No announcement yet.

The Eubank fam Non-Disclosure $$$ with Hearn / Warren

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eubank fam Non-Disclosure $$$ with Hearn / Warren

Is Eubank Sr. giving them the Floyd treatment ala Arum?

I mean Americans imo have a stronger presence of mixed races and equality, but seeing as Eubank Sr. formed his legacy, and now Jr.'s, seems to me that his pops is only trying to look after his son with what the promoters COULD provide more for his son.

Wasn't that the point with Chavez Sr. to Jr.? The Brand name? Still, he was given the opportunity, and Chavez Sr. advised his son to not extend with Arum, which was the reason for the Lil'G fight not happening.

I can see Joshua all caught up with Hearn and the rise to fame, a different market since he's a Heavyweight too, but whom before him is his role model business wise?

Wtf is it his idiot saying? Yes stupid, both Chavez and Eubank talked big about fighting Ggg, got huge offers to fight him from their own promoter, and backed out for much worse opportunities

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Wtf is it his idiot saying? Yes stupid, both Chavez and Eubank talked big about fighting Ggg, got huge offers to fight him from their own promoter, and backed out for much worse opportunities
      Chavez's offer was based on him extending his contract with Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
        Chavez's offer was based on him extending his contract with Arum.
        And your point is? He was offer 7m for Ggg in July 2014 and a one fight extension for 10m if he won, 5 if he lost. It's 2 years later and he still hasn't made 5m lol. Sat out and quit on the stool vs a no name to half the ratings he did with Arum

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          And your point is? He was offer 7m for Ggg in July 2014 and a one fight extension for 10m if he won, 5 if he lost. It's 2 years later and he still hasn't made 5m lol. Sat out and quit on the stool vs a no name to half the ratings he did with Arum
          This frustrates me because as a boxer, I don't want to be talking; I want to be up in the ring, but I make no apology for the position I have taken," stated former middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., who is still not pleased about his current contractual situation with his promotional company, Top Rank. According to Chavez, he's eager to make big fights with the likes of Carl Froch and Gennady Golovkin so long as he doesn't have to sign a contract extension, but unfortunately, Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum refuses to negotiate with his manager, Billy Keane.

"I accepted everything they wanted except the contract extension, but there was no agreement and until now, I have not received any other offer to fight. There is talk that they want me to return on September 13; I also heard the name of Carl Froch [as an opponent], but right now, I am in the middle of a cold war and I don't know what's going to happen," Chavez Jr. commented in a recent interview with RECORD before giving his side of the story about why the Golovkin fight fell through.*

"I was offered money for the Golovkin fight, but it included an extension of two more fights. I sent an e-mail to Top Rank saying that everything was good except for the extension," he explained. "They immediately responded that they would take away 75 percent of the purse that I had been offered with the extension, and that [what was left] was miserable, so the people who work with me told me it was a mockery."

"In these days, there must be a new rapport with Top Rank. Arum constantly insists on speaking with my dad and me, something that I think is unprofessional because neither my dad nor I know about contracts or laws. He does not want to negotiate with my manager [Billy Keane]," Chavez Jr. added. "If I were face to face with Arum, I would tell him to respect the laws of boxing and the Muhammad Ali Act, which demands transparency in negotiations. I would tell him to talk to my manager and not with my dad."

^^^there you go, this is the reason he refused the fight

Comment

Chavez Jr. added. "If I were face to face with Arum, I would tell him to respect the laws of boxing and the Muhammad Ali Act, which demands transparency in negotiations. I would tell him to talk to my manager and not with my dad."

Dang. Mikey Garcia be like, "Mexican Style!"

Comment

This frustrates me because as a boxer, I don't want to be talking; I want to be up in the ring, but I make no apology for the position I have taken," stated former middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., who is still not pleased about his current contractual situation with his promotional company, Top Rank. According to Chavez, he's eager to make big fights with the likes of Carl Froch and Gennady Golovkin so long as he doesn't have to sign a contract extension, but unfortunately, Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum refuses to negotiate with his manager, Billy Keane.

