Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

someone should set up a gofundme for israel vazquez who is about to lose his eye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone should set up a gofundme for israel vazquez who is about to lose his eye

mexican ring warrior israel vazquez is set to have his right eyeball removed and replaced with a prosthetic one due to various injuries occurred in the ring. including injuries sustained from the entertaining yet brutal fights against rafael marquez. he's been living blind in his right eye for several years now.

all it takes is for one person to set up the fund, i have no idea how to do it but i'm sure others do. then the link can be spread around and boxing fans around the world can donate whatever amount they want. i'm sure it's very costly to have your eyeball removed and replaced with a prosthetic one.

Link to article: Israel Vazquez to have right eye removed after years of problems

Great idea but I think he said the wbc is paying for it. Idk h you would get in touch with him though

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      Great idea but I think he said the wbc is paying for it. Idk h you would get in touch with him though
      hmm i read in the espn article that the WBC help to pay for some of the 6 surgeries he had performed on the eye, but i'm not sure if they're going to pay for the actual removal procedure or the prosthetic and implant.

Comment

I'll set up the gofund me if ya'll want..

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
          I'll set up the gofund me if ya'll want..
          i think you should. you are by far one of the most influential posters here. i'm sure you can drum up some interest....

Comment

look how little responses this thread has. it's no wonder boxers don't give a fck about what the fans want these days. the fans don't give a care in the world when they aren't in the ring taking abuse for their entertainment anymore.

Comment

Vazquez is one of my favorite little guys. A true warrior. Sad to hear this news. I'd be happy to donate if such a fund was set up and was legit.

Comment

I would contribute to the fund.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
                  look how little responses this thread has. it's no wonder boxers don't give a fck about what the fans want these days. the fans don't give a care in the world when they aren't in the ring taking abuse for their entertainment anymore.
                  To be fair there have been a couple threads on this already and I think you would have better responses if a) there was a go fund me already made and 2) if there is clear information that he actually needs help with money.

The other issue, not that it makes his story any less sad, is that it appears his doctors had really ****ed up the procedures which has led to this. From what he said and from the information I gathered, there was no reason for him to lose his eye if not for some sketchy medical work, basically botched surgeries.

With that said I would gladly contribute if he needs financial help. I've made numerous donations to Gerald McClellan and Magomed in the past.
                  Last edited by ИATAS; 07-19-2016, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    To be fair there have been a couple threads on this already and I think you would have better responses if a) there was a go fund me already made and 2) if there is clear information that he actually needs help with money.

The other issue, not that it makes his story any less sad, is that it appears his doctors had really ****ed up the procedures which has led to this. From what he said and from the information I gathered, there was no reason for him to lose his eye if not for some sketchy medical work, basically botched surgeries.
                    that may be true. well if someone does make one i encourage them to make their own thread with the link already there and hopefully a mod can sticky it to the top of the page.

Comment

Working...
                    X