Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook is brave but Saunders & Jacobs are afraid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    So I source everything I said and you come back with opinion? Source the things you say or this is a wasted conversation.
    http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/1/7/...fer-or-concede

Saunders ducking

http://thaboxingvoice.com/andre-rozi...s/54935?var=no

Jacobs trainer saying he wants 3-5 million.

And the last paragraph is not a an opinion is the truth. All other sports feature the best against the best at their best. In boxing we get mismatches.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
      You just posted the same thing I posted so you're proving my point. From the article you posted

"An offer has been made but people need to understand I don't have a loss on my record and it's not like Golovkin's last opponent David Lemieux who had lost twice before he fought him," Saunders told ESPN.

"I believe I'm a better champion than Lemieux was so deserve more. They [Golovkin's team] are not chucking peanuts around but I'm not going in there just to pick the money up."
      That's exactly what he was saying in the one I posted. They lowballed him and he asked for the same amount of money Brook is getting. He has a belt, Brook doesn;t. So now that price goes up. And if GGG can't afford it, Canelo can.

"I could earn that money against someone else. They are offering life changing money but it's not just about that because it would be a big risk for me.

"They've got to pay me more money than I would get for the Chris Eubank Jr rematch."
      The life changing is the $1.5 mil he was offered. He'd never made that much. And in the article I posted he explained that Lemieux made the same amount for his title fight and it didn't do anything for his career. So if his career were to come to a stop like Lemieux's, he wanted more money. The problem with your source is that is when everyone thought Saunders was offered $3-$4 mil (some said even six million) But even the article admits they dont know how much Saunders was offered

It's believed that Golovkin's team has offered Saunders £2.2M (roughly $3.2M U.S. dollars) for the fight.

Jacobs trainer saying he wants 3-5 million.

And the last paragraph is not a an opinion is the truth. All other sports feature the best against the best at their best. In boxing we get mismatches.
      Which brings me back to the title and point of the whole post. Brook is getting what Jacobs and Saunders wanted. Glad you could finally come around to the same conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        You just posted the same thing I posted so you're proving my point. From the article you posted

That's exactly what he was saying in the one I posted. They lowballed him and he asked for the same amount of money Brook is getting. He has a belt, Brook doesn;t. So now that price goes up. And if GGG can't afford it, Canelo can.

The life changing is the $1.5 mil he was offered. He'd never made that much. And in the article I posted he explained that Lemieux made the same amount for his title fight and it didn't do anything for his career. So if his career were to come to a stop like Lemieux's, he wanted more money. The problem with your source is that is when everyone thought Saunders was offered $3-$4 mil (some said even six million) But even the article admits they dont know how much Saunders was offered

[B]Jacobs trainer saying he wants 3-5 million.

Which brings me back to the title and point of the whole post. Brook is getting what Jacobs and Saunders wanted. Glad you could finally come around to the same conclusion.
        Saunders was offered money he hadn't seen before and still didn't want it because he feared that when he got his sh^t pushed in like Lemieux it would take him time to rebuild himself. What Lemieux was offered didn't matter because he is Saunders not lemieux. He was not worth more than 1.5 million just because he would get beat up and would have to rebuild himself.

Brook got what he wanted because he's not Saunders or Jacobs. Brook is the A side, can sell more, and got Hearns and Sky to deliver more and the fight will be held in London.

GGG is not the A side here and Brooks got the fight because he offered the biggest purse. Which is funny because you are defending Jacobs and Saunders because they wanted more money, well so did GGG. GGG is a bizznezz man too so embrace him or call yourself a hypocrite.

Comment

Brook is going for the biggest payday of his career. That takes more brains than courage. Saunders and Jacobs wanted to get more for taking the risk. If they got it, they would be brave too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Golovkin does nowhere near the business that Floyd did, which is why Floyd was able to basically cashout life-changing money to his opponents and basically write it off as the cost of simply staging the event (On just the gate/closed circuit in Vegas, Floyd likely cleared $20m+ easy).

Golovkin does similar business to Daniel Jacobs (the new lead face of the "Brooklyn Boxing" brand for the Barclays Center) and Billy Joe Saunders (largely based on the payout from BoxNation).

