Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: Kell Brook Much Bigger, Much Stronger Than Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brook and Khan were supposed to have this UK superfight based on them being equally matched. Now, suddenly everyone wants to pretend Brook is leagues above Khan. After Kell gets smashed by Genady they'll both go back to being equal in people's minds. Brook a little bigger, Khan a little faster. There's no huge disparity in ability between them.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      ...thats all nice and dandy but a top ten guy at 154-168 wouldve been a lot better than a welterweight

complete mismatch

there is no way to dress up this crap fight
      I'm not trying to dress anything up.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
        Those 3 fighters didn't put his name on that contract, he did. He could've looked at any 168lb fighter, but he chose a WW
        Those3 fighters didnt put their signatures on a contract either, which is bad considering that 2 of the3 have publicly said they would do so. Golovkin was left with few options and running out of time. They had a deal done already with Eubank. A simple cross one name out and put the other one on and now we have a fight.

The only name Ive heard ay 168 showing any interest in Golovkin is Ramirez, who recently had surgery on his hand. I dont think negotiations with another fighter or promoter could have happened in the time they have to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          I'm not trying to dress anything up.
          not you...but others are

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            i was actually an accredited media member for several years. been ringside at dozens, if not hundreds of fights, from press row.

but you don't need inside information to know that lara's team haven't contacted golovkin's for a fight. they've admitted it. golovkin's team say the same thing, they're receptive to the fight, and all lara's people have to do is ask if they want to start negotiating.

luis decubas runs lara's twitter. he has a habit of calling guys out after they sign for fights . that's lara's manager, and a guy who could easily put in a call to al or to loeffler to get a dialogue going about the fight.
            My honest opinion about the lara fight is that HBO would never put him on HBO PPV again and his purse demands are too high.

Comment

Brook is definitely a big WW, easily could fight at 154lbs.

Maybe later in career step to 160

But going from WW straight to 160 rarely ends in success

This is more likely to look like Benny Paret vs Gene Fullmer than Ray Leonard vs Hagler

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                My honest opinion about the lara fight is that HBO would never put him on HBO PPV again and his purse demands are too high.
                i have yet to see those demands, did anybody even ask him if he is willing to negotiate something? thats an honest question cuz i havent seen that info anywhere but keep hearing about it...

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  Those3 fighters didnt put their signatures on a contract either, which is bad considering that 2 of the3 have publicly said they would do so. Golovkin was left with few options and running out of time. They had a deal done already with Eubank. A simple cross one name out and put the other one on and now we have a fight.

The only name Ive heard ay 168 showing any interest in Golovkin is Ramirez, who recently had surgery on his hand. I dont think negotiations with another fighter or promoter could have happened in the time they have to work with.
                  They don't dictate his career. They have every right to sign or not sign so again its on GGG's team for taking that fight. Why didn't they keep their options open beforehand? If they did they wouldn't be in a position where this had to be the fight. No other fighter only keeps one name on the table. This is a terrible fight and he could've just waited for another date if it meant going to the extreme of bringing a guy up 13lbs with 2 months notice.

Comment

Well obviously, Khan started at LW whereas Brook has always been a natural welter. Still doesn't make it any more acceptable at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                      They don't dictate his career. They have every right to sign or not sign so again its on GGG's team for taking that fight. Why didn't they keep their options open beforehand? If they did they wouldn't be in a position where this had to be the fight. No other fighter only keeps one name on the table. This is a terrible fight and he could've just waited for another date if it meant going to the extreme of bringing a guy up 13lbs with 2 months notice.
                      They have the right to not sign, true, but I dont think they have the"right" (or at least be in the right) for saying they would sign and then refusing to. Its deception and a blatant lie from both Canelo and Eubank. Since we are talking about numerous fighters, you cant say they "...only keeps one name on the table." Golovkin is trying to stay active. Waiting for a fighter to grow a set is not staying active. And if he has to wait after being lied to by Canelo and Eubank, and being straight avoided by Jacobs, they are essentially, dictating his career. Its like this. If you're a pro football player, and no pro teams sign you, they dictate your career, or lack thereof.

The bottom line is this. If Canelo had honored his word, or if Eubank had honored his word, or if Jacobs had the drive to want to be a real champ and not just carrry a junior version of his belt, we wouldn't be talking about how much of a mismatch this is. Wed be talking about how bad a mismatch GGG vs Canelo or Eubank or Jacobs would be

Comment

Working...
                      X