Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev Drops, Dominates Chilemba: Waits For Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilemba made Krusher look average except for his monstrous power which was clearly evident.

Ward is thrice the boxer Chilemba is, ain't gonna be a pretty fight but Ward has got this. I was concerned by the weight stepping up but of wat we've seen Ward has made the adjustments smoothly.

Gonna be a shame to see the Krusher train roll to a halt but the reemergence of Ward will be something to marvel at, a clear p4p no.1 should he win, or Krusher likewise.

I hope they make Ward vs Triple Duck at a CW after GGG is done beating up on welters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      I don't get this at all. You're a Canelo fan but you don't like when fighters lie to the fans?

How dumb does that make you LOL?

Situations can change after 3-4 years, which explains Golovkin's comments no longer being relevant to the current situation where he's 34 years of age. Situations do not change after just two weeks, though. Canelo said he would fight GGG next, then vacated the title and ducked only two weeks later. That is a clear lie. SMARTEN UP KID !

1) Team Bull**** said this just over a year ago.....

"Golovkin would have no problem fighting at a catchweight against Alvarez....."

2) Despite spinning that " anyone from 154-168 " bull**** for FOUR YEARS, Golovkin never fought outside 160, NOT ONCE.

So yea, you got lied to bro..... for FOUR YEARS

What you are doing is..... defending someone who lied to you LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        What do mean by what EXACTLY did I mean? What did you think I meant lol?

Because when you're trying to grow the sport, and bring in new fans, and you tell fans, "this is the best entertainment we have to offer, the #1 pound for pound fighter in the sport," you won't be able to create any new boxing fans if what boxing has to show for it is fighters like Andre Ward ruling the sport because they officiate it in a way that is beneficial to fighters who cheat. I just re-watched the Kessler fight and Ward is illegally measuring the whole time, intentionally jumping in to initiate clinches whenever Kessler is in range to hit Ward, and he headbutted Kessler at least three times creating huge cuts over both of his eyes.

That's just not what boxing needs. You must have seen yourself, the excitement around boxing when Mike Tyson was heavyweight champ was much greater than when Klitschko was and Floyd was pound-for-pound king. I'd like to see GGG beat Canelo, Kovalev beat Ward, and have boxing ruled by GGG and Kovalev for hopefully the next few years, but realistically it probably won't for very long because they're too old already, because no one great would fight them in their primes, which is the whole reason boxing is on the decline like it is. But just saying ideally, boxing would be better off with Kovalev winning the fight, than Ward, just because of the greater excitement Kovalev brings. It's like any other sport that has a scoring problem, like soccer. When leagues call fouls more strictly, don't allow arm holding or pushing, and there are more goals scored as a result, the league does better. Likewise boxing does better when holding and measurement are refereed with a zero tolerance policy after round 3, allowing punchers to win fights they would normally win more often than not. But this rarely happens anymore because the commissions are corrupt.

HAHAHAH sure you did, cool story bro

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          HAHAHAH sure you did, cool story bro
          He's got a point. Boxing has seen a HUGE decline with boring fighters at the top, NO MATTER THE RACE. Tyson was fkn exciting. People loved him for that shlt. Wladamir Clinchko? not so much.. Bring back EXCITEMENT to Boxing and it will flourish again.

Comment

• Immediately after the fight, the poll had 5 votes for Kovalev by decision. In the days following the fight I've watched that number grow to 14 votes.....I've seen the same thing happen with other fight polls on this site. WTF? Why is it so difficult to close the poll immediately after the fight or right before the fight? ......Too many little dweebs come here late, knowing who won the fight and decide to vote after the fight is done. This place is full of ******ed kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by ƒearless View Post
              He's got a point. Boxing has seen a HUGE decline with boring fighters at the top, NO MATTER THE RACE. Tyson was fkn exciting. People loved him for that shlt. Wladamir Clinchko? not so much.. Bring back EXCITEMENT to Boxing and it will flourish again.

That is just a typical casual-fan whinge.

They like punch-ups, and don't concern themselves too much with skill.

I think that HBO hype-jobs, and fights that fail to deliver, are the problem.

Fights like Mayweather/Pacquiao didn't help, but believe me if Pac had beaten Floyd that would have likely been remembered as a "fight for the ages".

HBO have been trying to manufacture a star for the longest time.

Remember the outcry about Berto getting paid 2mil for fighting cans ?

Well now we got Golovkin doing the exact same thing.

HBO should just add more content to cater to that audience.

Not hard to put together some tough-guy cards to feed the casuals.

Comment

• Thought the fight was super close. Had Kovalev winning by 1 point only and as you can see he is one of my favourite fighters. I felt like he showed big weakness and I'm pretty sure Ward does his usual dominationplay.

Comment

Working...
                X