Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Crawford do at 147 vs the Big Boys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawford is probably sticking around 140, but he has the size to fill out 147, he rehydrates well, I think ultimately Thurman and Spence would be toughest, but it's hard to say without seeing Crawford face a legit welterweight yet. I think he sticks around 140 for a little bit. A Broner fight is appealing, and unlikely. A good next fight for Crawford is actually Troyanovsky (beat Cuenca) - he's 36 now and I think he should get a big fight in the states.

Comment

Slight Underdog vs thurman, Porter, and Brook

50/50 with bradley and spence

Clear favorite over everyone else

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Slight Underdog vs thurman, Porter, and Brook

50/50 with bradley and spence

Clear favorite over everyone else
        Mind breaking down the Thurman, Porter, and Brook fights to me? I know you know your boxing, so wanna get your perspective on those fights.

Comment

Whoa Whoa Whoa...........Calm down people!

Vargas, Pacquiao, Thurman and Spence would all beat Crawford right now.

Crawford's a good fighter but it would be wise for him to test the waters at 147 first against someone like Benavidez or Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
            Mind breaking down the Thurman, Porter, and Brook fights to me? I know you know your boxing, so wanna get your perspective on those fights.
            Thanks for the compliment

Thurman-- I think it looks a lot like the casamoyer-corrales fights.. Crawford will have the edge in skills, but Thurman's legit power will be the neutralizer. Kinda like marciano getting outboxed by moore and Ezzard but having the strength to endure and power to change the fight at anytime

Porter- very physical fighter,, probably the most physical welter since a prime margarito a decade ago. If crawford can't keep him at bay, then Porter could bully him.. Kinda like cotto-margarito 1. Porter is battle tested vs the best, over 12 rounds,, crawford does not have that experience yet, and may fold late in a grueling fight.. We really have no way to know

Spence- he looks to be big time, similar to thurman in that he possess good power, and enough power to hurt crawford with one punch.. Plus the size, speed, strength and youth of spence is a very tough combination to overcome, even for a guy like crawford

Brook- the long jab of Brook will be key.. Similar to vernon forest vs shane mosely 1.. Keep crawford at bay behind the jab, and setup power shots behind it

The key for crawford in all these fights will be his defense and if he can protect his chin.. He can't get caught in exchanges with these guys,, one clipping shot and crawford could be in major trouble.. Guys like pernell, hopkins, and floyd all had sturdy chins and great defense and could go all 12 Rds without eating a bomb.. I don't know if crawford is that good defensively to go all 12 without eating a bomb from these guys

Think of gamboa being too small for crawford, even though it was a competitve fight,, crawford may be too small for these legit big welters
            Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 07-24-2016, 10:37 PM.

Comment

The only welter (top) I can see Crawford beating for sure is Garcia.

Porter, Thurman, Spence, and Brook all beat him.

Bradley is an interesting fight, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Thanks for the compliment

Thurman-- I think it looks a lot like the casamoyer-corrales fights.. Crawford will have the edge in skills, but Thurman's legit power will be the neutralizer. Kinda like marciano getting outboxed by moore and Ezzard but having the strength to endure and power to change the fight at anytime

Porter- very physical fighter,, probably the most physical welter since a prime margarito a decade ago. If crawford can't keep him at bay, then Porter could bully him.. Kinda like cotto-margarito 1. Porter is battle tested vs the best, over 12 rounds,, crawford does not have that experience yet, and may fold late in a grueling fight.. We really have no way to know

Spence- he looks to be big time, similar to thurman in that he possess good power, and enough power to hurt crawford with one punch.. Plus the size, speed, strength and youth of spence is a very tough combination to overcome, even for a guy like crawford

Brook- the long jab of Brook will be key.. Similar to vernon forest vs shane mosely 1.. Keep crawford at bay behind the jab, and setup power shots behind it

The key for crawford in all these fights will be his defense and if he can protect his chin.. He can't get caught in exchanges with these guys,, one clipping shot and crawford could be in major trouble.. Guys like pernell, hopkins, and floyd all had sturdy chins and great defense and could go all 12 Rds without eating a bomb.. I don't know if crawford is that good defensively to go all 12 without eating a bomb from these guys

Think of gamboa being too small for crawford, even though it was a competitve fight,, crawford may be too small for these legit big welters
                Excellent breakdown, and I really can't disagree with any of it, because we still do have to see how his chin would hold up at WW, and if he can avoid their big shots on a consistent basis. I agree with everything, and it was fair, and honest. I do believe TC has the good to beat them all, but you're right, we still would have to see it.

Good post.

Comment

I would favour him against Danny, but not against Spence, Thurman or Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayemaker! View Post
                    Crawford looked dominant today but this was at 140, if "Bud" moves up to the money division- 147, how would he do against:

1. Danny Garcia
                    2. Shawn Porter
                    3. Keith Thurman
                    4. Errol Spence

Would you have him as the favorite against any of these young lions?
                    yes
                    yes
                    maybe
                    no

Comment

Working...
                    X