Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's be honest here....Manny took human growth hormone right?...Reasonable debate.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If his country was known for producing this type of talent I wouldnt be as suspicious, but look across the board now. None at the top beside Donaire who himself was a hypejob riding the coat tails of 48's success. The same in the early 00's. Same as the 90's. Same as the 80's. Same as the 70's. None of his countrymen at the top. And certainly none over 126 lbs.

I dont believe he is a special athlete. IMO without PEDs we wouldnt be having these conversations about #48.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      i did read your entire run on sentence post which is just going around in circle. and you still didnt respond to my question lol

he seem to get tired a great deal pre -06?? what fights? how so? can you go more into details instead of just posting whatever fits you. there is no truth to a male's biological peak is between 21-25. so i guess after you hit 25, your suppsoe to slow down right? does this count for all boxers or just manny?
      Okay
      A) Don't argue with someone about biology that has studied it at a University level, a biological peak for a human is usually between 21 and 25.. people can have higher physical performances after those ages.. sure.. but it is unlikely that an athlete who was already training at a high level would reach a higher physical level, after 25(ish)
      B) By a biological peak, I don't mean you are going to suddenly slow down after 25... but after 25 you will find it harder to make physical advancements, more so than you did before the age of 25... you would expect to see someone remain at around the same level they were and/or slowly decline
      C) In one post you are claiming Manny was in his peak during '06 - '11 and in another post are claiming there is no biological peak from 21-25... yet your post insinuates you believe he was physically superior beyond 25... thereby stating you think 26-32 is the peak of a human? A confusing position to take to say the least... and one that demonstrates how you too can see the difference physically between Manny pre-06 and post-06
      D) I am not going to go and list and time-stamp a load of fights pre-06 of Manny, you are perfectly capable of watching them for yourself (although I don't think it will do any good as I think you might be too bias to admit anything you may or may not notice anyway)... I think most people who have watched boxing for a while and witnessed Manny's rise in the sport, will admit he was a different animal in 06-11.... and of course, if you need me to elaborate on what getting tired in a fight means... I think there may be no hope at all for you.
      And finally E) Please remind me never again to bother posting discussion points about a subject that people are clearly so emotionally involved in... it is sad that people can't be free from emotion and bias in these instances... look at you, trying to goad me into a 'fanboy' war with your "does this count for all boxers or just manny?" line... You are not going to get me with that rubbish... for I am a fan of no-one... I leave emotion at the door with boxing... I was really just interested in the discussion of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
        He may have. He may not have. It wouldn't shock me if anyone in any sport took an illegal substance. But without proof, we can only speculate in which case I feel like these conversations become redundant
        Where do you stand - that is the point of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          Where do you stand - that is the point of the thread.
          That is my stance. I honestly have no clue. When guys like Dee Gordon who is 150 lbs on a good day and can't hit the ball out of the infield (obvious exaggeration) is testing positive for banned substances, anyone can be taking it too.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
            You've got a 0.0% chance of this being a reasonable debate.
            Where do you stand? What is your opinion either way, and what do you base it on?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
              That is my stance. I honestly have no clue. When guys like Dee Gordon who is 150 lbs on a good day and can't hit the ball out of the infield (obvious exaggeration) is testing positive for banned substances, anyone can be taking it too.
              What did he test positive for?

I guess its all relative right. That is what I took from the cycling world, if you are good before you dope than if you dope well you will follow a relative trajectory in comparison to others.

Whereas maybe that guy needed to dope to become good enough to be a solid line drive hitter, or good enough to be a pro. I am sorry I don't follow baseball anymore so I am just trying to apply common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                The only reason this came up is because of Floyd and his team. They went to court and Floyd presented no evidence. No surprise there.

5+ years later the fight finally gets made. The accuser, Floyd, admitted to taking something that was banned. This one is a FACT since Floyd admitted to doing so. How ironic!

Im disappointed..it took 15 posts for Floyd to be mentioned...ya'll slipping

Comment

Mayweather is the Lance Armstrong of boxing. This is general knowledge. It's already in 2016 encyclopedias.

Comment

groundbreaking, original thread

did you think this one up all by yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                      the mayweathers actually backed off on it a little... their fans and paulie is another story tho...
                      Yea they backed off when the Pacquiao fight became a possibility and they wanted to make it seem like Floyd beat a superhuman. That's the only reasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X