Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland Showdown in Play?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    I seriously think dude gets off on having guys bend over, professionally and in his personal life.
    Lmao!

I'm a Cotto fan so I'm gonna pretend he's straight lol.

But you're right, he's a Diva. He and Mayweather are most likely the reason Canelo turned Diva as well. Those 2 probably irked the sh#t out of him.

Comment

cotto always takes a soft touch after he gets whooped. i bet this will end up being for a world title that way when he wins they say "im still a great fighter"

HAHAHHA

remember when everyone was jumping on cottos nuts before canelo whooped him.

Comment

Originally posted by trainutz View Post
        ****in A all boxing fans are hypocrites, myself included. U hit the nail on the head with that one lol

I cant blame Cotto for doing this fight though. The dude is old and has had a good career. Not legendary by any means but decent. I never criticized Canelo for fighting him either, Canelo was still young and working up a bit. Plus I enjoyed that beat down.

I'm holding out hope, and I believe Canelo will fight GGG next year which is fine. I just hope he does it before GGG's inevitable decline. Fans want it soon and it would be a rare treat for us. I could care less what Cotto does anymore....
        The Cotto story is all about what could have been. The wheels fell off for Cotto there after Margarito I. That he was able to resurrect his career after that on multiple occasions is a monumental achievement, and the way in which he did that is a master class on how to make the most of one's career. I care about what he does because he had such great potential (I think he could have been an all-time great if plaster-gate didn't happen), got screwed, had a lot of turmoil, and now, more than 8 years after Margarito I, is still calling the shots. Come on, people, that is f-in incredible. You don't do that unless you have substance.

Comment

soon after cotto was beaten by Trout, i recall Freddie saying in a article that Cotto shouldnt have fought trout and that boxers give cotto problems stating 'Someone like Kirkland is more ideal for Cotto' as for Kirkland, he shouldnt have a issue taking this fight, as hes only interested in big pay days and a Cotto fight definatly offers that. Entertaining fight though... Cotto late stoppage if it comes off...

Comment

Originally posted by trainutz View Post
            Lmao!

I'm a Cotto fan so I'm gonna pretend he's straight lol.

But you're right, he's a Diva. He and Mayweather are most likely the reason Canelo turned Diva as well. Those 2 probably irked the sh#t out of him.
            Victim becomes the abuser. Happened to Floyd and Cotto too.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
              The term "catchweight king" was created for Pacquiao, similar to how the term "P4P" was created for Ray Robinson. Canelo gets busted on for the 155 thing. But Cotto has taken this **** to a whole nother level. He did the 153 catchweight in the Margarito rematch. He's supposedly asking for it now with Kirkland. He asked for 159 with Martinez. None of them served a legitimate purpose, outside of mere diva demands. I seriously think dude gets off on having guys bend over, professionally and in his personal life.
              Well said.

Comment

Good fight....

Comment

I'm happy that a lot of fans here are recognizing the monumental achievement of Cotto's multiple comebacks after Margarito's plaster.

Indeed, Cotto would have likely been one of the best of all time had that crime not happened.

Boxing's landscape would've been completely different, because I believe a prime Cotto would've KO-ed Floyd.

Oh well.

Comment

Eh - it's a good fight. Cotto is old and small. He don't need to be fighting these young killers. He just went up against a prime Canelo who outweighed him by 20lbs and Cotto held his own and made it a close fight. Nothing left to prove.

I don't know why everyone gets a hard-on asking these old vets to fight these young killers. They can chart their own career, not piggyback off of a HoF fighter.

Like the dudes who want Cotto to fight Charlos or Andrade...what benefit is that? Fighting guys younger, bigger and stronger with no names.

Just fight a guy at or around the same size who'll come to fight for a few rounds and then go home. I hope Cotto retires after his next fight and call it a day.

The longer you keep fighting, eventually you'll be another vet who stayed in the game way to long and will get forcibly retired. Ain't none of us fans gonna be there sending these old ass vets money for medical bills. At this point in a fighter's career - get a soft pay day or two and retire.

Cotto needs to fight: Maidana, Matthyse, Kirkland and even Bradley.

Comment

I love this fight just hope they reconsider putting it on PPV.

Comment

Working...
                      X