Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Yuriorkis Gamboa is Still The Toughest Fight I've Had

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Khan and Canelo both made weight, Golovkin and Brook will both make weight....there is still clearly a smaller guy.

That was Gamboa after a long layoff, without an actual trainer and 2 divisions above where he belongs, he was still the more talented fighter by a distance. The fight changed when he got buzzed by the bigger man and clearly slowed down.

Crawford is a very good fighter, being real about that fight is not taking anything away from him. The only real concern I had about Crawford in that fight was seeing him get badly rocked in the last round despite Gamboa being small and tired.
    I understand what you are saying but we have to be real on both sides of the fence, if khan beats Canelo we arent having this duiscussion. If Brook beats Golovkin we arent having this discussion of them being too small. We only say this **** when the fighter loses. These fighters know what they are getting into way before the fight happens. I understand its an advantage but their are alot of other advantages that you cant change that a fighter has to get around size,height, reach, but they KNOW that. If they thought they way your thinking right now then they shouldnt take the fight. They still do knowing full what advantages the other fighter has. Its just bs to me man they cant go into a fight seeing all the money they are going to make, but once they lose claim disadvantages.

Comment

Gamboa was one of my favorite fighters when he was like 2-0 fighting guys who were 31-1. He could have been so much more.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
        Crawford was too proud to run against a small blown up Gamboa. Just like Bradley would never treat Provo like he's fighting Marquez. Triangle theories are not to be taken seriously in boxing. They're for casuals. How can he say Gamboa is better when he's running in the Postol fight?
        Well see thats the problem right their I thought Crawford boxed well you thought he ran well. He did the same thing that SRL did with Hearns. He moved around then picked his spots to land shots. The diffrence in this fight was skill level thats why you cant compare. I watched Crawford and Gamboa he started getting prideful once he hurt Gamboa. Obviously he wouldnt treat provo like he did Marquez they are two diffrent fighters. He has a diffrent gameplan for everyone he fights. He wanted to box l Provo but thats just the dog in Bradley. Every fighter comes in with a gameplan and Bradley was supposed to box Provo like he did Marquez. I bet you if they fought again he would box more than brawl.

Comment

Originally posted by kelechi12 View Post
          I understand what you are saying but we have to be real on both sides of the fence, if khan beats Canelo we arent having this duiscussion. If Brook beats Golovkin we arent having this discussion of them being too small. We only say this **** when the fighter loses. These fighters know what they are getting into way before the fight happens. I understand its an advantage but their are alot of other advantages that you cant change that a fighter has to get around size,height, reach, but they KNOW that. If they thought they way your thinking right now then they shouldnt take the fight. They still do knowing full what advantages the other fighter has. Its just bs to me man they cant go into a fight seeing all the money they are going to make, but once they lose claim disadvantages.
          They take the fights despite the disadvantages because they usually come with big money, especially the guys who usually struggle to get fights. If Gamboa had been able to get the Juanma or Mikey fights, he wouldn't have moved up.

If Golovkin brings Kell Brook up to middleweight and loses, he will get absolutely hammered for it. Even though Kell is excellent, the size difference should nullify his skill set. When you get two excellent fighters, the bigger man should ultimately win.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            I re-watched that fight, Gamboa was winning early in the fight, he looked phenomenal. That was a underrated fight.
            One of my favourite fights in recent years. Gamboa was making bud look silly fir those first few rounds until bud started timing him. Gamboa is one of the best offensive fighters around. It's a shame he signed with that bum 50.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              One of my favourite fights in recent years. Gamboa was making bud look silly fir those first few rounds until bud started timing him. Gamboa is one of the best offensive fighters around. It's a shame he signed with that bum 50.
              Yeah, Gamboa has given us a lot of exciting moments.

It still boggles my mind he fought to get out of his contract with too rank to sign with 50.

As soon as 50 offered 2 mill for him, top rank was all over that deal.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                if gamboa was your toughest fight.. pac will run circles around you. just ask the guy who hired you as his sparring partner....
                Definitely. Gamboa gave him trouble due to his speed/power/boxing abilities. Postol was slow and basic for Crawford. We all know Manny has Speed and Power. It's going to take somebody with Speed, skills, and a chin to beat Crawford.

Comment

Gamboa is an explosive, akward, fast fighter with power and a lot of hard, with awesome amateur background, he is a tough fight for everyone, that midget would have destroyed almost everyone between 126 and 135.

Comment

Crawford out box the crap out of postal took away his jab, decent win but Crawford still is overrated by many on here. Still has a glass chin that has not been tested yet and when the time comes it will be exposed. It's going to take a lot for me to take Crawford seriously. Lets see how does against a pressure fighter like Lamont and that will tell us what type of fighter he really is. He needs to move up nothing at 140 for Crawford

Comment

Of course Gamboa was his toughest fight. Gamboa is a better boxer than bud. If Campbell was a natural 140 fighter he would have kod bud. Gamboa's 128 pounder. Either way he took the fight though hit bud with all types of s***, but effed-up and tried the broader bigger guy and paid for it. Still Gamboa didn't lose any stock in that fight. He came in and made the bigger guy look ****** all the way up to the fifth round.
                      Last edited by BigOneFromCuba; 07-24-2016, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X