Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev vs. Juergen Braehmer is Ordered By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev vs. Juergen Braehmer is Ordered By The WBA

When? Is this going to **** up the Ward fight?

Comment

Why not several months ago?

They we would have had Kovalev-Braehmer instead of Kovalev-Chilemba.

Now, all they will accomplish is to have Kovalev drop their belt to fight Ward instead.

I hate the WBA! They are the very worst sanctioning organization.

Comment

The WBA can choose to push back mandatories beyond the normal time period, I would think they would for Ward/Kovalev

Comment

wtf??????...

Comment

Go f#ck yourself WBA.

I'm really rooting on some of these notable guys to wipe their ass with one of these belts that are throwing out bs fights as mandatory's. At some point a guy will & more will hopefully follow that guys lead cuz this is mfing stupid. Either make some legit non-bs rankings so mandatory fights are legit fights or go f#ck yourself.

Comment

Coupla years ago this woulda been a significant fight - I know Braehmer doesn't get a lot of love here on NSB but he's a skilled and savvy fighter - unfortunately he is now also significantly past his best and anyway was content to earn a decent living fighting so so opponents in the Deutschland. What happened to Cleverly - Braehmer though?

http://www.boxingscene.com/huck-vs-m...s-play--106841

Why not get that bit of business out of the way first, then have the winner face the Ward - Kovalev winner as a mandatory. OK, I can understand that Nate might not be 100% excited to find himself sharing a ring with Kovalev again if that's how it all plays out, but I think it's a decent solution.

Comment

Don't worry guy's Ward will most probably pull out for the kova fight anyways.

Comment

Why not order this a few months earlier? Kovalev could've fought this guy instead of Chilemba.

I'm glad they're ordering guys like Thurman, Kovalev etc to take mandatory fights and trying to build a reputation as a reliable sanctioning body, but surely they should be more organised with the timing?

Comment

What's happening here is that someone from Sauerland got in contact with the WBA to remind (or pay) them that Braehmer is the mandatory. They know that Kovalev isn't going give up the big fight with Ward to fight Braehmer, so they'll just force him to vacate the belt. Same thing Kathy Duva did to Tyson Fury. The only difference here is that Braehmer doesn't have to fight someone to become the WBA champion, he gets promoted to WBA Super Champion as soon as the belt is vacated.

Braehmer will end up holding the WBA belt hostage in Germany.

Comment

Working...
                    X