No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev vs. Juergen Braehmer is Ordered By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
    Not exactly. When Braehmer becomes the super champion, he isn't obligated to fight his mandatory for 18 months. There won't be a mandatory challenger either. Bivol will have to fight for the regular title and then he'll be in line to fight for the super title.
    Right, but he won't be recognized as the super duper champion.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
      seems like the same posters who support certain fighters hope and pray Ward just disappears....amazing
      Hey Larry, Ward disappears on his own pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
        This is coming from a guy who thinks Wilder is the best Heavyweight
        If you can show me where I've called Wilder the best heavyweight I'll delete my account and never post here again. If you cant, you delete your account and never post here again. Of course we know you won't accept this challenge because you're a liar, right?

Comment

What Duva deserves

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
            What's happening here is that someone from Sauerland got in contact with the WBA to remind (or pay) them that Braehmer is the mandatory. They know that Kovalev isn't going give up the big fight with Ward to fight Braehmer, so they'll just force him to vacate the belt. Same thing Kathy Duva did to Tyson Fury. The only difference here is that Braehmer doesn't have to fight someone to become the WBA champion, he gets promoted to WBA Super Champion as soon as the belt is vacated.

Braehmer will end up holding the WBA belt hostage in Germany.
            Exactly. Sauerland knows Braehmer won't have to get KO'd by Kovalev. They are effing masters at finding the easiiest possible route to worthless paper belts. Effing cancer on boxing
            Last edited by giacomino; 07-20-2016, 10:33 PM.

Comment

The WBA is a joke. Kovalev and Ward are lined up for a superfight, but they order Kovalev's mandatory.

Meanwhile, neither GGG or Jacobs have anyone to fight, but they won't order that. What a joke.

Of course it could all be by design. Roc Nation and the WBA could be working together to create a feasible excuse to delay Kovalev-Ward to "marinate" it. I wouldn't even put it past Duva although I doubt it. Kovalev-Ward better happen in November or I will never support the WBA, Roc Nation, and potentially even Main Events and HBO again.

Comment

They know Kovalev will be outclassed by Ward, this is sad stuff. I hope the Ward still goes ahead because Kovalev has protected for a long time. Stephenson should have destroyed years back.

Comment

Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
                  Hey Larry, Ward disappears on his own pretty good.
                  Like going up a weight class to take the titles from the scariest guy in the sport? FFS, try harder next time. If you need help I'm willing to give you some material to get you started.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    As soon as I saw this I knew there would be people making a claim along the a line and I knew who would be the first to post it. I'm surprised they (he) didn't try to blame Ward with an outrageous claim he paid the WBA to push Kovs mandatory. Same old carp from the same old carp posters. If Kov chooses this over Ward though it's clear he is the one ducking. There is more money and MUCH more prestige in the Ward fight.

but, that is how most smart posters felt when Golovkin selected Wade

Comment

Fuck the WBA if they're trying to throw a spanner in the works.

Comment

Working...
                      X