Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: Kell Brook Much Bigger, Much Stronger Than Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g27region View Post
    The same old story about fighters ducking Golovkin? What about Lara? The truth is, Golovkin isn't chasing legacy. If he was chasing legacy, he would try to make 154 after taking Canelo's belt, because this is the kind of fight that can silence all his haters, but he only cares about belts. As soon as people got tired of him manhandling some bums, he started fighting smaller guys. I've had a lot of respect for Golovkin back then, but I'm losing it with each fight, and it's getting harder to defend him. Golovkin's management is wasting his talent

Look, I'm not even saying that Golovkin is the one who's choosing all these bums, cab drivers and bartenders to fight, maybe it's his team who's overprotective of their cash cow. But it's getting ridiculous

It doesn't matter who's ducking who, my point is how you can criticize some other boxer for fighting smaller guys when you're doing the same thing, like you don't know that people will label it as hypocrisy? If Golovkin didn't criticize Canelo for the same thing he's doing now, I wouldn't say a word against him
    Either he stole something or something was stolen from him, either way he was involved in some sh**t )))

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      ...thats all nice and dandy but a top ten guy at 154-168 wouldve been a lot better than a welterweight

complete mismatch

there is no way to dress up this crap fight
      so as of today GGG admitts that canelo wants 155 and he wants 160...
      he was asked if the fight could happen at a different weight and he say 160...
      ggg isnt willing to move 1 lb even after canelo vacated, that mandatory excuse goes out the window now...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        lara's people have never once contacted golovkin's people to start negotiations. go look for the interviews from either team, and find out for yourself. if the guy's team really wanted the fight his people would ask for it in a phone call to golovkin's management, not on twitter . you can also, IDK, fight at middleweight if you want to fight the MW champion? call me old fashioned

lara's an ok fight. better than free willy, or kelly brook. but don't blame golovkin for the fight not happening when the guy A: fights at JMW and won't fight at MW, and B: his people don't want the fight.

how is "golovkin's team overprotective of its cash cow" when they've tried to get every big fighter from MW of the last 5 years to fight? how is the most ducked fighter in boxing protected?

you need to stop letting people with an agenda steer you in the wrong direction.
        I've said for me it doesn't matter who's ducking who, I don't like calling boxers ducks because boxing fans like us, we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg and we're not aware of everything what's going on behind the scenes.

But Golovkin is a hypocrite for doing the same thing he was criticizing Canelo for. If you say that fighting a boxer who's coming from two divisions down is a "disrespect" to the sport, then stick to your own words. Judging by his own logic, he's disrespecting the sport now. As a result of that decision, he's losing support from some of his fans -you can see the messages like "I'm golovkin fan, but I don't like Brook/GGG matchup" here. In that situation, choosing some other Dominic Wade would be a better choice because nobody will give him credit for this fight.

Comment

I've said for me it doesn't matter who's ducking who, I don't like calling boxers ducks because boxing fans like us, we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg and we're not aware of everything what's going on behind the scenes.

But Golovkin is a hypocrite for doing the same thing he was criticizing Canelo for. If you say that fighting a boxer who's coming from two divisions down is a "disrespect" to the sport, then stick to your own words. Judging by his own logic, he's disrespecting the sport now. As a result of that decision, he's losing support from some of his fans -you can see the messages like "I'm golovkin fan, but I don't like Brook/GGG matchup" here. In that situation, choosing some other Dominic Wade would be a better choice because nobody will give him credit for this fight.

i was actually an accredited media member for several years. been ringside at dozens, if not hundreds of fights, from press row.

but you don't need inside information to know that lara's team haven't contacted golovkin's for a fight. they've admitted it. golovkin's team say the same thing, they're receptive to the fight, and all lara's people have to do is ask if they want to start negotiating.

luis decubas runs lara's twitter. he has a habit of calling guys out after they sign for fights . that's lara's manager, and a guy who could easily put in a call to al or to loeffler to get a dialogue going about the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
            Either he stole something or something was stolen from him, either way he was involved in some sh**t )))
            If some fight isn't getting made, I don't care about the reasons why it's not happening. But a lot of boxing fans are quick to call boxers "ducks" for whatever reason

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              i was actually an accredited media member for several years. been ringside at dozens, if not hundreds of fights, from press row.

but you don't need inside information to know that lara's team haven't contacted golovkin's for a fight. they've admitted it. golovkin's team say the same thing, they're receptive to the fight, and all lara's people have to do is ask if they want to start negotiating.

luis decubas runs lara's twitter. he has a habit of calling guys out after they sign for fights . that's lara's manager, and a guy who could easily put in a call to al or to loeffler to get a dialogue going about the fight.
              Okay, but it doesn't mean that Golovkin wasn't being a hypocrite for choosing Brook after he criticized Canelo for fighting a smaller guy

Comment

Okay, but it doesn't mean that Golovkin wasn't being a hypocrite for choosing Brook after he criticized Canelo for fighting a smaller guy

from the interviews i'm hearing, golovkin's doesn't pick opponents. check out the recent ESPN deportes interview, for example.

now, that said, he obviosuly "approves" opponents and contracts by signing them, so we can't remove all blame from him.

and yes, this is a bad fight and it shouldn't be happening. kell brook against the best MW since bernard hopkins? the fight sucks.

let' sjust not lose sight of why it's happening, and in thi scase that is the actions of eubanks SR pricing his son out with crazy demands concerning the promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                  so as of today GGG admitts that canelo wants 155 and he wants 160...
                  he was asked if the fight could happen at a different weight and he say 160...
                  ggg isnt willing to move 1 lb even after canelo vacated, that mandatory excuse goes out the window now...
                  so does "unifying all the belts"..what goood is habing the belts if you dont have to fight for them?

160 is where its safe...the weight and the opponents....he isnt moving up or down

dude needs to start taking risks

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                    Yeh its good he stopped at bigger n stronger and didnt bring up resumes . Phewww! Not like he didnt make himself look enough silly by fighting a Welterweight already.
                    Hang on. dare to be great? Where did that go?

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                      Realistically we can thank Canelo, Jacobs, and Eubank for this fight happening. Canelo lied to us all and led us on for months, making us think there was going to be a fight, only to drop the belt and drop down a division. Hearing that the WBA was going to mandate a fight, Danny Jacobs made himself immediately unavailable. Then there's Mr Eubank Sr, who thought his son was Floyd and wanted total control over the fight, which is absurd and ridiculous. Time was against GGG to find an opponent for Sept 10, or have to wait months for an open HBO date.

I cant say Im thrilled about GGG-Brook, but many of you would complain whether it was Brook ir Jorge Heiland Golovkin fights next
                      Those 3 fighters didn't put his name on that contract, he did. He could've looked at any 168lb fighter, but he chose a WW

Comment

Working...
                      X