Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook's Challenge of Golovkin Shows Signs of 1980s Greatness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will only be 1980's greatness if the fight ends up being a great fight...doubt it will approach the shores of a fight like "the War." If it ends like everyone expects it to, then the mismatch label was justified. Can't be too mad at boxers who pursue the money...it's a brutal sport & they needs to get paid. But a mismatch is still a mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Lol. No Way!

GGG will be about 170, as usual. Brook comes in higher than 155 even after making 147 for a WW fight. He'll probably be only a couple of lbs lighter than GGG. He could even shock everybody and come in heaveier than Golovkin. We''ll have to wait and see.
      Kafkod, for the sake of debate, lets say brooks does come in at 165 (which I seriously doubt) do you honesty think it will be a fair fight? Brooks fighting at such a high wt for the 1st time vs the supposed destroyer? How can brooks even have the stamina to be competitive fighting at such a high wt for the 1st time? Only ggg fans like this dead dog of a fight. When does ggg challenge a real fighter and not just talk about it?

Comment

Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
        Kafkod, for the sake of debate, lets say brooks does come in at 165 (which I seriously doubt) do you honesty think it will be a fair fight? Brooks fighting at such a high wt for the 1st time vs the supposed destroyer? How can brooks even have the stamina to be competitive fighting at such a high wt for the 1st time? Only ggg fans like this dead dog of a fight. When does ggg challenge a real fighter and not just talk about it?
        Golovkin had signed to fight Eubank, who is a MW and bigger than him. He was offered Brook as an alternative when that fight fell through. Nobody in GGG's own division wants to fight him. Kell Brook wants the fight and his promoter is backing him with money. If Haymon had been willing to do the same with Jacobs and Lara those fights would have happened by now. Neither would have any more chance of beating Golovkin than Kell Brook has though.

You say only GGG fans like this fight ... again, lets wait and see. Eddie Hearn thinks it will sell out the 02 Arena and earn both men career high money from Sky PPV. I think he knows what he's doing better than you.
        Last edited by kafkod; 07-12-2016, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
          GGG is the A Side the cash cow and P4P champion. Any pretenders want a payday they have to come to The King GGG aka The African Assassin
          So you're okay with Canelo treating GGG the same way right?

Comment

Ezekiel Brook is the only fighter here that deserves any kind of credit for this fight. Its about as crazy as it gets.

Comment

Only ggg fans like this dead dog of a fight
              Not true. I don't like this fight. And does the BBBoC have an opinion on this at all? I wish they'd tell Hearn and Loeffler: shame on you mofos for lining your pockets by blatantly endangering the safety of a smaller opponent.

When does ggg challenge a real fighter and not just talk about it?
              He's the consensus MW champion. The role of a challenger is to.... challenge the title holder. With that clarified, has there been any offer to K2 after Canelo dropped his belt? or even retroactively since the win over Wade? Sadly, I only know about Matchroom's two proposals, one which was nixed by Hearn himself.

And so we get this stay busy fight for the UK exposure value and profit. Dang.

Comment

Meh, it's not the fight I want, but it's the fight I'll watch.

This isn't Canelo/Khan because Khan is a small guy who was barely 147 and Canelo is a guy who regularly comes into fights over 170

Brook is a big dude, who doesn't even belong at 147, apparently.

He'll probably come into the fight around 160. He's not that smaller than GGG.

It'll be a better fight than Canelo/Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                  Wrong.....it shows signs of 2016 Canelo-Khan stupidity!!
                  Brook is a lot better than khan at least

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
                    See what I mean losers? Exactly what i told you this fight was. Throwback. You consumer puds are just so used to worshipping cowards and drug cheats
                    So GayLoveKin brings a 147 lb fighter up and he's a throwback fighter? The only one deserving of any credit here is Brook. NO ONE thinks this fight does anything for GayLoveKin, well, except you, the biggest di@khead fu@ckface a@@wad on this entire forum, stupid **** wart.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnbiased View Post
                      Brook hasn't done enough for this fight to be labled a throw back blast from the past. If he would have stepped up to the plate and defeated thurman and garcia then maybe so or had the other champions fearing him on a golovkin,pacquiao type status. Little floyd had the chance to really be great but he was a chicken and avoided all risk.
                      GayLoveKin had a chance to be great and pussed out with Ward...end of story.
                      Floyd's 40 years old, Floyd came up 5 divisions and beat all top notch fighters. What has GayLoveKin done? Seriously? You know completely well that had Floyd fought and won vs GayLoveKin, he suddenly would've been a hype job, or morons like yourself would have started watching 5 hour fights in slow mo like a **** and said he lost, or they would have said GayLoveKin got robbed, or it was the weight, or the stars weren't aligned just right. Floyd has proven himself, and done so early in his career, wtf has GayLoveKin clown shown? Because to me he hasn't shown *****.

Comment

Working...
                      X