Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the "Mexican style" run it's course?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the "Mexican style" run it's course?

Now don't get me wrong, to those of us who love the sweet science, that was a good pub brawl we saw tonight . But I look at Santa-Cruz with his height and reach advantages and just shake my head at the tactics he employed. The bottom line is this brawling style only gets you so far and reduces your shelf life with each war you partake in. A good technician would have kept Carl at range with a stiff jab and countered him when he lunges in, which he does frequently.

We all like to see blood and thunder, I get it, but the more this sport moves forward the more apparent it becomes that the so called "boring runners" are the smartest mother f#ckers in the game, full stop.

I want to see fights where both guys run from each other.

Two runners in the ballet that is boxing.

Comment

Yes, black is beautiful! I Africa.

Comment

NO, not like Leo got whipped and looked over matched or anything like that, I do think fans influenced the judges, this fight looks different on the West Coast at Staples Center with a Pro Leo Crowd. The fight was Extremely close even though 2 Judges had it a bit wide for Frampton

Style is not why Leo lost this one

Comment

The Mexican style is entertaining and it has its place. It is very entertaining. It works well when it features a Mexican style boxer is matched up against a boxer who is not very skilled. However, when a boxer with the Mexican style fights a highly skilled boxer, the Mexican style will always come up short.

Comment

Originally posted by Brujeria View Post
            Yes, black is beautiful! I Africa.
            didnt realize frampton was from africa.........interesting

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
                Now don't get me wrong, to those of us who love the sweet science, that was a good pub brawl we saw tonight . But I look at Santa-Cruz with his height and reach advantages and just shake my head at the tactics he employed. The bottom line is this brawling style only gets you so far and reduces your shelf life with each war you partake in. A good technician would have kept Carl at range with a stiff jab and countered him when he lunges in, which he does frequently.

We all like to see blood and thunder, I get it, but the more this sport moves forward the more apparent it becomes that the so called "boring runners" are the smartest mother f#ckers in the game, full stop.
                Mexican style is the reason why boxing is alive today. NOBODY wants to see any runners & huggers in the ring. Fact

Comment

Mexican style is what makes boxing exciting.

Mexican style means balls = fighters who fight with balls is the reason boxing is alive.

A bunch of safety first fighters will kill the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                    Mexican style is what makes boxing exciting.

Mexican style means balls = fighters who fight with balls is the reason boxing is alive.

A bunch of safety first fighters will kill the sport.
                    The Legend has arrived! Green K! I bow down to you, Sir Boss.

Comment

Working...
                    X