abraham.....pathetic

your agenda is clear and you argument weak
                      i think you misread that i put 'roman gonzalez', i didnt put 'gennady golovkin' did i ffs.

Comment

Working...
                      X