No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson With Vicious Knockout of Williams in Four

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
    As for the offer Kov made to Beterbiev, it should be put in context. Beterbiev was one fight away from becoming Kov's mandatory. Then Beterbiev (and Haymon) could outbid Duva and Kovavlev and force Krusher to fight on Showtime. In which case, it seems Kov would vacate because he has repeatedly made it clear he will only fight on HBO no matter what. So yes, Kov made an offer to Beterbiev but that was because of his love affair with hbo. Remember he was Stevenson's mandatory and walked out of the purse bid. He was about to do the same with Beterbiev! Now, Duva has Krusher in one of the best fights in a while, but one where he will lose. But at least it will be on hbo. lol
    You still buying that PBC bullisht. Beterbiev's team said they would fight Kovalev, then when the offer came, they declined. They're full of it. And now you're defending this because you're saying they had a plan to get Kovalev's belt without having to fight him because they knew he couldn't fight off HBO? What kind of weak ***** is that? You're supposed to be a boxing fan, but you're defending a strategy designed to keep you from seeing this great fight? No wonder boxing treats its fans like *****! Apparently its fans will just talk about what great strategy it is for boxing to treat its fans like ****, rather than actually sticking up for themselves and criticizing boxing for screwing over its customers.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
      kov went the distance with a 50 year old B Hop
      went to war with pascal who lost to Gonzales after then they did an unnecessary rematch which pascal didnt deserve
      then fought a "supposedly" overmatched chilemba and i had chilemba winning more rounds 7-5 but the kd saved kov and chilembas JAB was the X factor in the fight which he controlled kov and those right hooks to the body were wearing out kov and kov was gassed in the 8th rd onward

with the most recent performances i seen, i see Stevenson KO'ing kov based off of recent performances but kov is a more two handed fighter with a decent jab but a damn good right hand BUT i believe Stevensons LEFT hand is more powerful than kovs right hand and IF kov were to throw that right hand then Stevenson will throw that Left OVER that right and it wont bode well.
      Kathy Duva ran from her own purse bid for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
        Stevenson sure is fun to watch! Would obviously love to see Superman-Krusher, but that will probably never happen now. SOG will beat Krusher by UD. Then we will see if Jay-z can put his wife's beef with Haymon on ice and make some great fights. It will be better when Ward wins anyway, because we all know Kovavlev will only fight on HBO even if Showtime offered twice as much money. But another big reason Krusher won't face Stevenson is he doesn't want to be part of this VADA testing mandated by the WBC. Russia is exposed as feeding all their athletes every ped known to man, and the first fight after that Kovavlev looks weaker than ever before. Coincidence???
        co-sign mane

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
          Neither his team or himself are really to blame. Sulaiman explained this already but people around here tend to ignore those articles when they come out because it destroys the narrative that they want to spread across the fanbase.

Sulaiman explained that the wbc cleared Stevenson's schedule (did not impose any mandatories on him) in order to clear Stevenson's schedule so that there are no obstacles to the Kovalev fight.

Initially they made Kovalev the mandatory so that the fight can be made but we all know who ducked the purse bid when that happened.

After that incident, the wbc still kept the mandatory spot vacant after Kovalev vacated so Stevenson (the WBC's champ) can be available whenever the fight was ready to be made.

However, after close to or over two years and the fight seemingly getting further and further away from happening, the wbc had a title eliminator sanctioned for Alvarez and Chilemba, which lead to Alvarez becoming Stevenson's mandatory.

However like I said, folks around here ran from that article like the plague and you will never hear em saying anything about the wbc prez Sulaiman's explanation. They rather pretend it never happened.
          sho u right mane

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Fonfara and Bika can punch....unlike Chilemba and damn everybody else on Kovalev's resume.
            Neither of them is a puncher at LHW. But there you go again with your reading problems: we were talking going the distance with underdogs and both Fonfara and LHW Bika are a lot more vulnerable than Chilemba

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              Chilemba lost to Tony Bellew...a guy Stevenson destroyed.
              Chilemba arguably won the the first Bellew fight and I had him beat Alvarez.

Comment

• The point is Stevenson wants to make the fight. Last time I checked it was Kov who pulled out of the purse bid for a fight with Superman. I would much rather see Stevenson-Kovavlev than Kovavlev-Beterbiev. Also, I didn't defend this at all, I simply said exactly what happened. Don't hate the messenger just because you don't like the message. Yes, I would have preferred Beterbiev to take the fight. But I really would prefer Krusher step up and fight Stevenson. I'm not defending Stevenson for pulling out of an unofficial agreement, I'm not defending Kovavlev pulling out of a purse bid his promoter wanted, I'm not defending Stevenson wanting the most money a network will pay him for a fight with Krusher, I'm not defending Krusher refusing to fight Stevenson for the most money he can make, I'm not defending Beterbiev refusing to fight on Krusher's terms, and I'm not defending Kovavlev willing to vacate his title before facing Beterbiev on Showtime. I'm simply laying out the facts. Krusher knew he was going to have to fight Beterbiev on Beterbiev's terms and that is the sole reason he made an offer. As a boxing fan, Kovavlev-Stevenson is the fight I want to see and I want to see it on free network t.v. so millions others can watch and boxing can gain a few more fans. Truth is Kov, Stevenson, and Ward have not been in any interesting fight for years. While I'm not defending Beterbiev, I'm also not defending Krusher refusing to fight these top dogs in his own division just because Duva has a love affair going with hbo. As a boxing fan, you should be calling out Kovavlev to fight the best in his division which is Stevenson.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  I think people are impressed with Adonis' ability to fight on the inside, while we haven't yet seen Kovalev fighting on the inside.
                  He's done it before against a better opponent, though. Why be impressed by it here?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    He's done it before against a better opponent, though. Why be impressed by it here?
                    It's also Adonis' inactivity making the heart grow fonder, similar to Rigo. He was really left-hand happy in the first round, and I'm shocked at how slow he looked. It's great he got the win, but he looked a bit too vulnerable.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                      alvarez is no better than chilemba and people shat on him as a kovalev opponent

it's not really good enough if that's suppoed to be stevenson's big fight

yvon michel needs to stop messing around and make stevenson-beterbiev ASAP
                      As I said in another post, Alvarez is a good boxer, not a Champ material made boxer... Always kind of dull to watch against anyone... Not that he doesn't try to go for it, but he just doesn't have what it takes... So he will be in the top 10 forever, will a have some politic shots a some title, might even get one given the stars are aligned, but will always be a Top 10 worthy boxer... That said he earned his shot at the title fair and square, and GYM will make it happen because it's not a big threat...

As for Beterbiev, they made his path crystal clear last
                      year... GYM wanted him to get the WBO mando spot, and then wait until Kovalev had no choice but to fight him. Get some warm ups meanwhile and up his value for the broadcasters... Mission accomplished in that regard and something that didn't happen last night for Alvarez.

Now that Stevenson is unlikely to fight Kovalev mainly because of Politics, GYM isn't opposed to a WBC title shot for Beterbiev early next year...

Stevenson vs Beterbiev would be a better deal for GYM if Beterbiev goes through Kovalev first. Then he can unify the Belts in a farewell fight for Superman...
                      Last edited by Superbee; 07-30-2016, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X