Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pac beats Crawford....do you place him above May in the TBE race?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    Why would it be? Crawford is not a better, more accomplished fighter than Tim Bradley yet. Bradley was also a 2 division title holder and has a superior resume to that of Crawford.
    Because Crawford is "the" man right now....and the man who beats the man becomes the man no?

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      But what you fail terribly to comprehend is because that injury happen It gave the opposing side an advantage to win. Almost a sure win.

Sort of like a one legged man in a ass kicking contest. It just has to be fair for both fighters.

You cant dismiss a controversy win or loss for any fighter due to a injury that happen due to no fault of either fighter. In which led to one fighters decline in performance. How can you not understand that lol?
      Speaking of a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.....simple question for you.

Do you give Pacquiao credit for defeating Bradley in their 2nd fight? Was that not a controversial fight, according to your statements? That's all I want to know.

Here are the facts:
      Timothy Bradley is aiming for a winter return to the ring once he has come through his rehabilitation after suffering a severe calf injury in his last bout.

The former WBO welterweight champion tore his calf in two places during the rematch with Manny Pacquiao, which saw him lose his world title in April.

http://www.givemesport.com/484039-ti...ry-in-december

Was it a controversial win, or do you give Pacquiao full credit?

Comment

• Comment

• 49-0 and you are mad!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            in a Best Ever List, i cant put a guy with NO prime hall of famers on his resume over PAC

sorry
            Haven't posted here in months, but here it goes.

What PRIME HOF'er do Pac have on his resume??

1. Oscar was old, he was supposedly old during the May Vs Delahoya fight, which was before Pac fought him.

2. Mosley was old during the May fight, which once again took place after Mayweather had fought Mosley

3. Morales was already out of prime, and leaving around the 2nd fight when Pac finally beat him.

4. Marquez supposedly beat him 3-4 out of the times they fought. And he came back to KO Pac 3 years after Mayweather danced around Marquez.

Barrera,Marquez,Cotto is the ONLY PRIME HOF fighter I can think of on Pacs resume. And i'm kinda skittish on Barrera.

Unless you consider, Bradley, Margarito and Clottey HOF fighters.
            Last edited by SergioMartinez; 08-02-2016, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by b0x
              Called unbiased and talks that nonsense. I was rooting for Pac on the night and he got schooled/froze up/shoulder injured whatever. No long time boxing fan had any doubts about who won that fight. Anyone claiming otherwise is looking for attention or is a heart-broken casual.

To be fair. Pac was shot and that fight was well past his prime and a most pressure fihjters primes. It seems odd floyd waited pac out till after jmm iced him cold and floyd took an illegal iv after pointing fingers at pac for cheating.

Comment

• Originally posted by SergioMartinez View Post
                Haven't posted here in months, but here it goes.

What PRIME HOF'er do Pac have on his resume??

1. Oscar was old, he was supposedly old during the May Vs Delahoya fight, which was before Pac fought him.

2. Mosley was old during the May fight, which once again took place after Mayweather had fought Mosley

3. Morales was already out of prime, and leaving around the 2nd fight when Pac finally beat him.

4. Marquez supposedly beat him 3-4 out of the times they fought. And he came back to KO Pac 3 years after Mayweather danced around Marquez.

Barrera,Marquez,Cotto is the ONLY PRIME HOF fighter I can think of on Pacs resume. And i'm kinda skittish on Barrera.

Unless you consider, Bradley, Margarito and Clottey HOF fighters.
                I rate Junior Jones above Mayweather. He has a win over a prime Barrera.

Comment

How on earth can you teach anything when you cant even grasp the concept of the real meaning behind the true definition of controversy?

Obviously you dint read my post. Fighter get injured...no shlt. Been in the ring 77 times myself. I know all about injuries. Sometimes a fighter wins a fight due to another fighter sustaining a injury. Yes it happens. You can now stop over looking the reality of the situation and trying to avoid it with "injuries happen" No shlt they happen.
                  But what you fail terribly to comprehend is because that injury happen It gave the opposing side an advantage to win. Almost a sure win. In which this is why we have weight classes in Boxing. HWs shouldnt be fighting FWs They try to get it as evenly matched as possible by controlling the weight. Sort of like a one legged man in a ass kicking contest. It just has to be fair for both fighters. although these injuries that happen are brought on by th opposing side due to a punch...thats a different story. Thats in the rule book. Dont know if you ever read that or not but it is.
                  You cant dismiss a controversy win or loss for any fighter due to a injury that happen due to no fault of either fighter. In which led to one fighters decline in performance. How can you not understand that lol?

