Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley Warns: Crawford Can Win, But Pacquiao is NO Postol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously Manny brings more to the table then Postol. If they fight, I just hope that all the people that are picking Manny to demolish TC give TC complete credit if he wins.

Experience tells me they will not.

Comment

crawford would get REKT by pacquiao, which is still a couple legacies above

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Luthor View Post
        Simple facts:

Crawford opponents landed just 7.5 total punches per round (wgt. class avg.: 17.3) and 5.4 power shots per round (wgt. class avg.: 12.5). Yes Crawford's defensive numbers are better than Manny's. Crawford gets hit less than Pacquiao.

No one believes Manny has the best footwork in boxing. That's laughable.

Manny's speed and power?? When was the last time Manny's speed and power stopped an opponent? Answer....2012, that was 11 fights ago.

Crawford's abilities are obvious. Just ask Manny's trainer Freddie Roach...
        "I don't think we are going to accept or want the Crawford fight for Manny straight away.

"We will take it in the future, give me one warm-up fight and a fight right after that and then we can talk.

"It will be a tough match-up as Crawford can move for 12 rounds and is a pretty good puncher. He hits hard and emulates Floyd Mayweather Jr quite a bit in his style - he's like a younger version."

Of course Manny has a chance, he's an excellent boxer. You may want this fight but apparently Roach doesn't.

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to blindly loyal.
        Most of you seem to have amnesia about Manny Pacquaio's body of work either because you hate him or you are a Floyd fan and have drank that Floyd kool aid for too long. This is off topic, but let me throw this in there, historically and pound for pound all time, Manny will rank ahead of Floyd for a host of reasons that I don't even want to go into. If you know boxing, you would already know some of those reasons.

Now back to the topic at hand, I happen to be a Bud Crawford fan, I like him a lot and he seem to have the goods and he would seem to have the tools to beat anyone right now at 140 maybe even welterweight. The operative word there is "seem". I like his progression and I think he should continue down that path. Manny Pacquaio even at this point may just be a step too soon for him. Manny is no Postol, Lundy, Gamboa or Dulormme. Tim Bradley happens to be very close to Crawford but if you closely read into his comments about that fight, he is indirectly saying that Bud is not ready for Pac at this stage especially if the Pac that fought him showed up.

Though am Bud fan, I happen to feel the exact same way. Directly from Bud's mouth, "My toughest fight to date was against Gamboa." Manny is only a much better version of Gamboa with much speed, power, footwork, experience and whatever else you want to throw in there and oh he happens to, however you look at it, be the best 1 or 2 fighter of his era. His speed and his herky, jerky rhythm and in and out movement will befuddle will befuddle Bud a lot. On the other hand, I agree Bud might try to time him, but Manny would be coming in more cautiously with full arsenal and not a pawing jab and when Bud is unable to time him, Bud will get emboldened and do what he does which is try to trade and boy oh boy, that would be the wrong move. let's not forget he fights a bit more cautiously than before.

Now am prefacing all of this assuming the Pac that fought Bradley last time shows up 'cos that was the best he has looked in a long time and he was exceptional in that fight. Good fight either way, but I see Manny winning a clear unanimous decision unless he got old overnight.

Comment

pacquiao is not and NEVER was on the level of a fighter like Crawford
          he and his resume is overrated and i will ALWAYS say that he was JUICING

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
            Most of you seem to have amnesia about Manny Pacquaio's body of work either because you hate him or you are a Floyd fan and have drank that Floyd kool aid for too long. This is off topic, but let me throw this in there, historically and pound for pound all time, Manny will rank ahead of Floyd for a host of reasons that I don't even want to go into. If you know boxing, you would already know some of those reasons.

Now back to the topic at hand, I happen to be a Bud Crawford fan, I like him a lot and he seem to have the goods and he would seem to have the tools to beat anyone right now at 140 maybe even welterweight. The operative word there is "seem". I like his progression and I think he should continue down that path. Manny Pacquaio even at this point may just be a step too soon for him. Manny is no Postol, Lundy, Gamboa or Dulormme. Tim Bradley happens to be very close to Crawford but if you closely read into his comments about that fight, he is indirectly saying that Bud is not ready for Pac at this stage especially if the Pac that fought him showed up.

Though am Bud fan, I happen to feel the exact same way. Directly from Bud's mouth, "My toughest fight to date was against Gamboa." Manny is only a much better version of Gamboa with much speed, power, footwork, experience and whatever else you want to throw in there and oh he happens to, however you look at it, be the best 1 or 2 fighter of his era. His speed and his herky, jerky rhythm and in and out movement will befuddle will befuddle Bud a lot. On the other hand, I agree Bud might try to time him, but Manny would be coming in more cautiously with full arsenal and not a pawing jab and when Bud is unable to time him, Bud will get emboldened and do what he does which is try to trade and boy oh boy, that would be the wrong move. let's not forget he fights a bit more cautiously than before.

Now am prefacing all of this assuming the Pac that fought Bradley last time shows up 'cos that was the best he has looked in a long time and he was exceptional in that fight. Good fight either way, but I see Manny winning a clear unanimous decision unless he got old overnight.
            It's your opinion that Manny ranks higher than Floyd historically in P4P rankings but the facts do not support you. Mayweather entered the P4P rankings in 1998, Pacquiao in 2003. Which obviously means Mayweather was P4P five years before Pacquiao. Mayweather is a 7 time P4P #1 (2005, '06, '07 and 2012, '13, '14' and '15) compared to pacquiao's 4 times (2008, '09, '10, '11). So even when you take the approximate 2 years of Mayweather's "retirement" in 2008, Mayweather has still been Top 10 P4P for 3 more years than Pacquiao...16 yrs to 13 yrs.

