On This Day: Margarito scored tainted win over Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will take Nazim's word over some virgin fan of Dragon BallS

Comment

it wasnt a tainted victory. Even a shot to **** margarito caused miguel problems in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
        what's your take on it?

is he a cheater? was it blown out of proportion? was it cotto fighting the wrong fight?
        Let me put it this way, I don't have a problem with people who believe he cheated against Cotto. It's difficult to just give him benefit of doubt knowing what we know surrounding the Mosley fight.

But there's just no evidence to a claim that Margarito was 'always a cheat' and so on. And if the commission would have caught him definitely with plastered wraps, he would have been banned for life.

As for the fight, I believe it made a factor that Cotto broke his nose early on(?) and couldn't breath normally/swallowed blood. Margarito was just a tough, tough customer and he wore him down.

Comment

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
          it wasnt a tainted victory. Even a shot to **** margarito caused miguel problems in the rematch.
          Right by landing 9 punches and saying silly ***** like, "you hit like a girl, Miguel!"

"Cotto hits harder than Margarito..." ~ Shane Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
            Right by landing 9 punches and saying silly ***** like, "you hit like a girl, Miguel!"

"Cotto hits harder than Margarito..." ~ Shane Mosley
            Was starting to find his range before his eye blew up. Just saying that its a case of styles, cotto beats mosley, mosley beats margarito, margarito beats cotto. No evidence for it being tainted. Cotto cant deal with volume and aggression, is why pacquiao destroyed him and why margarito did too.

Comment

The fight is tainted because Margarito's whole career is tainted.

Hate it or love it that's just how it is.

Comment

Tainted or not

It was one of the greatest fights of the past decade or so.. Huge fight that lived up to all the hype. A PPv fight that was worth the money. Great fight with a dramatic, iconic ending.

Comment

Cotto has always seemed a Diva, and a bit over rated in my opinion. He was notorious for using low blows to take control of fights earlier in his career. I don't respect that *****. I was glad when Margarito made him his b!tch in front of him family.

Comment

How could Margarito claim he didn't know his trainer was outing hardening substances on his wraps. And the comish believed him?

I think he knew for years and did it because he liked winning.

Comment

Cotto couldnt hurt tony you cant put plaster in your jaw....Not agreeing with cheating but

Comment

Working...
                      X