Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook is brave but Saunders & Jacobs are afraid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brook is moving up two weight classes. End of thread.

Comment

I can't believe how people are defending Jacobs and Saunders when its obvious they are pricing themselves out (Yes I realize that people are defending GGG Brook which is ridiculous but that's not really what the thread is about).

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        If Brook was offered the same deal as Eubank Jr, $3-$4 mil, why is he considered brave when that's what Jacobs and Saunders wanted? When they said that they were called scared or accused of ducking.

Kell didn't want to fight Vargas because he was getting paid less than Vargas $1.7 mil. The money wasn't good enough for the risk he was taking. Which brings me back to what most of us have been saying. Nobody is afraid of GGG. They want to be compensated properly for the risk they're taking.
        I'm certainly not defending GGG on taking Brook, but the answer to your question is obvious. Jacobs vs GGG will never generate the revenue to justify that kind of money, and I do mean never. The only place any fighter is making that kind of change who is'nt named Canelo, Mayweather, Pac, Cotto or a heavyweight, is in the UK. As far as BJS goes. Do some reserach into Matchroom vs Frank Warren and again the answer is crystal clear. Warren can't compete with Matchroom when it comes to money. If BJS was with Matchroom we would already have an undisputed MW champion.

Plus the whole compensated properly has become such a generalized statement that it has no meaning. Hell I think I should get a million dollars and *******s all day for taking the risks I do at work, but good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          I can't believe how people are defending Jacobs and Saunders when its obvious they are pricing themselves out (Yes I realize that people are defending GGG Brook which is ridiculous but that's not really what the thread is about).

i don't know the details with saunders, but eubanks' dad set unprecedented demands concerning the promotion. wanted to set ticket prices, the undercard fighters and their purses. security, hotels, etc. they asked for control over the entire promotion, which isnot how it is done! it was a totally unique way of pricing one's son out! smart guys

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            i don't know the details with saunders, but eubanks' dad set unprecedented demands concerning the promotion. wanted to set ticket prices, the undercard fighters and their purses. security, hotels, etc. they asked for control over the entire promotion, which isnot how it is done! it was a totally unique way of pricing one's son out! smart guys
            There is so much ducking among top fighters these days that they have to get creative with it.

Comment

Useless arguing with extremely biased people. They can spin everything. Red is blue, night is day, square is round, coward is brave, etc.

Just the other day this poster was saying that when Lara tweets GG's name Loeffler should send him an offer.

I ask him why Danny Garcia ignored Brook when he was calling him out. He ignored my question. Garcia, Brook, two champions in the same division. Brook challenged Garcia for a unification fight in his home country. Garcia never responded. Haymon didn't send any offer to Brook. Yet this poster and his fellow floydhype friends didn't raise hell on Garcia. Nothing. Arguments he uses in other cases can't be used against him.
              Last edited by jqSide; 07-12-2016, 09:31 AM.

Comment

You would think that if Danny Jacobs was worth $3-$4mill, that Haymon would just call for an immediate purse bid and get his guy the fight. I mean if Danny won, he'd be on his way to being Haymon's biggest attraction. Haymon could call a purse bid and pay Danny big money under the table as he's done for Chavez Jr & Thurman, why hasn't team Jacobs done that yet? He's worth the money right?

Danny Jacobs made $1.5mill vs Quillin. He made $550k vs Mora. He made $100k vs Fletcher. He should definitely be getting $3-4mill vs Golovkin........

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
                  Garcia, Brook, two champions in the same division. Brook challenged Garcia for a unification fight in his home country. Garcia never responded. Haymon didn't send any offer to Brook. Yet this poster and his fellow floydhype friends didn't raise hell on Garcia. Nothing. Arguments he uses in other cases can't be used against him.
                  This is a fight that fans should have been looking forward to. Sadly, when one champion wants to step up, the other one doesn't want to. Two champions, both are available, have no promotional issues, the other one willing to travel.. Fight didn't happen.

It's sad.

Comment

One can facilitate being paid that much the other isn't its basic type of stuff here why make it more difficult?
                    People know who Kell Brook and Eubank Jr are and they will sell easily what's your excuse to that I wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      There is so much ducking among top fighters these days that they have to get creative with it.
                      Can the argument be made that the middleweight division is the biggest joke in boxing today?

Comment

Working...
                      X