Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Gennady Golovkin in Beast Mode For Kell Brook Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fantasy5021 View Post
    Honestly everyone knows Brook stands no chance. i dont see this fight going past 5 and if it does GGG will probably be playing with him and KO him in the later rounds. GGG should just move up in weight (though everyone wants to see him and Canelo fight) and create his own legacy. Fight Degale, Badou Jack, Ramirez, the Dirrells, Abraham and Bute... ALL WINNABLE FIGHTS!!! This Brook fight is pointless just like Canelo VS Smith.
    Brook Beat Porter - he should be fighting Thurman, Garcia, Bradley and even pacman.
    Those fights ARE all winnable... I think most of those guys won't be wanting to fight him... We'll see... DeGale will probably set the tone for how the SMWs avoid him. But he's not a big MW, he would have no reason to move up really if he could get the fights, his rear end didn't outgrow his division which is why most guys move up. He'll be moving up when he does for the same reason Duran and Leonard and poor Tommy Hearns (see Hagler fight for why I said poor Tommy... moved up and got knocked out just like Amir Khan) ... to make money from a new division.

Comment

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
      absolute beast, enjoy GGG whilst hes around (instead of hating) because hes 34 and wont be boxing forever
      I want to!! Believe me, I WANT TO!!!

Comment

GGG always stays in good shape which is why he doesn't move up is hard for him as he doesn't walk around at 30 pounds more than MW. If he can consistently stay in shape, I can see him ruling MW for 5 more years. He doesn't have to screw his body up before every fight which means his boxing skills is the only thing he hones everyday. More Boxers should take this approach and rather than be a sissy with weights to gain that extra 3 lbs by hydrating, they should actually try to learn how to box. The lack of skill in modern boxing is downright shameful.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
          Beat me to the punch.

It's actually pretty embarrassing that a small WW will be the mw champs best opposition so far.
          Yes!!! Yes it is!!! It's embarrassing that no MW wants to fight him. It's embarrassing to see guys like you squirm around looking for a way to put him down, acting like HE wanted the Brook fight and not the other way around after Eubank Jr wasted his time when GGG had ALREADY SIGNED... and everyone was putting him down for taking THAT fight, saying it was ok but not what they wanted.

It's embarrassing that Canelo said what he said, called him into the ring even, and then handed the belt over... a lot less bruises all over Gingerboy doing it that way.

It's embarrassing how Andre Ward, America's so called hero, found out he signed and then sent him a contract immediately after, which still called for tuneups for AW for a couple years and then MAYBE a fight with GGG... but we've all seen what happens to promises of fighting him in the future, they go the way of the Canelo "fight" and the Eubank Jr "fight".

Comment

Originally posted by animelive View Post
            GGG always stays in good shape which is why he doesn't move up is hard for him as he doesn't walk around at 30 pounds more than MW. If he can consistently stay in shape, I can see him ruling MW for 5 more years. He doesn't have to screw his body up before every fight which means his boxing skills is the only thing he hones everyday. More Boxers should take this approach and rather than be a sissy with weights to gain that extra 3 lbs by hydrating, they should actually try to learn how to box. The lack of skill in modern boxing is downright shameful.
            This right here... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by animelive View Post
              Yep..more fighters should follow the GGG method.

Stay in the amateurs forever....then...turn pro,and squat in a dead division.

Sounds like a plan.

Comment

I wonder if this fight is designed specifically to build his brand in the UK so they can accommodate Saunders purse demands? Eubanks an idiot, he lost all credibility and has a tough job ahead to rebuild his reputation as a fighter to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                  I wonder if this fight is designed specifically to build his brand in the UK so they can accommodate Saunders purse demands? Eubanks an idiot, he lost all credibility and has a tough job ahead to rebuild his reputation as a fighter to be taken seriously.
                  Eubank didn't lose as much cred as the guy fighting a damn WW.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    Eubank didn't lose as much cred as the guy fighting a damn WW.
                    I disagree, I feel at this stage with so many boxers ducking GGG a fighter like Brook only gains respect, while boxing fans are starting to sympathise with GGG's lack of ability to get boxers to actually get in the ring with him. I.e. Eubank, Saunders Canelo etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      Golovkin signed to fight Chris Eubank Jnr, who is a top 10 ranked MW, on this show. He is fighting Kell Brook instead because Eddie Hearn, who is Kell's promoter, brought him in as a replacement when Eubank wouldn't sign the contract.
                      LOLZ.... Yeah Eddie Hearn forced Golovkin to fight Brook

Comment

Working...
                      X