Bradley never was and never will be as good as Crawford. Furthermore, Pacquiao could not fight Crawford like he has Bradley. Crawford has the ability to switch stances excellently....Bradley does not. Crawford was superior defensive skills....Bradley does not. Crawford has superior ring I.Q. and ring generalship....Bradley is above average. Crawford's movement is superior to Bradley's. Crawford's power is superior to Bradley's....Crawford has already stopped 3 of his 4 Jr Welterweight title fight opponents while Bradley only managed to stop 1 Jr Welterweight opponent in 9 Jr Welterweight fights.

The same Manny that has showed up against Bradley 3 times could show up against Crawford but unfortunately, Crawford is not Bradley. Pacquiao is an icon but he struggles against boxers with excellent counter-punching skills. Not only does Crawford have that, he also has excellent speed, movement, defense and power. If they meet, I predict Crawford would win in a UD.
            Last edited by Mr. Luthor; 07-27-2016, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Luthor View Post
              It's your opinion that Manny ranks higher than Floyd historically in P4P rankings but the facts do not support you. Mayweather entered the P4P rankings in 1998, Pacquiao in 2003. Which obviously means Mayweather was P4P five years before Pacquiao. Mayweather is a 7 time P4P #1 (2005, '06, '07 and 2012, '13, '14' and '15) compared to pacquiao's 4 times (2008, '09, '10, '11). So even when you take the approximate 2 years of Mayweather's "retirement" in 2008, Mayweather has still been Top 10 P4P for 3 more years than Pacquiao...16 yrs to 13 yrs.

Bradley never was and never will be as good as Crawford. Furthermore, Pacquiao could not fight Crawford like he has Bradley. Crawford has the ability to switch stances excellently....Bradley does not. Crawford was superior defensive skills....Bradley does not. Crawford has superior ring I.Q. and ring generalship....Bradley is above average. Crawford's movement is superior to Bradley's. Crawford's power is superior to Bradley's....Crawford has already stopped 3 of his 4 Jr Welterweight title fight opponents while Bradley only managed to stop 1 Jr Welterweight opponent in 9 Jr Welterweight fights.

The same Manny that has showed up against Bradley 3 times could show up against Crawford but unfortunately, Crawford is not Bradley. Pacquiao is an icon but he struggles against boxers with excellent counter-punching skills. Not only does Crawford have that, he also has excellent speed, movement, defense and power. If they meet, I predict Crawford would win in a UD.
              I guess we are just going to agree to disagree buddy. I said historical pound for pound not just pound for pound in the 80's, 90's, 2000 or whatever. Again like I said I can lay out all the criteria for it but this just isn't the time and place.

As Bud beating Pac, it could happen, I never said he couldn't. But the way, did I say I was high on Bud? Am sure I did. But I gave all the reasons why Pac IMO might be too much for him and all you did was switch Bradley with Crawford and compare Bradley's accomplishment and attributes to Crawford as oppose to the guy we are talking about, which is shortsighted in my opinion. You talk about what Pac struggles with but forgot to mention what Bud struggles with or what those boxers have that Bud doesn't or that those boxers also struggle with Manny as well or that Pac actually have beaten some of those boxers as well. Listen, we can go on and on about this, the fact is we feel differently about how the fight will play out. Why don't we just sit back and wait till the fight is announced and we can have more discussion about this or even a friendly wager. I 'll save your post.
              Last edited by whirlout; 07-27-2016, 01:28 PM.

Comment

..The only way to beat Manny is to take supplements, stay away from him or knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
                  I guess we are just going to agree to disagree buddy. I said historical pound for pound not just pound for pound in the 80's, 90's, 2000 or whatever. Again like I said I can lay out all the criteria for it but this just isn't the time and place.

As Bud beating Pac, it could happen, I never said he couldn't by the way, did I say I was high on Bud. Am sure I did. But I gave all the reasons why Pac IMO might be too much for him and all you did was switch Bradley with Crawford and compare Bradley's accomplishment and attributes to Crawford as oppose to the guy we are talking about, which is shortsighted in my opinion. You talk about what Pac struggles with but forgot to mention what Bud struggles with or rather what those boxers have that Bud doesn't or that Manny actually have beaten those boxers as well. Listen, we can go on and on about this, the fact is we feel differently about how the fight will play out. Why don't we just sit back and wait till the fight is announced and we can have more discussion about this or even a friendly wager. I 'll save your post.
                  Crawford would win because of superior defense, movement, counter-punching skills, stance switches and power. The blueprint of how to trouble and/or defeat Manny has been written 6 times. The same cannot be said about Crawford. In my opinion, Pacquiao's skill set is not as effective against a boxer like Crawford. Furthermore, currently I do not see any advantages that Pacquiao would have over Crawford with the exception of ring experience.

With that being said, smart money is on Top Rank spoon feeding Vargas to Pacquiao.

Comment

Bradley is a very good fighter, stylistically Pacquiao gave him a very hard time

Crawford is no Bradley though..I think Crawford is a more well rounded fighter. In times when Bradley landed big on Pac, but just got ooh from the crowd as he snaped Pac's head back...Crawford could actually hurt Pac in those instances

Crawford is a better mover, a better fighter, and a powerful boxer than Bradley..So BRadley could think of his experiences with Pacquiao and believe that TC can have the same issues, but that wouldn't actually happen on fight night because styles make fights

Comment

I didnt watch the fight (PPV no thanks) but i figured Crawford was going to beat Postal. Cant wait for saturday nights replay.
                      I dont think anyone can beat Crawford at 140. I dont think pacman can beat him based on his last fight VS bradley (i just didnt see the old pacman). but its a fight that would be great if it happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X