No announcement yet.

Marquez Moved Up Two Weight Divisions to Face Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    Against the 2 best 135lbers. You gonna cry now that he didn't fight David Diaz?
    I dunno they were the 2 best. Campbell still had most of the belts, hed recently exposed Diaz. And Casa was old and creaky, got knocked out of the ring and trailed late to Katsidis who's never managed a title

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      And Mayweather STILL gets shyt over this so why would it be a good argument to bolster GGG?? Are you going to talk shyt about him too?
      But dude the same guys who big up Floyd and say Marquez was a legit fight for him to take on are the same ones who are shyting on this fight. It's a total double standard.

I've been battling guys all day on this and came out with a tko win for me.

I've made legitimate arguments on why is comparable and never get a legit response to refute my argument.

As far as Floyd still getting shyt for his fight with Marquez is because it stems from him making Marquez move up two weight classes and then pulling a fast one on him and screwing him on the scales. Which was f'ed up.
      Last edited by boxinghead530; 07-08-2016, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        Juan Manuel Marquez had never fought above 135 and then moved to 142 against Mayweather who weighed 146 at the weigh-in. So, in essence, he moved up seven pounds and fought a Mayweather who was 4 pounds heavier at the weigh-in. Marquez also had fought very little at 135, mostly 130 the past few years.

I have no problem with any of this, but I'm not going to nod along and say this is fine and then condemn other champions for doing the same thing. 147-155 isn't even that much of a leap. 147-160 is higher, but these guys both agreed to it. So what's the problem?
        I have no problem with Brook choosing to move up in weight. What I have a problem with is the fact that Brook has only fought one quality opponent at welterweight. If Brook had cleaned out the division and then moved up, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I also have a problem with the fact that Golovkin has spent his entire career picking and choosing the easiest opponents he can find. Golovkin had no problem moving up to 168 to fight Chavez Jr. or Froch because he thought he could beat those two. Yet, he refused to move up to 168 to fight Andre Ward. He is a gutless coward looking for the easiest fights possible.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          I dunno they were the 2 best. Campbell still had most of the belts, hed recently exposed Diaz. And Casa was old and creaky, got knocked out of the ring and trailed late to Katsidis who's never managed a title
          A split division win is exposed? Go outside and play.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
            But dude the same guys who big up Floyd and say Marquez was a legit fight for him to take on are the same ones who are shyting on this fight. It's a total double standard.

I've been battling guys all day on this and came out with a tko win for me.

I've made legitimate arguments on why is comparable and never get a legit response to refute my argument.

As far as Floyd still getting shyt for his fight with Marquez is because it stems from him making Marquez move up two weight classes and then pulling a fast one on him and screwing him on the scales. Which was f'ed up.
            Didn't Marquez call out a retired Floyd Mayweather? Did Floyd go looking for JMM or did JMM demand a fight with the best? Team Golovkin reached out to make a fight with Brook not the other way around

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              A split division win is exposed? Go outside and play.
              Didn't see the fight eh? He exposed him for not being able to deal with adversity. Got cut, fell apart. Same vs Marquez, he was pushing the smaller guy around till he got cut, then things went south very quick

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                Didn't Marquez call out a retired Floyd Mayweather? Did Floyd go looking for JMM or did JMM demand a fight with the best? Team Golovkin reached out to make a fight with Brook not the other way around
                And what doess that mean? In those times there were lots of guys calling out Floyd all the time and more dangerous guys too.

Plus give me a break with the Marquez demanding the fight. Marquez called him out nothing more. Just like others did.

Also in interviews Brook expressed interest in fighting GGG. But who cares about a call out.

All I have been saying is this fight to me is just like Floyd-Marquez. I also had this bah humbug response that I have with GGG-Brook as I did Floyd-Marquez.

Lastly let's quit all this Floyd was retired for two years stuff, it was barely a year and a half. And during that year and a half there were reports always reporting Floyd being in the gym. Everyone knew he was coming back since he never left the gym and trained during that time.
                Last edited by boxinghead530; 07-08-2016, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                  Not according to Brooks promoter. Brook had already called out Ggg a few months back, everyone thought he was joking like the rest. So when Eubank failed to sign by the deadline, Hearn offered the same deal to Brook. Ggg just had 4 top MWs back out, and a date in 2 months

Comment

problem here is Brook is not even proven at 147 man, Jmm was the lineal champ at 135 and already a hall of fame fighter and one of the best ever out of Mexico..

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      And Mayweather STILL gets shyt over this so why would it be a good argument to bolster GGG?? Are you going to talk shyt about him too?
                      True, Floyd gets slammed for that fight while Manny and Bradley get props for fighting him years later at ww

Comment

Working...
                      X