Collapse
No announcement yet.

What round will Ward stop Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I seen Ward might give Kovalev some problems but sooner Kovalev's strength and power will catch up with him.

Comment

Round not going to happen.

Comment

Ward has failed to knock out so many lesser fighters than Kovalev. Why would anybody think he would KO the tough Russian? Ward might win on points. Ward winning by KO is possible but extremely unlikely. Knocking guys out is a Kovalev specialty. Ward should stick to careful boxing. Going for a KO might be a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
          I can understand them. Why you have to like some fighter if he's losing fights. If your favorite fighter losing fights it means that he never was that great in the first place and you should stop caring about him because he'll lose again

And I don't care about Kovalev after Chilemba fight. It'd be better if he lost that one than winning like this. Isaac proved that Kovalev is overrated fighter and his best scalps is 69 y.o Hopkins and washed up super middleweight bodybuilder Pascal

Why I should keep liking some fighter if he's not doing what he's supposed to do? Nobody likes people who lose
          I get what you're saying. I guess it all depends on why someone likes a fighter. I like watching most fighters and love watching guys like Kovalev, GGG, Pac, etc. However, I'm a fan of fighters based on their character and some of my faves in that regard have certainly fallen from grace. It's not easy being a Guerrero or Trout fan but I think they're cool people so they've got my support no matter how irrelevant they become.

Comment

I'm picking Kovalev to win.

The only way he may lose is if the officials are crooked. The referee is very important, because if the ref permits it, Ward will use his illegal tactics (head butts, arm-clamps, low blows, hitting off the break, etc) and that could make a big difference.

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/killa...tnUSA.gif.html

And if Sergey doesn't knock him out, the judges may rob him.

Still, I'll pick a highly-motivated Kovalev by late KO/TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
              I can understand them. Why you have to like some fighter if he's losing fights. If your favorite fighter losing fights it means that he never was that great in the first place and you should stop caring about him because he'll lose again

And I don't care about Kovalev after Chilemba fight. It'd be better if he lost that one than winning like this. Isaac proved that Kovalev is overrated fighter and his best scalps is 69 y.o Hopkins and washed up super middleweight bodybuilder Pascal

Why I should keep liking some fighter if he's not doing what he's supposed to do? Nobody likes people who lose
              Will you change your tune when he beats Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                I'm picking Kovalev to win.

The only way he may lose is if the officials are crooked. The referee is very important, because if the ref permits it, Ward will use his illegal tactics (head butts, arm-clamps, low blows, hitting off the break, etc) and that could make a big difference.

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/killa...tnUSA.gif.html

And if Sergey doesn't knock him out, the judges may rob him.

Still, I'll pick a highly-motivated Kovalev by late KO/TKO.

Comment

Ward by UD or late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
                    Will you change your tune when he beats Ward?
                    IF he beats Ward
                    And yes, I will
                    He doesn't even have to beat Ward for that, I will change my tune when he beats some other top 5 light heavyweight in more convincing manner, than Cilemba fight
                    Last edited by g27region; 07-12-2016, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Ward will make lil k look like an amateur. Therefore he will get no credit for the win.

Comment

Working...
                      X