Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time a middleweight champ fought a welterweight at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was the last time a middleweight champ fought a welterweight at 160?

Tito and Oscar were middleweight champs. I honestly can't remember the last time a middleweight fought a welterweight. Hearns, Duran and Leonard had all fought at 154.

brook walks around at 190 hes not a welterweight got it

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      brook walks around at 190 hes not a welterweight got it
      He's a welterweight champ and I read 178. Maybe Lemuiex should fight Thurman since Loma is in 140s walk around.

Comment

Taylor-spinks

Comment

This isn't anything new, and nearly ever great MW has done it. The problem is Golovkin has better options out there. Namely Lara.

Jermain Taylor fought Spinks and Ouma back to back. Not Welterweights, but still pretty small LMW's. In the early 90's Michael Nunn feasted on a couple top WWs when he was considered top 3 p4p.

Comment

i think it was a day after the MW champ created his own 155 weight.

Comment

I understand from Brooks point of view challenging GGG, but GGG accepting the fight, after he said himself Brook was too small lol i think he even criticized Nelo for fighting Khan

All this honor crap n stuff he talks about n he does this, he let me down when he called to fight Ward at 164 but its cool hes a bad mofo in the ring, but this is just frustating from GGG

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                i think it was a day after the MW champ created his own 155 weight.
                I guess two wrongs make a right.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Taylor-spinks
                  Spinks was a 154 pound champ.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    This isn't anything new, and nearly ever great MW has done it. The problem is Golovkin has better options out there. Namely Lara.

Jermain Taylor fought Spinks and Ouma back to back. Not Welterweights, but still pretty small LMW's. In the early 90's Michael Nunn feasted on a couple top WWs when he was considered top 3 p4p.
                    I really haven't seen many since Monzon days, Spinks and Ouma were 154 pound champs. I'll look up Nunn but I remember him fighting a lot of 154 pounders.

Comment

Working...
                    X