Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Boxing - Rio 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have seen the robbery of Kazakh fighter at Olympics before, but this tournament 4 robberies for a single country, it's too much...

Comment

• Originally posted by Uleke View Post
      I have seen the robbery of Kazakh fighter at Olympics before, but this tournament 4 robberies for a single country, it's too much...
      3 robberies, Mamashida won that fight fair

Comment

• I think they could let the Yeleussinov-Giyasov fight go on. All they need to do is make it to the second round and then stop it if necessary.
        One of the earlier fights only went a minute into the second round before they stopped it due to a cut and went to a decision. The same could be done here.

I don't mind Giyasov, but it wouldn't look that great if he wins Gold. Especially how fans have been turning on him after being a huge fan favorite.
        Yeleussinov deserves a chance for Gold. He is one of the best, if not the best boxer of these Olympics.

Comment

• Originally posted by yngwie View Post
          I am a huge Lomachenko fan, but the aiba was in love with him, he was in some close fights and never lost.
          Lomachenko was rarely in close fights and when he was he always had a big case for winning the fight. It's not like he got gift decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
            Lomachenko was rarely in close fights and when he was he always had a big case for winning the fight. It's not like he got gift decisions.
            I'm not saying he robbed anyone, but everytime he got in a close fight, he won, not many fighters are that lucky in the amateurs, Roniel Iglesias seems to lose all his close fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by yngwie View Post
              I'm not saying he robbed anyone, but everytime he got in a close fight, he won, not many fighters are that lucky in the amateurs, Roniel Iglesias seems to lose all his close fights.
              The closest fight I've seen Loma was against Toledo the second time around cause Toledo hurt him with a body shot in the third, still Loma won.

They tried to rob him against Conceicao.

Roniel is the most disrespected elite boxer under AIBA. The easiest on the eye and I think considering all aspects of boxing he is the best on the Cuban team if not in his division. Rabii, Roniel, Yeselinov, you can make a case for all of them but Roniel is just very easy on the eye and a strong puncher too.

Comment

• Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                I think they could let the Yeleussinov-Giyasov fight go on. All they need to do is make it to the second round and then stop it if necessary.
                One of the earlier fights only went a minute into the second round before they stopped it due to a cut and went to a decision. The same could be done here.

I don't mind Giyasov, but it wouldn't look that great if he wins Gold. Especially how fans have been turning on him after being a huge fan favorite.
                Yeleussinov deserves a chance for Gold. He is one of the best, if not the best boxer of these Olympics.
                It was a thunderous butt though, he was dazed. If it had gone on, very good chance he wouldn't be fit for the finals.

Comment

• Damn looks looks like they did this Chinese dude dirty. Anybody saw the whole fight? From the highlights looked like the Chinese dude should atleast had 3 standing 8 counts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw4gRNSYNFA

Comment

• Did the Russians really bribe the officials? I guess they'd be pretty desperate for medals.

Officials from Tishenko-Levit:

Michael Gallagher (Ireland)
                    Armando Carbonell Alavarado (Colombia)
                    Khiera Sidi Yakoub (Algeria)

Comment

• what do you think guys how AIBA has distributed the rest of the gold medals at Rio?

Comment

Working...
                      X