How about Danny Garcia vs Lucas Matthysse. i picked Lucas to win. I thought the fight was going good and Lucas was giving Danny hell for a little while....Until a Punch opened up a nasty cut on Lucas and it changed the course of the fight... No controversy there.

Mikey Garcia Orlando Salido...Mikey got his nose broke due to a accidental headbutt. It went to the score cards after the 8th round. They quit. They took the easy rd IMO. Some say It was bullshlt that You dont quit in Boxing. Some say they Understand that they were protecting the fighter. Can you see controversy yet? Wether you choose to or not the controversy is there. Salido was coming on strong and Garcia stood a chance to get fuked up as the later rounds came on. Because he was fighting injured. This can go so many ways...No need to get into that topic....bottom line is there is controversy in the stoppage and the outcome of the fight was hindered by a injury not brought on by a punch and in such changed the outcome of the fight nd or what could have been. Controversy!!!!
                  again, my view that an ideal situation is not always the reality have fully addressed the points you raised on your long reply...

like, and i quote;

"injuries happen" No shlt they happen.
                  But what you fail terribly to comprehend is because that injury happen It gave the opposing side an advantage to win. Almost a sure win."

i am fully aware an injury to a fighter could tip the balance to the other fighter's favor....i don't need to be in the ring 77 times to know that....but surely as you do accept injury or **** happens in boxing you have a very difficult time accepting the end result....which is reality....

yes, injury is a b*tch; that cast doubts or questions on the fight outcome....

on the above, i say the win is diminished...and even say, the result could be subject to debates or disputations.....

but stepping back a little, the win is still a win....valid and legal....that's another reality....

yes, you can have debates or disputations on what might have been IF no injury happened.....or even demand a rematch.....

a rematch is ok when warranted; by demands of the fans satisfied with a very close fight and clamoring for more, unfinished business because of an "inconclusive" fight (like a win diminished by an injury to the other fighter).....

but hey, you have not answered my questions:

"and who could guarantee that no injury will happen in the rematch? or at the trilogy?

could you guarantee that?........

Comment

How on earth can you teach anything when you cant even grasp the concept of the real meaning behind the true definition of controversy?

Obviously you dint read my post. Fighter get injured...no shlt. Been in the ring 77 times myself. I know all about injuries. Sometimes a fighter wins a fight due to another fighter sustaining a injury. Yes it happens. You can now stop over looking the reality of the situation and trying to avoid it with "injuries happen" No shlt they happen.
                    But what you fail terribly to comprehend is because that injury happen It gave the opposing side an advantage to win. Almost a sure win. In which this is why we have weight classes in Boxing. HWs shouldnt be fighting FWs They try to get it as evenly matched as possible by controlling the weight. Sort of like a one legged man in a ass kicking contest. It just has to be fair for both fighters. although these injuries that happen are brought on by th opposing side due to a punch...thats a different story. Thats in the rule book. Dont know if you ever read that or not but it is.

How about Danny Garcia vs Lucas Matthysse. i picked Lucas to win. I thought the fight was going good and Lucas was giving Danny hell for a little while....Until a Punch opened up a nasty cut on Lucas and it changed the course of the fight... No controversy there.

Mikey Garcia Orlando Salido...Mikey got his nose broke due to a accidental headbutt. It went to the score cards after the 8th round. They quit. They took the easy rd IMO. Some say It was bullshlt that You dont quit in Boxing. Some say they Understand that they were protecting the fighter. Can you see controversy yet? Wether you choose to or not the controversy is there. Salido was coming on strong and Garcia stood a chance to get fuked up as the later rounds came on. Because he was fighting injured. This can go so many ways...No need to get into that topic....bottom line is there is controversy in the stoppage and the outcome of the fight was hindered by a injury not brought on by a punch and in such changed the outcome of the fight nd or what could have been. Controversy!!!!
                    oh, i have to get your answer on this one, too....

"and on what ifs......YUP...the definition of controversy"

what if is a suppositional question; question that asks someone to imagine what might happen or what might have happened. It is used to expand on an item under discussion...to discuss/explore possibilities.....but it does not readily relates to controversies...

the thread topic itself "If Pac beats Crawford....do you place him above May in the TBE race?" is a suppositional question anchored on "If Pac beats Crawford.." a what if classic example....because pac vs crawford is still on the drawing board...

would you attach controversy on the above?

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                      Why would it be? Crawford is not a better, more accomplished fighter than Tim Bradley yet. Bradley was also a 2 division title holder and has a superior resume to that of Crawford.
                      Crawford is clearly better than Tim Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                      X