No announcement yet.

Olympic Boxing - Rio 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    Wow, they robbed Lazaro too, unanimous for Conceicao, what a joke!
    No way was that a robbery. So anytime a Cuban loses it is a robbery?
    Alvarez didn't do enough to separate himself against the home fighter.
    The clearest round was round 2 and that was a Conceicao round.

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    1st round for conceicao? wow just wow
    Round 1 was the only one I could see for Alvarez, but Conceicao connected as well.

Comment

• Lázaro Álvarez probably will blame himself for that one, you're fighting the Brazilians at home, just like in WSB when guys are fighting at home the get the benefit of the doubt

I like the way Stevenson fought vs a Brazilian fighter, you have to be aggressive for all 3 and LEAVE NO DOUBT! Unfortunately Alvarez didn't do that so no robbery but 3-0 is a JOKE

Comment

• Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
        No way was that a robbery. So anytime a Cuban loses it is a robbery?
        Alvarez didn't do enough to separate himself against the home fighter.
        The clearest round was round 2 and that was a Conceicao round.

Round 1 was the only one I could see for Alvarez, but Conceicao connected as well.
        No so far 4 times Cubans have lost and 2 have been robberies. I know you're biased against Lazaro so if you didn't see what he did I am not going to convince you otherwise.

Conceicao did nothing but being pushed back and holding on the inside.

Comment

No so far 4 times Cubans have lost and 2 have been robberies. I know you're biased against Lazaro so if you didn't see what he did I am not going to convince you otherwise.

One thing I notice about the Cubans is the lack of Physicality on the inside and the lack of a inside game. Erislandy Savon allowed Levit to push him around and outwork him on the inside which is why I thought he lost. I like that the Refs have not been so quick to break this Olympics and is telling guys to FIGHT OUT

But yeah Conceicao is at home he got the benefit of the doubt, It Happens
          Last edited by sicko; 08-14-2016, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            Conceicao won that..................................
            Brazilians are fighting at home now... the girls from Ipanema finally do their jobs...

Comment

What do you mean I'm biased against Alvarez? I actually defend Alvarez a lot! People always tell me they don't like his style and I always defend Alvarez.
              I actually told another poster that I don't like Conceicao's style, but he did enough to win this fight in my opinion.
              He didn't fight like usually does. He usually tries to play spoiler, but he knew he had to go for it here.

Round 1 was close could have gone either way. The majority will go with Alvarez, but it's not like dominated the round. Conceicao was in it. I think people got too carried away with that little attack Alvarez had in that round.
              Round 2 was a clear round for Conceicao.
              Round 3 A competitive round, but Robson did more in my opinion.

Competitive fight with a clear winner in my opinion. No robbery.
              Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 08-14-2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Once thing I notice about the Cubans is the lack of Physicality on the inside and the lack of a inside game. Erislandy Savon allowed Levit to push him around and outwork him on the inside which is why I thought he lost. I like that the Refs have not been so quick to break this Olympics and is telling guys to FIGHT OUT

But yeah Conceicao is at home he got the benefit of the doubt, It Happens
                What I have noticed is that the judges have been giving sloppy fighters the benefit of the doubt. Gyasov and Conceicao are the sloppiest elite fighters in the tournament. I don't think Robson did anything on the inside, he pretty much held everytime Lazaro was close. He just gives a mean stare a la Cotto. I gave him round 2. He had a better moment in the last 30 seconds of the 3rd round but what happened in the first 2 and a half minutes. Then Lazaro punches him with the cleanest combo and Conceicao falls back to the ropes and the ref breaks the action killing Lazaro's momentum to tell Conceicao not to turn back when he never turned his back. Savon lost rounds 2 and 3. Lazaro lost round 2 and while we're at it Argilagos lost rounds 2 and 3. Conceicao has been getting crazy decisions. Lomachenko knocked him down like 4 times, they didn't rule any of them as knockdowns and then it was a draw, eventually they overturned it thank god. Conceicao is very good don't get me wrong and he's beat Lazaro clear in the Pan Am games but he only won round 2 here.

Comment

• I hope Lazaro defects and turns pros so they can't rob him like today. Conceicao won't last 6 rounds with Lazaro, won't be able to hang on with that pace.

Comment

• Another spoiling fighter from Uzbekistan, that's a clone of Gyiasov, rushes in and grabs.

Comment

• A lot of these guys immediately resorting to holding is the only thing I've been consistently frustrated about in this Olympics. Too many head clashes and cuts caused because of all this nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X