No announcement yet.

Best Mexican Fighter of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    All those guys suck put Canelo up there hes going down as the GOAT ; all these old heads on tha list been talking bad about yo boy but they just mad cause Nelo doing things they only dreamed of.
    this is true. he's only like what, 25? and look at his current resume. and soon he'll have GGG on there too, as well as eubank and that white dude he's fighting next. he'll go down at the best mexican fighter when he retires imo.

Comment

And I like to give a shout to Jose 'Mantiquilla' Napoles a true Mexican black warrior who fought Monzon for Mejico.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
        this is true. he's only like what, 25? and look at his current resume. and soon he'll have GGG on there too, as well as eubank and that white dude he's fighting next. he'll go down at the best mexican fighter when he retires imo.
        We bout to be two time 154 champion former unified WBC, WBA and now with Smith we feenin be WBO champ ( **** the IBF ) Then like you said we coming back up to reclaim 160 lineal baby! what these oldheads talkin bout?! I hate these geezers!

Comment

Finito Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
            To me greatest includes accomplishments, fan adoration, iconic status etc...best just means p4p best all around fighter.
            Thankyou!!! i had argument here several years back with several boxing gym rat who call themself "real hardcore" boxing fans about this thegreatest-p4p best topic.

i wrote just like you did, the greatest have to includes accomplishments, fan adoration, iconic status, impact to the sport and media, also influence to younger generation many times after. but they keep shoving Robinson and armstrong name in my face.

i even brought comparison from other sports like football and basketball

Robinson or armstrong can take the p4p top spot but the title of "the greatest" could only be given to one man and that's man is Muhammad Ali. and not just because Ali call himself that name
            Last edited by betmen; 07-21-2016, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I went with Chavez Sr but if Sanchez wasn't killed and his Career was a bit longer I probably would have went with him. You ask best Fighter if you ask best Boxer I'd go with Richardo Lopez the way he threw his combos was sweet

Comment

Since Roberto Duran was left off the list, who is part Mexican, then I had to go with Salvador Sanchez. For my money, he was every bit as ferocious and relentless of a fighter as Roberto Duran; Which in my opinion makes him the best Mexican fighter of all time and that's with a legendary fighter like Julio Cesar Chavez included.

Comment

What makes JCC, Sr. Stand out in this list is his resume. He fought just about everyone of contemporaries in each particular weight division he competed in.

Comment

JCC Sr. and that **** aint even close.

Comment

I respect sanchez but he didnt do enough to be in the conversation.....He was on his way to being the greatest mexican fighter of all time but it didnt happen because of his untimely death....still doesnt change the fact others were as skilled and accomplished more

I chose Ricardo Lopez....greatest 105 of all time...beat a slew of titlists in his era and was absolutely dominant....showed his greatness vs Larger Rosendo Alvarez...he also had heart and great chin. Skillwise, he was almost perfection with balance and technique.

Comment

Working...
                      X