"I accepted everything they wanted except the contract extension, but there was no agreement and until now, I have not received any other offer to fight. There is talk that they want me to return on September 13; I also heard the name of Carl Froch [as an opponent], but right now, I am in the middle of a cold war and I don't know what's going to happen," Chavez Jr. commented in a recent interview with RECORD before giving his side of the story about why the Golovkin fight fell through.*

"I was offered money for the Golovkin fight, but it included an extension of two more fights. I sent an e-mail to Top Rank saying that everything was good except for the extension," he explained. "They immediately responded that they would take away 75 percent of the purse that I had been offered with the extension, and that [what was left] was miserable, so the people who work with me told me it was a mockery."

"In these days, there must be a new rapport with Top Rank. Arum constantly insists on speaking with my dad and me, something that I think is unprofessional because neither my dad nor I know about contracts or laws. He does not want to negotiate with my manager [Billy Keane]," Chavez Jr. added. "If I were face to face with Arum, I would tell him to respect the laws of boxing and the Muhammad Ali Act, which demands transparency in negotiations. I would tell him to talk to my manager and not with my dad."

There were multiple other offers by Top Rank that always included extensions. The last one is correct. Bob did offer him a $7 million guarantee with a one-fight extension, and $10 million if he won, $5 million if he lost. Again, we accepted the fight, but not the extensions."
              That's a great deal. He would have been 12m richer by the time he got embarrassed and quit vs Fonfara.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post

I mean Americans imo have a stronger presence of mixed races and equality, but seeing as Eubank Sr. formed his legacy, and now Jr.'s, seems to me that his pops is only trying to look after his son with what the promoters COULD provide more for his son.

Wasn't that the point with Chavez Sr. to Jr.? The Brand name? Still, he was given the opportunity, and Chavez Sr. advised his son to not extend with Arum, which was the reason for the Lil'G fight not happening.

I can see Joshua all caught up with Hearn and the rise to fame, a different market since he's a Heavyweight too, but whom before him is his role model business wise?
                Well, it's an argument I guess, the Eubank name is a major selling point (oh, and that's 'brand name' - lower case b btw, the Brand name ain't a particular big seller it seems) - but where's he gonna go? Hearn's probably the promoter with the clout to get him the biggest fights in the UK market and his names is going to carry less weight across the pond. What it looks like to me is that Sr overestimated the drawing power of young Christopher - or maybe thought they had Loeffler / Hearn over a barrel with the fight date so close. He miscalculated I guess.

Regards the Chavez Jr situation - well. How are things looking for Jr right now? Although the when you add into the mix that reports in the mexican press from the time Jr was negotiating with GGG suggest Haymon offered something like a $35 mil multi-fight deal you can understand his willingness to forgo the GGG gig.
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 07-15-2016, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Eubanks Sr. is blowing it for his so. His son will end up fighting some nobody for $500,000 pounds in his next fight instead of fighting Golovkin for $4 to $5 million. If this is his idea of looking out for the best interest of his son, then he needs to turn those duties over to someone else.

I would bet that after the Brook/Golovkin fight, Sr. will tell Hearn that Jr. is now ready to fight Golovkin (assuming Golovkin wins) and wants the same amount of money Hearn was offering previously. Unfortunately, by then, a Golovkin/Eubank fight won't be worth nearly as much.

Comment

Chris Eubank Jr is good, but he hasn't gotten all the way there yet. which is why there's this disconnect.

When Floyd walked away from Bob Arum to do things on his own, he'd already established himself at the best fighter in boxing.

Senior is trying to act as if Junior is already at that point, but he's not there yet.

80/20 of the net proceeds on the event, and a chance to launch into superstar status in world boxing was enough, imo, for Senior to look for locking in the opportunity for his son, rather than just seek to, according to Eddie Hearn, triple the ticket price, short the value of the fights on the undercard, and remove any commentator who isn't championing junior

Comment

Working...
                    X