Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They're saying Wilder's torn bicep might keep him out the rest of the year!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    So it's safe to assume that his arm was already banged up, and it got exacerbated during the fight. Ayy yay yay, there goes Wilder/Povetkin.

Hopefully this somehow leads to Ortiz/Povetkin.
    Ortiz how? When Jorge Lineres when down its was the WBC #1 vs WBC silver for the vacated belt this will be some like Povetkin vs Stiverne or Pulev for the belt til Wilder gets back

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      X-rays don't show muscle tears. They use MRI's for that And the people at ringside saw his arm and said they could tell something was wrong. Rafael even said ewww when he saw it

x rays will how tears and scar tissue...what do you think when they x ray even teeth to get gum or tooth dmage...did you think x rays wont show a rip in the muscle tissue? MRI's ? lol.....im pretty sure one does not need an mri to indicate a muscle rip/tear, I would know.

joking aside...MRI/X ray whatever is needed to show the injury is legit, I think its planned and a stall tactic once again.
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-16-2016, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
        Ortiz how? When Jorge Lineres when down its was the WBC #1 vs WBC silver for the vacated belt this will be some like Povetkin vs Stiverne or Pulev for the belt til Wilder gets back
        I didn't say it was plausible, just that I hope that things play out in a certain way that somehow lead to that match-up. Maybe Ortiz's people get him ranked in the WBC so he could bounce between sanctioning bodies. If he beats Chagaev for the regular WBA, then he can try to move in on the WBC.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          x rays will how tears and scar tissue...what do you think when they x ray even teeth to get gum or tooth dmage...did you think x rays wont show a rip in the muscle tissue? MRI's ? lol.....im pretty sure one does not need an mri to indicate a muscle rip/tear, I would know.
          X-rays don't show tears, that's an MRI. X-rays show fractures in dense material such as bone or cavities in teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

joking aside...MRI/X ray whatever is needed to show the injury is legit, I think its planned and a stall tactic once again.
            I don't think it was a planned stall tactic. But I will fault Wilder for riding a motorcycle. That scar on his arm was from a crash he had two weeks ago. It may have contributed to the injury. It's like these athletes learn nothing from all the motorcycle accidents other athletes have had.

Comment

Wilder's "technique" is one of the worst i've seen in a long long time.

He talks about him being the most skillful fighter in the division. I mean, lol please puto.

Comment

It was evident from round 5 on that he pretty much only used the left

Comment

I thought Wilder's right bicep looked odd before the fight, like there was or had been a probably partial tear that I was assuming had healed... but it looked pretty huge. Was his right biceps injured before?

Comment

Originally posted by Swatty View Post
                    I thought Wilder's right bicep looked odd before the fight, like there was or had been a probably partial tear that I was assuming had healed... but it looked pretty huge. Was his right biceps injured before?
                    He got into a motorcycle accident two weeks ago. That's why he had that scrape on his right arm.

Comment

Prior to Wilder's injury, I had serious doubts that Povetkin would fight Wilder next even if he is cleared by the WBC.

He has been out of the ring for 8 months already and is a repeat offender when it comes to delaying fights so would probably request a tune up in any event

With this injury, I reckon that its' 50/50 as to whether this fight has taken place by this time next year
                      Last edited by Tomjas; 07-17-2016, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X