Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the "Mexican style" run it's course?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    If this isn't a bait thread then you're more of an idiot than I suspected.

"Mexican style" is just a term, essentially means being a warrior in the ring, it isn't literally a style of fighting you dolt. Plus, LSC isn't that great of a fighter, comes forward with his high volume of arm punching without much of anything else. Not the best example to use.
    It IS a style of fighting you thick pr/ck. No-one describes JMM's style as "Mexican style" even though he is a Mexican and showed plenty of heart and warrior spirit. But they would describe Barrera and Morales as Mexican style simply because they were come forward, pressure fighters in the main...so go do your research before chatting such rubbish fool .

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
      Er you said "mexican style saves boxing" and yet the man who makes the most money and pulls in the most viewers DOESN'T employ that style...therefore your statement was bullsh/t!!...that's what I'm saying .
      Canelo doesn't employ that style? LOL. Canelo is a brawler and a 'slick fighter.' He brings out the Mexican Style all the time when mothafahkers want to trade leather. The dude can easily pull both styles in one night and yet he'll make it exciting.

If that wasn't the case, he'd be another Lara, Rigo, or Ward. No fanbase and no dinero.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
        It IS a style of fighting you thick pr/ck. No-one describes JMM's style as "Mexican style" even though he is a Mexican and showed plenty of heart and warrior spirit. But they would describe Barrera and Morales as Mexican style simply because they were come forward, pressure fighters in the main...so go do your research before chatting such rubbish fool .
        It's a phrase people use, that's it, it's not a technical term.

You will call a swarmer and a brawler/slugger "Mexican Style" even though they are different styles of fighting. Basically you're calling anyone who comes forward and isn't a boxer or a boxer-puncher "Mexican Style".

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 97K PPVs View Post
          Canelo doesn't employ that style? LOL. Canelo is a brawler and a 'slick fighter.'
          Canelo isn't a brawler. Not sure how anyone could make that claim.

Comment

Canelo isn't a brawler. Not sure how anyone could make that claim.
            Only when he needs to be -he will bring the Mexican Style when he has to. That's what I'm trying to say. That;s what I like about him -- he can adjust. Something that LSC should have done tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 97K PPVs View Post
              Only when he needs to be -he will bring the Mexican Style when he has to. That's what I'm trying to say. That;s what I like about him -- he can adjust. Something that LSC should have done tonight.
              He can be more aggressive at times but he's a boxer-puncher who really is most comfortable counter punching. Definitely far more sound of a fighter than LSC, but totally different styles. Canelo's style of fighting is one of the reasons I want him to fight Golovkin so bad- it's a perfect match up that will guarantee excitement and high drama.

Comment

Mexican style runs boxing yes there are exceptions like floyd but ***** even floyd embraced the Mexican public.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                  The Mexican style is entertaining and it has its place. It is very entertaining. It works well when it features a Mexican style boxer is matched up against a boxer who is not very skilled. However, when a boxer with the Mexican style fights a highly skilled boxer, the Mexican style will always come up short.
                  Shut up, idiot. The Mexican style really is fight more offensive, not matter the style.

Lopez, Marquez, Sanchez, Chavez, Barrera, Morales, they were exciting fighters but they were skillful fighters too.

Santa Cruz is a brawler with a little of skills.

And this fight was a draw.

Comment

I thought he was beating Frampton in 0 distance. Should have brawled all the way, pressing in.
                    Maidana has a smart Mexican style infact, vs Morrales you see.
                    Last edited by DinoCop; 07-31-2016, 02:40 AM.

Comment

It's a phrase people use, that's it, it's not a technical term.

You will call a swarmer and a brawler/slugger "Mexican Style" even though they are different styles of fighting. Basically you're calling anyone who comes forward and isn't a boxer or a boxer-puncher "Mexican Style".
                      No no-one said anything about a "swarmer"..I was talking about front foot heavy, come forward fighters who usually throw an accumulation of punches. To me, that is the definition of "Mexican style". And that's exactly what Santa-Cruz was doing last night hence the title of this thread...nothing to do with "race baiting".

Comment

Working...
                      X