Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook is brave but Saunders & Jacobs are afraid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    My barber is a huge Ward fan and he never has to spend a dime on tickets because he said they are always giving away free tickets on fight night so go figure
    Cool bro, hope he gets tickets to the next fight. You should get some too since they're free. No other sporting event compares to a boxing event.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      What are you talking about? The guy was off the radar, he just fought a fat bum on BET to 300k viewers, and offers 50/50 to Hbos #2 star to come up in weight, with a years commitment, while the other guy is mando for the biggest fight in boxing. They really didn't have to work hard to pass on that,nobody in boxing is touching that
      Maybe a little extreme on my part. But let's be honest about the situation K2 didn't seem at all interested in Ward. I'm not saying Gennady scared, I don't believe top level BixerS especially with the resume of Gennady to be scared of no man. But his team didn't exactly run to that fight. Probably because there was a good chance he's take a L and they probably thought they had Canelo/Cotto in the crosshairs for a bigger $ fight . But Gennady knocking off Ward does more for his legacy then beating Canelo or Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        If Brook was offered the same deal as Eubank Jr, $3-$4 mil, why is he considered brave when that's what Jacobs and Saunders wanted? When they said that they were called scared or accused of ducking.

Kell didn't want to fight Vargas because he was getting paid less than Vargas $1.7 mil. The money wasn't good enough for the risk he was taking. Which brings me back to what most of us have been saying. Nobody is afraid of GGG. They want to be compensated properly for the risk they're taking.
        Saunders on GGG "They are offering life changing money but it's not just about that because it would be a big risk for me."

Jacobs on Golovkin "it’s going to be right for me on all aspects...I would say in the next year and a half or something to that effect"

One gets offered live changing money and still thinks it's too big a risk. The other wants to wait a year and a half.

Case Closed. Mods do a better job. Op is always creating hate threads on GGG. Make an "I hate GGG" official thread so trolls like the OP can get off on bashing GGG. I'm tired of coming to the 1st page and seeing it clogged with GGG hate threads. It's on the same level as May/Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          Maybe a little extreme on my part. But let's be honest about the situation K2 didn't seem at all interested in Ward. I'm not saying Gennady scared, I don't believe top level BixerS especially with the resume of Gennady to be scared of no man. But his team didn't exactly run to that fight. Probably because there was a good chance he's take a L and they probably thought they had Canelo/Cotto in the crosshairs for a bigger $ fight . But Gennady knocking off Ward does more for his legacy then beating Canelo or Cotto.
          It's a risky fight of course, and they have to concede a pretty major weight advantage to a guy who's made himself irrelevant for years. And one year later, his only claim to relevance is one tune-up later. If you have to make big concessions, the other guy better bring something other than p4p points from 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
            Saunders on GGG "They are offering life changing money but it's not just about that because it would be a big risk for me."

Jacobs on Golovkin "it’s going to be right for me on all aspects...I would say in the next year and a half or something to that effect"

One gets offered live changing money and still thinks it's too big a risk. The other wants to wait a year and a half.

Case Closed. Mods do a better job. Op is always creating hate threads on GGG. Make an "I hate GGG" official thread so trolls like the OP can get off on bashing GGG. I'm tired of coming to the 1st page and seeing it clogged with GGG hate threads. It's on the same level as May/Pac.
            Sauders said he was offered a million. Jacobs is saying the same thing Loeffler said which is the money for the fight isn't there right now because it has to be a PPV fight. I've posted the facebook live video where Loeffler said it. Do you need me to do it again?

Comment

Sauders said he was offered a million. Jacobs is saying the same thing Loeffler said which is the money for the fight isn't there right now because it has to be a PPV fight. I've posted the facebook live video where Loeffler said it. Do you need me to do it again?
              Did you not read the quotes I posted? Or are you that big a troll?

Comment

Did you not read the quotes I posted? Or are you that big a troll?
                Source the quote. And it was $1.5 not $1

“I’ll go to America but these Americans have got to stop offering me s*** money to fight, people keep saying I got offered $4m to fight him. If I got $4m to fight Golovkin, I would be fighting him!” explained Saunders.

“They offered me $1.5m for what? To go in someone’s back yard. Alright Lemieux done it… Look where he is now… No belt and no ranking!”
                http://www.boxingscene.com/saunders-...illion--102915

Here is Tom Loeffler saying he hasn't sat down and talked to the WBA about the Jacobs fight and hasn't has serious negotiations with Jacobs team. He said the money isn't there for the fight and it would have to be on PPV and the fight needs to be built up. Starts at 12:11

https://www.facebook.com/UCNLive/vid...1149310014767/

Comment

Source the quote. And it was $1.5 not $1

http://www.boxingscene.com/saunders-...illion--102915

Here is Tom Loeffler saying he hasn't sat down and talked to the WBA about the Jacobs fight and hasn't has serious negotiations with Jacobs team. He said the money isn't there for the fight and it would have to be on PPV and the fight needs to be built up. Starts at 12:11

https://www.facebook.com/UCNLive/vid...1149310014767/
                  Dude Saunders ducked...its clear from his response. He said it was life altering money but it was too big a risk.

As for Jacobs he wanted 3-4 millions for GGG. If that's not pricing out i don't know what is. His fight vs Quillen tanked with the viewers and he's not a bigger draw than Golovkin. GGG's purse is about 2 million. What on earth makes Jacobs think he is worth 4 million? Clearly not his drawing power.

Haymon has f^cked boxing with his bums for big bucks policy and now all boxers are bizznezzmen and they all want ridiculous amounts of money just to be in a competitive fight. Boxing needs to be revamped and structured in a way where the best face the best like in any other sport. Not the corrupted system we have now.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    It's a risky fight of course, and they have to concede a pretty major weight advantage to a guy who's made himself irrelevant for years. And one year later, his only claim to relevance is one tune-up later. If you have to make big concessions, the other guy better bring something other than p4p points from 5 years ago.
                    Not going to disagree with anything you wrote. But Once Ward knew he couldn't get GGG he said f.uck it and has decided to take on a huge challenge in NOv. I wish K2 did the same and even if they passed on the Ward fight put Gennady in with a challenge or two.

But for every GGG sperm sipper that compares him to Jesus theres a GGG detractor who no matter what can't do no right. Each sides have some valid points. Because his career went from obscurity to top dog in his divisions , Hes served notice that everyone else in his paper thin division knows their probably going to get a beating of a lifetime if they fight him. So that's why they want top dollar

GGG beating Ward shuts up the detractors because inactive or not being the first man to claim Wards scalp is a pretty big deal and he would no doubt be P4p #1. Plus up until this fight it'd probably be his biggest purse. But K2 didn't want to risk it and I get it but if that's the case they have to do a better job then lining him up with a WW, Wade , Lemiuex and Monroe in my opinion that doesn't cut it either.

K2 is about the money

Comment

Dude Saunders ducked...its clear from his response. He said it was life altering money but it was too big a risk.

As for Jacobs he wanted 3-4 millions for GGG. If that's not pricing out i don't know what is. His fight vs Quillen tanked with the viewers and he's not a bigger draw than Golovkin. GGG's purse is about 2 million. What on earth makes Jacobs think he is worth 4 million? Clearly not his drawing power.

Haymon has f^cked boxing with his bums for big bucks policy and now all boxers are bizznezzmen and they all want ridiculous amounts of money just to be in a competitive fight. Boxing needs to be revamped and structured in a way where the best face the best like in any other sport. Not the corrupted system we have now.
                      So I source everything I said and you come back with opinion? Source the things you say or this is a wasted conversation.

Comment

Working...
                      X