No idea what Saunders' gates looked like in the UK, but "Miracle Man" Daniel Jacobs, between his purse, his sponsors, and the new deal with Barclays Center, is going to end up making more than $2m for his rematch with Sergio Mora.
            hold your horse their bruh, proof or he'll only make less than $1m lmao and im talking about his purse

Comment

i don't know a ton about what saunders brings for money.

jacobs only did 3-400 K in ratings on showtime. that's pathetic. dude does not deserve that much money unless he can somehow generate a ton of ppv, which doesn't seem likely. golovkin doesn't sell enough ppv on his own to give himself that kind of purse, nevermind jacobs.

now, with saunders, i'm not sure. they sell out big arenas and the small ppv prices sell well.

Comment

Saunders was offered money he hadn't seen before and still didn't want it because he feared that when he got his sh^t pushed in like Lemieux it would take him time to rebuild himself. What Lemieux was offered didn't matter because he is Saunders not lemieux. He was not worth more than 1.5 million just because he would get beat up and would have to rebuild himself.

Brook got what he wanted because he's not Saunders or Jacobs. Brook is the A side, can sell more, and got Hearns and Sky to deliver more and the fight will be held in London.

GGG is not the A side here and Brooks got the fight because he offered the biggest purse. Which is funny because you are defending Jacobs and Saunders because they wanted more money, well so did GGG. GGG is a bizznezz man too so embrace him or call yourself a hypocrite.
                How can GGG offer Saunders $3million when his own best payday is like $1million?

Makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  i don't know a ton about what saunders brings for money.

jacobs only did 3-400 K in ratings on showtime. that's pathetic. dude does not deserve that much money unless he can somehow generate a ton of ppv, which doesn't seem likely. golovkin doesn't sell enough ppv on his own to give himself that kind of purse, nevermind jacobs.

now, with saunders, i'm not sure. they sell out big arenas and the small ppv prices sell well.
                  Exactly. People are saying he offered Saunders $3-4 million. Ehm, what? He doesn't even break $1.5 himself taking up 80% of the money himself from HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    How can GGG offer Saunders $3million when his own best payday is like $1million?

Makes no sense.

golovkin's people would be offering a split of ppv revvie and a garantee if they fought over here. there's also gate money.

if they were on regular HBO the fight would be "bought", and then the sides would negotiate a split. those purses absolutely max out at around 3 million, to be divided two ways. typically golovkin fights have been bought for around 2 million bucks, with golovkin taking 1 plus, and his opponents getting a few hundred K. for instance, golovkin made 2 million against "house arrest" dominic wade, who got a 20% split for 500K.

IMO HBO horribly overpaid for that fight, and it's just a way to keep golovkin on hbo and happy until he's a ppv headliner, or they get the alvarez fight. paying bookoo dollars for mismatches is what got everybody fired over there a few years ago, and why they all say al haymon is the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      golovkin's people would be offering a split of ppv revvie and a garantee if they fought over here. there's also gate money.

if they were on regular HBO the fight would be "bought", and then the sides would negotiate a split. those purses absolutely max out at around 3 million, to be divided two ways. typically golovkin fights have been bought for around 2 million bucks, with golovkin taking 1 plus, and his opponents getting a few hundred K. for instance, golovkin made 2 million against "house arrest" dominic wade, who got a 20% split for 500K.

IMO HBO horribly overpaid for that fight, and it's just a way to keep golovkin on hbo and happy until he's a ppv headliner, or they get the alvarez fight. paying bookoo dollars for mismatches is what got everybody fired over there a few years ago, and why they all say al haymon is the devil.
                      Didn't know the HBO license for that fight was that much. Good for them. But yeah, obviously it'll make a lot more sense if they have two major channels buying/paying for the event - problem is boxnation doesn't do PPV. Although they have proved to pay high purses for example buying Fury/Klitschko 2, out-bidding Sky PPV.

I doubt, really doubt, Golovkin/BJS would bring in enough to give both fighters $4million - Unless in the U.S on HBO PPV and boxnation supporting with high purses.

What is a typical gate for a GGG fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X