Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler Confirms: Golovkin Would Have Fought Degale at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double standard...

GGG gets a pass for saying he'll fight any fighter from 154-168lbs. He gets a pass for ducking Ward at the FULL limit of 168lbs. He gets a pass for saying he'll come down to 154lbs for Floyd but wouldn't fight Canelo at 155lbs. Smh. For all of you selfish and ignorant Fanboys who wanted GGG/Canelo RIGHT NOW, it's not happening because GGG didn't want it at that weight. That's fine and all but don't get mad at Canelo when he called GGG out on his weight bravery in the past. Now, the fight is happening in the Fall of 2017, at 160lbs. You punks STILL will not give Canelo any credit at all. Americans are never satisfied! I am American and I can admit this. Sanchez is a tool with a ****o mustache who talks too much! He thinks his fighter is Superman but I KNOW he isn't. What happens WHEN he loses to Canelo?????????????????????????? Will you all be shocked? Will you still be talking out of your asses? Huh? GGG gets away with this "good boy" image and y'all eat it up. He wanted no part of Ward at 168lbs, PERIOD! So Ward then said I am moving up to the big boys! But you talk about how unimpressive Ward is as a fighter!?!?!?!?!? Smh. He is one fight away from the HOF right now! How many is GGG??????? STFU!

Comment

yea he also would have accepted deontay wilder at heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        You're right, it is a money grab. Again, wouldn't be an issue if not for the statements like "I'm not business man."
        There's definitely a level of hypocrisy and embarrassment to what was said before Khan/Canelo and now.

However people forget that when Canelo picked Khan, nobody was turning down a Canelo fight. He didn't ask BJS, Eubank, Jacobs, Charlo, Andrade, or J-Rock - his first and only choice was Khan.

Golovkin pushed for Eubank after BJS & Canelo turned him down, wasted alot of time doing so. They couldn't get a quality fight so they went with a business fight and hopefully that leads to a quality fight in December as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          sounds like GGG could become a regular feature over here in the UK over the next couple of years
          Oh boy, I sure hope so!
          You don't often get the biggest stars of boxing being so willing to travel from different country to country, have to respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
            GGG gets a pass for saying he'll fight any fighter from 154-168lbs. He gets a pass for ducking Ward at the FULL limit of 168lbs. He gets a pass for saying he'll come down to 154lbs for Floyd but wouldn't fight Canelo at 155lbs. Smh. For all of you selfish and ignorant Fanboys who wanted GGG/Canelo RIGHT NOW, it's not happening because GGG didn't want it at that weight. That's fine and all but don't get mad at Canelo when he called GGG out on his weight bravery in the past. Now, the fight is happening in the Fall of 2017, at 160lbs. You punks STILL will not give Canelo any credit at all. Americans are never satisfied! I am American and I can admit this. Sanchez is a tool with a ****o mustache who talks too much! He thinks his fighter is Superman but I KNOW he isn't. What happens WHEN he loses to Canelo?????????????????????????? Will you all be shocked? Will you still be talking out of your asses? Huh? GGG gets away with this "good boy" image and y'all eat it up. He wanted no part of Ward at 168lbs, PERIOD! So Ward then said I am moving up to the big boys! But you talk about how unimpressive Ward is as a fighter!?!?!?!?!? Smh. He is one fight away from the HOF right now! How many is GGG??????? STFU!

Canelo dropped his middleweight belt
            He said GGG hasn't fought any big names yet
            He decided I'm going to fight this nobody at 154lbs Liam Smith
            Andre Ward says he wants the fight yet he goes up to 175lbs and ends the hope of it happening

Y YALL HATING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! ?!?
            Y U DO DIS!?!?!?!?!?!?????????!?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              We are in agreement, and I am aware this is a common practice. What I want is full on clarification because there is a big difference between you actively being the promoter negotiating this clusterfk of a fight or just being hired help.
              In a situation like this, Loeffler is essentially a manager representing Golovkin's interests. Hearn is the money man with the network connections and builds the show. In this situation if you want to call Loeffler a 'Gary Shaw' like parasite, that's fair. But boxing promoters are in most cases, essentially managers anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                It's Eddie Hearn dude..the british bob arum. I don't know as I am not privied to their conversations I am going based off of what Loeffler, Sanchez, and Hearn have said. The matchup stinks and I say that as a Golovkin fan.
                I think your obsessing a bit much with it. I see it as more straightforward than you are speculating. Thats up to you though. I think Hearn is also less manipulative than Arum - up until now at least. The main question to Hearn or DeGale would be "what is up with the Jack fight?" and to Hearn "why didn't you offer GeGale the GGG fight?" - until those questions get answered we are just guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  There's definitely a level of hypocrisy and embarrassment to what was said before Khan/Canelo and now.

However people forget that when Canelo picked Khan, nobody was turning down a Canelo fight. He didn't ask BJS, Eubank, Jacobs, Charlo, Andrade, or J-Rock - his first and only choice was Khan.

Golovkin pushed for Eubank after BJS & Canelo turned him down, wasted alot of time doing so. They couldn't get a quality fight so they went with a business fight and hopefully that leads to a quality fight in December as a result.
                  The hypocrisy is a MW throwing shade for a MW challenging a WW to a fight @ 155, then same MW challenging another WW to a fight at 160! We don't know if K2 could or could not get a quality fight. We only know what they told us.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    I think your obsessing a bit much with it. I see it as more straightforward than you are speculating. Thats up to you though. I think Hearn is also less manipulative than Arum - up until now at least. The main question to Hearn or DeGale would be "what is up with the Jack fight?" and to Hearn "why didn't you offer GeGale the GGG fight?" - until those questions get answered we are just guessing.
                    Somebody should just send Kugan a tweet and he'll ask Hearn.

I've always found Hearn to be somewhat transparent. He makes no bones about it, he's looking make a share of profit off every show.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

So you were open to fighting a world champ at 168, but instead of asking for that fight you just accepted a fight with a welterweight instead? Stop talking man, it's beyond embarrassing now.
                      ...wrong....Ward was lying by not telling the whole truth...Ward is only talking through his hat....Ward called out GGG one hour after it was announced that GGG had a contract to fight Lemieux.....this can be checked out for a fact......second of all GGG's team had been trying to come to an agreement for two years with Ward....the problem was first Ward was in trouble with law suits with Goossen...they were suing each other....Goosen won the lawsuit three times.....then Ward signed with Roc Nation....the first thing Roc Nation said was that Ward needed two tune up fights before they would let Ward fight GGG...then Ward fought one fight at 172 pounds....GGG and his team got tired of waiting for Andre Ward to make up his mind what he wanted to do...then look at the numbers....Ward fought in his own home town and he could not put 4000 people in the arena....Ward fought at the Citizens centre and there were only 3000 people....every single word I have put here can be checked out by anybody simply by looking at the transcripts....and if that is not enough for you then here is a video by Tom Loeffler.....either Loeffler is lying or Ward is lying....only problem with that is that the transcripts will back up Loeffler and not Ward....http://www.fighthype.com/news/article23436.html?

Comment

Working...
                      X