Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Yuriorkis Gamboa is Still The Toughest Fight I've Had

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Clearly.

Gamboa was the better fighter, he was just entirely too small. He was outboxing Crawford with ease (4-1), but weight classes exist for a reason and the size difference changed the fight.

Gamboa was a 126lb fighter up at 135 and Crawford is a big 140lb fighter who drained to 135.
    He weighed 158 last night. Gamboa was fighting a guy two weight classes higher than him and lost.

Comment

Originally posted by kelechi12 View Post
      Gamboa was his toughest fight and once he fights Pacqiao it will change. I dont get why people are in their feeling because he was being honest. At least he didnt lie because we all know he made easy work of Postol
      Pac made easy work of Postol when they sparred. But combating sparing to actual fighting is like Apple to oranges.

Comment

They take the fights despite the disadvantages because they usually come with big money, especially the guys who usually struggle to get fights. If Gamboa had been able to get the Juanma or Mikey fights, he wouldn't have moved up.

If Golovkin brings Kell Brook up to middleweight and loses, he will get absolutely hammered for it. Even though Kell is excellent, the size difference should nullify his skill set. When you get two excellent fighters, the bigger man should ultimately win.
        The old saying in boxing goes, "A good big man will always beat a good little man." There's a reason for that adage. Gamboa won a lot of fans (including Crawford) with his early performance and his heart in that fight. I'll echo the sentiment that Yuri was an awesome talent gone to waste. A fighter like that only comes along but once in a blue moon.

Comment

Not only was he outboxing him before Crawford landed and the power/size difference took over i believe he stunned Crawford in that fight too, while Crawford took Postols punches like they were nothing.

Comment

Gamboa needs to go back to 130 and take a few tuneups to shake the rust off. If he still has it I would love to see him fight Loma. That would be a great fight one where if Gamboa still has something left in the tank I could easily see him beating Loma

Comment

Originally posted by El Malo. View Post
              Gamboa needs to go back to 130 and take a few tuneups to shake the rust off. If he still has it I would love to see him fight Loma. That would be a great fight one where if Gamboa still has something left in the tank I could easily see him beating Loma
              Saw something on Facebook a couple of days ago. Gamboa said he would sign today for a Lomo fight. I don't doubt it one bit. His career is in dire need of a big-time bout. The question is, will Vasyl be willing? It would be a tremendous match-up, even with Yuri's best days behind him.

Comment

Oh yeah I'd definitely watch Lomachenko - Gamboa.

Comment

Clearly.

Gamboa was the better fighter, he was just entirely too small. He was outboxing Crawford with ease (4-1), but weight classes exist for a reason and the size difference changed the fight.

Gamboa was a 126lb fighter up at 135 and Crawford is a big 140lb fighter who drained to 135.
                  Hey, Gamboa took the fight so he obviously didn't think he was too small. Furthermore, if Crawford drained himself to get down to 135 do you think that's an advantage? Your comments are contradictory.
                  Also, Crawford gives away the early rounds in a lot of his fights and takes over later, it doesn't matter who he's fighting. He's having a look and figuring out his opponent. Did you see his fight against Dulorme, a guy who isn't at Crawford's level? Dulorme won the bulk of the first few rounds only to get knocked out, just like Gamboa, when Crawford figured him out.

Just watch as Crawford moves up to 147 and does the same thing to his opponents there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post
                    Crawford out box the crap out of postal took away his jab, decent win but Crawford still is overrated by many on here. Still has a glass chin that has not been tested yet and when the time comes it will be exposed. It's going to take a lot for me to take Crawford seriously. Lets see how does against a pressure fighter like Lamont and that will tell us what type of fighter he really is. He needs to move up nothing at 140 for Crawford
                    The guy is undoubtedly the top 140lber and you don't take him seriously? You are not a legit boxing fan. I have trouble taking you seriously with such ridiculous statements. A guy cleans out a division and you criticize him because he demolished the competition? What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
                      Hey, Gamboa took the fight so he obviously didn't think he was too small. Furthermore, if Crawford drained himself to get down to 135 do you think that's an advantage? Your comments are contradictory.
                      Also, Crawford gives away the early rounds in a lot of his fights and takes over later, it doesn't matter who he's fighting. He's having a look and figuring out his opponent. Did you see his fight against Dulorme, a guy who isn't at Crawford's level? Dulorme won the bulk of the first few rounds only to get knocked out, just like Gamboa, when Crawford figured him out.

Just watch as Crawford moves up to 147 and does the same thing to his opponents there.
                      Gamboa took the fight because he had been out for over a year, had promotional problems and it was the only big fight he could get, he has no business at 135 while Crawford will soon be at 147. The size difference was the defining factor in that fight.

Gamboa does the same thing regularly, gets bored outboxing someone and decides to go to war, that's what opened the door for Crawford. Against little guys it was a risk he could take, it wasn't against a much bigger guy.

Crawford is an excellent fighter, but Gamboa was a better one, he was just way too small.

Comment

Working...
                      X